How are you supposed to finish Summer Smackdown Gamma on Master with 12,500 team rating????

disturbedgeniusdisturbedgenius Member Posts: 98
edited August 2020 in Strategy and Tips
Maybe i'm the worst player ever, but i don't understand how you're supposed to be able to finish Summer Snackdown Gamma on Master with a team rating of 12,500.

Having champions with health around 10,000 and fighting champions with 45,000 health that deals enough damage to kill you in 10 punches or less sounds impossible to me.

Comments

• TheBair123TheBair123 Member Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    I'm using 5/50 quake, 5/50 corvus (awakened), 5/50 Aegon (sig 48), 3/45 starky, and 3/45 CMM, and I can get past the stealthy with quake, but then the mysterio is very tough. Especially with the passive gain of the poison gas. But then again, the team ratings "suggestions" are never accurate. I have a 22,500 team and still can't beat this week's master.
  • PrincenayarwPrincenayarw Member Posts: 372 ★★
    Its pretty easy if you have the right counters
  • PrincenayarwPrincenayarw Member Posts: 372 ★★
    BWCV did most my work
  • JoeCool23JoeCool23 Member Posts: 24
    It was very easy with right counters. Omega for Stealth and BWCV (triggers his death field constantly). Hyp for Mysterio and Warlock. Void for Sunspot. Sym Sup for Aarkus. Brought CapIW, did not need.
  • disturbedgeniusdisturbedgenius Member Posts: 98
    JoeCool23 said:

It was very easy with right counters. Omega for Stealth and BWCV (triggers his death field constantly). Hyp for Mysterio and Warlock. Void for Sunspot. Sym Sup for Aarkus. Brought CapIW, did not need.

And your team rating for this was around 12,500?
  • EtjamaEtjama Member Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Dude, people are doing the Epic boss rush with 4*s. 12,500 is completely reasonable for Master.
    Ok wait, a few ppl keep saying it's easy and there's no problem with the right champions.

But at which level of playing are you guys? Are average players finding it easy or are these "git good"-guys pretty highly skilled for their team rating?

Am i supposed to be good enough if i'm around or slightly below averagely good?
  • CiciliatoCiciliato Member Posts: 302

Maybe i'm the worst player ever, but i don't understand how you're supposed to be able to finish Summer Snackdown Gamma on Master with a team rating of 12,500.

Having champions with health around 10,000 and fighting champions with 45,000 health that deals enough damage to kill you in 10 punches or less sounds impossible to me.

1 maxed 5 star let's go. Jokes aside, team rating means nothing, like chapters on act 6 have more than 90k rating and you don't really need that
    What fights are you having trouble and what champs do you have ?
  • Mattylo22Mattylo22 Member Posts: 6
    I'm in the same boat- but it's more due to the lack of variation in my heroes. Doesn't matter how skilled I am- if I go into Master with my highest ranked hero 4/40 Starky I may be able to beat the first hero with a convo of 150+, but he stands no chance against some of the other champs.
    These are end-game players who are being used as examples who, yes, are doing the content with 4*'s. However, they are all at maxed sig (or very close to it), and have their choice of literally every 4* champ in the game.
    So yes, if you had every 4* unlocked, at "4/40" (or more likely- 5/50); at maxed Sig ability: you also would have the option to pick your team based on each individual fight, and wouldn't have as much of an issue.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Member Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    show your roster. we can help you pick counters for fights

Ciciliato said:

My champions with high enough ratings are:

Captain America (IW)
    Hyperion
    Blade
    Havok
    Medusa
    She-Hulk
    Darkhawk
    Mysterio
  • Rayaan_2000Rayaan_2000 Member Posts: 655 ★★★
    Medusa for warlock and mysterio
    Against sunspot, stay as aggressive as possible, hit him every 4 seconds or atleast try to, you can use Darkhawk/Mysterio for him
    Havok can do stealthy, just look out for his evades
    Cap IW for claire voyant, she's not that difficult
    I don't see any good vision aarkus counter, that will be difficult

But most important, keep trying until you get better, no point in coming to the forums and complaining.
    As KT1 once said, the best way to improve in mcoc is to get wrecked

Ciciliato said:

My champions with high enough ratings are:

Captain America (IW)
    Hyperion
    Blade
    Havok
    Medusa
    She-Hulk
    Darkhawk
    Mysterio
    I've used Havok for Sunspot and Spider, Hyperion for Mysterio and Warlock, Cap for Aarkus. These 3 plus Medusa and Darkhawk/Mysterio can do well
  • Rlay02Rlay02 Member Posts: 22
    Honestly all u need is enough skill and technique
    Ratings dont matter
    You can see some videos of someone using a 2 star aegon beating maestro from act 4
    U only need skill
  • MauledMauled Member, Guardian Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    It’s time to learn the deeper mechanics off the game beyond 5 hit combos and parrying. Every champion has different nuances and how their mechanics react with different champions and whatever nodes those champions are placed on can drastically alter your optimal playstyle.

If you’re still at the stage where your team’s collective PI is the biggest factor in your ability to complete content you might not be there yet but by the end of this series of boss rushes you may well be. Learn each fight and what the best counters are - there’s also lots of stuff on YouTube for these specifically as well as generic how to beat champion X videos.
  • PRIM0PRIM0 Member Posts: 1
    So your mastery setup has nothing to do with your success ???