**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Variant 5: Blood and Venom: Guide and Review

2»

Comments

• DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★
    This is a great write-up. While I haven’t explored yet, I agree with your critique of the Spider-Verse global buffs.

Sadly, it could have been a chance for everyone’s OG Spidey or Miles to shine (finally), but it really wasn’t. My expectations were higher given the way Var2/3 benefited champs you might not expect to be viable in advanced content.

Dr. Zola
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    The chapter 1 global made stark and even more god like. I blew through chapter 1 just with stark and voodoo.

Chapter 2 was basically all voodoo except a few fights here and there

Chapter 3 is basically straight forward too. There are some slightly bs-y lines in venom quest but not horrendous as per usual kabam.

Venom is overall aggressive passive, if you know what I mean. Voodoo also does well against him, I bait special 1 get voodoo to special 2, even combo and power control him. Then I’ll try my luck in converting his buffs into spirit venom. It’s either I get 0 or I get 20 there is no In between lol. I have 3 paths left as of this post to 100%. They are all in 3.2
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    V4 is 5.5? What?
  • pseudosanepseudosane Posts: 3,762 Guardian
    edited August 2020
    For that mephisto on improved powergain, I struggled to find a good counter. Meph didnt work (of course), and i dont have claire.
    But the key here is using the global.
    I used my r5 venom, with max pacify, parry heavied till i could start the global mitosis and then went to town. One shot him. That is the key, i think.

V4 is 5.5? What?

Right I forgot to address that. You crazy? V4 was fun, were you one of those who sold their 1 stars and that’s why you hate it? I did that and spent 800 units got what I needed and still had fun.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

This is a great write-up. While I haven’t explored yet, I agree with your critique of the Spider-Verse global buffs.

Sadly, it could have been a chance for everyone’s OG Spidey or Miles to shine (finally), but it really wasn’t. My expectations were higher given the way Var2/3 benefited champs you might not expect to be viable in advanced content.

Dr. Zola

Hm.., I disagree.

I think the Spiderverse global was pretty interesting as it fits into playstyle more than actual attacker buffs.

It takes 2 full sets of combos to get the defender to sp1. Bait, counter. Bait sp1 and counter again. Then you’re at unblockable for the duration of the buff. This means you’ll be able to get them to sp1 fast again to repeat the process.

I believe that’s the idea behind the stun immune + 90% armor for the chapter.
    DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

it’s great fun with Symbiote Spider-Man
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

V4 is 5.5? What?

Right I forgot to address that. You crazy? V4 was fun, were you one of those who sold their 1 stars and that’s why you hate it? I did that and spent 800 units got what I needed and still had fun.
    Oh no I had all my one stars still, it just really pisses me off that have 100% exploration locked behind having a one star hulk and not giving any way to easily get him. Other than that it was a really really fun variant.

V4 is 5.5? What?

Oh no I had all my one stars still, it just really pisses me off that have 100% exploration locked behind having a one star hulk and not giving any way to easily get him. Other than that it was a really really fun variant.
    one path locked behind one champ justifies a 5.5? That’s a bit on the overkill. 7.5 minimum if it bothers you that much
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★

V4 is 5.5? What?

one path locked behind one champ justifies a 5.5? That’s a bit on the overkill. 7.5 minimum if it bothers you that much
    Think it’s 2-3 times you have to face that node as it’s at a point where a few paths meet. It’s also a horrid node when there’s only 1 poison immune champ that can get a fury as a 1*

V4 is 5.5? What?

I do agree but luckily I pulled him on my 800th unit lol
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★
    @xNig and @SpideyFunko no BSSM, which is fine. Stun immune/debuff immune is the one that seems to offer utility for the global. Elsewhere, not so much as far as I can tell.

Dr. Zola
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

V4 is 5.5? What?

It’s also because Kabam said that they would make one stars more available but still haven’t followed through on that promise.

V4 is 5.5? What?

It’s also because Kabam said that they would make one stars more available but still haven’t followed through on that promise.
    fair, but just because Kabam isn’t making one stars available doesn’t bring this path down once. Besides, it could be worse