**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Moon knight silent buff & ideas

StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
edited August 2020 in General Discussion
I heard and saw that moon knight had a silent buff enabling him to stack the bleed he does ! Thats great πŸ‘

Maybe you could push its buff/rework a little bit more by rethinking its moon phases bonus ?

As for now, the moon phase bonus applied is determined at the start of the fight but you never know which bonus you will get nor can you plan a strategy during a long fight. And as a defender he is next to useless if he can’t get the new moon phase bonus (+5% evade).

My idea would be to rotate those phase during the fight, the same way the oscillate buff node.

Let’s say a rotation every 15-20 seconds for each phase - new moon / waxing moon / full moon / waning moon etc...

Each phase giving Moon knight a set of unique buff/skill

New moon : defensive phase
+x% to evasion
A passive armor
The IA would be more defensive

Waxing moon & Waning moon
Those phases would give offensive and defensive buffs/skills
Not as potents as defensive new moon or offensive full moon but a mix of those two

Full moon : offensive phase
Passive fury and bonus to critical damage
IA being more offensive

This is just a suggestion that would make Moon knight more enjoyable to play

Comments

• Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

The moon dependent abilities are cool and dumb at the same time.

yeah exactly lol. it's definitely super cool to see it have an impact but also frustrating that on certain days they will be better
  • Options
    Stellar said:

As for now, the moon phase bonus applied is determined at the start of the fight but you never know which bonus you will get nor can you plan a strategy during a long fight....

My idea would be to rotate those phase during the fight, the same way the oscillate buff node.
    Let’s say a rotation every 15-20 seconds for each phase - new moon / waxing moon / full moon / waning moon etc...

Moon Knight's phase is actually tied to our real Moon. So you can tell if you are approximately near either a Full or New Moon, and know which one you will get (or his Waning or Waxing phase if inbetween Full or New).

It's just iffy sometimes as to how many days are counted as being in Full/New phases. It's more than just 1 or 2 day's worth (seem to recall Full or New lasting for around 4-5 days for him in game ?)

Would be nice though if on Pre-Fight screen they could maybe use an ICON Indicator to tell you what phase the Moon is in for him (as either your attacker, or even against defensive nodes that are M.K. in any quest). Sort of like Icon indicator for Persistent Counts, etc (but would have to indicate 1 of 4 different phases).
  • Options
    Thats’s why i suggest to have the different moon phases rotate during the fight.
    It should allow a better control and use of moon knight abilities.
  • Options
    GMAX77GMAX77 Posts: 498 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I am all for buffing him further. Considering that there are only a few truly game breaking skill class champs, I don't think it would hurt to allow him to access all of his moon phase abilities as standard abilities, and then just increase them further based on the moon. I think this would really make him much better, but even with that I don't think he'd be better than Aegon, Fury, or Blade.
  • Options
    GMAX77 said:

I am all for buffing him further. Considering that there are only a few truly game breaking skill class champs, I don't think it would hurt to allow him to access all of his moon phase abilities as standard abilities, and then just increase them further based on the moon. I think this would really make him much better, but even with that I don't think he'd be better than Aegon, Fury, or Blade.

Well that depends on the different abilities Moonknight could have i guess !

For example in the full moon phase (where no one can hide) he could have an anti-miss ability

The Darkness of the new moon could provide him full protection against range attacks with 90% miss like Hood invisibility

That in addition of the standard buff like fury, armor etc...
  • Options
    JakeLockleyJakeLockley Posts: 24 β˜…

The moon dependent abilities are cool and dumb at the same time.

He could be that character used to beat great bosses in just one week and others normal missions (but not as a meme tier, as he is now)
  • Options
    KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Make it like Sym Supreme/Sorc Supreme where his phases change during the fight instead of based on the day you're using to fight with him. That would make him so much better. And buff up what his phases do.
  • Options
    Marvel2289Marvel2289 Posts: 1,008 β˜…β˜…β˜…

Stellar said:

As for now, the moon phase bonus applied is determined at the start of the fight but you never know which bonus you will get nor can you plan a strategy during a long fight....

Moon Knight's phase is actually tied to our real Moon. So you can tell if you are approximately near either a Full or New Moon, and know which one you will get (or his Waning or Waxing phase if inbetween Full or New).

It's just iffy sometimes as to how many days are counted as being in Full/New phases. It's more than just 1 or 2 day's worth (seem to recall Full or New lasting for around 4-5 days for him in game ?)

Would be nice though if on Pre-Fight screen they could maybe use an ICON Indicator to tell you what phase the Moon is in for him (as either your attacker, or even against defensive nodes that are M.K. in any quest). Sort of like Icon indicator for Persistent Counts, etc (but would have to indicate 1 of 4 different phases).
    If I remember correctly, I think he remained at Full Moon during some of the more illuminated Gibbous Moons and New Moon during the Barely Illuminated Crescent Moons