**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Sentinel vs G2099

Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
edited August 2020 in Strategy and Tips
I recently finished exploring v4 and got a tech 4-5 gem. unfortunately, my warlock is my only rank five, so I would have preferred another class, but I have good options. who would you recommend that I rank up and who do you like better? Please keep in mind that I have a tech ag

Sentinel vs G2099 61 votes

Sentinel
26%
pseudosaneGoddessIliasManar198xCiciliatoDjinVedantMehtaGrandmaster007dot_dittoTotalMonster109HedronSarvanga1_BonzodavidMauledFlashSpideyKAYDATheGodfather39 16 votes
G2099
73%
zuffyNumanLvernon15BrandonmballouarsjumHammerbro_64FaisaljavedDrDeadpoolmanveertherealplayinggameletJedi_HawkeKnightNvrEndingThatOneMasterGamerAnthinhoRockypantherxQacobPrcekKk25MiStaLovaBLACKMILKTEA_88FiiNCH 45 votes
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

Guilly99 without question lol

how viable/usable is she? I feel like she has more potential but might not work in harder content where it's hard for her sp3 ender
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★

how viable/usable is she? I feel like she has more potential but might not work in harder content where it's hard for her sp3 ender
    Shes a nerfed aegon but what makes her amazing is her utility not her damage. The combo meter mechanic could’ve been improved imo , like adding 50 after each sp3 since some fights it just might be hard to end with it at the exact 5% or less mark
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    G2099

The only stuff that is hard are safeguard style things like rage and transducer/burden of might and similar. Those are rare enough nodes as is. She's great. Doesn't really need the dupe either.

Source: I have her 5/65 duped
  • manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    G2099
    Ez ez ez ez ez dubz
    wow this is super one-sided. what's her utility useful for?
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★
    G2099

The only stuff that is hard are safeguard style things like rage and transducer/burden of might and similar. Those are rare enough nodes as is. She's great. Doesn't really need the dupe either.

It's funny you say that. G2099 is actually an excellent counter to safeguard and rage because her degen ignores both of them.
  • The_enlightenedThe_enlightened Posts: 545 ★★★
    Check her out on YouTube
    Used my maxed out 5* to do 2 paths of LOL past week

at that level (your current game level) the HB is more useful than sentinel. also get that AA to r4 and that em frost to r3 and go nuts with an r5 colossus. but sure 5* g99 over 5* sentinel.

oh yeah I'm definitely bringing colossus to r5 as soon as the glory store resets and aa after my tech r5.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    G2099
    She has some amazing power burn, life steal, and power drain from l1. Plus heal reversal and she doesn’t crit, which makes her viable for certain end game stuff.
  • MiStaLovaMiStaLova Posts: 942 ★★★
    G2099
    Hulkbuster is the best here
    G2099
    arsjum said:

It's funny you say that. G2099 is actually an excellent counter to safeguard and rage because her degen ignores both of them.
    Except when you throw your fight ending L3. You need to have it where they are low enough to kill them with the combination of the damage during the animation and instant damage coming from that. Trust me it’s a pain in the butt unless the safeguard style node is on the boss.
    G2099

wow this is super one-sided. what's her utility useful for?

She’s a robot, so double immune, she has a low healthpool but that is compensated by a beefy armor buff (health potions are more effective on her) she can power drain on L1, regen back to 50% from 15%, Havok counter, cornered counter, tons of damage. I could go on but you get the gist. There is a lot of hidden utility of her instant energy damage from 100-600 combo count.
    ooh thanks everyone! she's not going to r5 for a while because my t2a are going to colossus, but I'm taking her up soon. thanks everyone!
    is it hard to keep her ramp up? when I've used her, I finish with an sp3 on the first fight, but after, sometimes I'll kill the opponent before I can launch a sp3 finisher
  • Sentinel
    I have both of them r5. If you could get that sentinel awakened, it would be him. Sentinel has fallen under the radar, but he is bucket of utility and by far one of the tankiest champs in game.
    youcan take a full combo at 100 analysis from an r3 domino on oscillate-mix master and still be alive and kicking, he is that tanky. He has insane dps, and great at light intercepts. I anyday favor my sentinel over g99. G99 is awesome, dont get me wrong, but sentinel has FAR more uses than her.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    edited August 2020
    Sentinel
    If you’ve not done V3, or V2 for that matter, Sentinel everyday of the week. Sentinel makes V3 a cake walk, especially awakened. This will give you another R5, R4, 2016 R4x3, R3x3 and roughly 1 T5B.

Outside of Variant, Sentinel is the ultimate mutant killer, 2x immune, incinerates, power saving, shocks, unstoppable heavy, permanent armour up (sp3), and long fights a good regen if you’re really hurting. Don’t get me wrong, G2099 has her uses, but I’ve found them to be pretty niche outside of Flow wars. If you do R5 her over Sentinel, don’t awaken her, keep it for Sentinel as he becomes far more user friendly when awakened and doesn’t need any sig stones.
    G2099

is it hard to keep her ramp up? when I've used her, I finish with an sp3 on the first fight, but after, sometimes I'll kill the opponent before I can launch a sp3 finisher

You gotta parry heavy with smaller health pools. Or just save her for the boss. Iirc, it takes 9 parry-heavies to get to 3 bars.