**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Who did you use to beat SS?

Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
edited August 2020 in Strategy and Tips

This is not the thread to whine. This is for people who want to work together to overcome the present obstacle, not ask for a lesser one.

We can use this space to brainstorm counters and strategies. Have at it!
Post edited by Kabam Habanero on

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2020
    So far Medusa and Venom seem like solid counters. You need to be careful because of DoT you will be inflicting, but with consistency its not too bad.
  • Options
    Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    I've heard Medusa and Colossus can work quite well against him.
  • Options
    Heimdall synergy might help out a bit.
  • Options
    The_enlightenedThe_enlightened Posts: 545 ★★★
    Doctor doom plus MF i found to be a better counter even with suicides
    Do the first cycle as normal but after you trigger your sp3 do MLM MLLLL parry LMLLH usually that’s enough for another sp3 no sp1 needed if you use suicides and very reliable
  • Options
    RU11011RU11011 Posts: 880 ★★★★
    The quit out button

(This is a joke please don't flame me.)
    On a serious note, my best attempts were with Colossus + Omega Red synergy, which got about 20%-40% down in one try. Unfortunately, I don't have the patience to complete it, so I'm just going to stop there.
    Medusa just doesn't work for me. I get about 5% down and then get clipped or SS does a god-like light intercept, but I've heard and seen good attempts with her.
  • Options
    Jedi_HawkeJedi_Hawke Posts: 955 ★★★
    If I go into it with a team of Venom, Medusa, Colossus, and human torch, who would be a good 5th?
  • Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    I didn't.
    Colossus and medusa seem like the best options. Torch with prefight is also good
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    I’ve been using Anhilius and ghost, who are the only great options other than torch that I have. Both are doing great.
  • Options

If I go into it with a team of Venom, Medusa, Colossus, and human torch, who would be a good 5th?

@Jedi_Hawke Probably Heimdall or NF for the safeguard or attack boost. Everyone but Colossus will regen from willpower from the armor breaks, so you can get enough HP to where you can parry heavy if you need to afte Heimdall saves you.
  • Options
    OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★
    Used Ghost with full synergies and clutched a solo. Wasn’t the cleanest fight working around the occasional armour break stacks, subsequently got cornered and whacked a few times - but it works well.

• Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Colossus, NF (dead), OR, Wolvie, and Mags.

Just wanted to build some Crit damage up. Worked pretty well, got him down to 40% before I messed up an dex, probably could have one shot him.
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,912 ★★★★★
    I used medusa almost oneshot him messed up when he was at 10% health left lol
  • Options
    pete8388pete8388 Posts: 142 ★★

Do the first cycle as normal but after you trigger your sp3 do MLM MLLLL parry LMLLH usually that’s enough for another sp3 no sp1 needed if you use suicides and very reliable

Thank you! Took a few tries, but managed to get the one shot thanks to this.
  • Options
    Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★

I solod with torch in showdown mode so he works
  • Options
    Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Visa & MasterCard
  • Options
    OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    I soloed with R4 duped Colossus and this synergy team:
    Omega Red, Juggs, Emma, Domino.

Initially, I kept trying to use heavies for the fury. But eventually I realized he goes unblockable fairly quickly and if you keep trying the heavy you can get cornered easily.
    So I just used normal combos and with all the power he gets you can punish his specials and almost never even parry.
    The damage on colossus is insane. Even with a R4 the last hit of the SP2 was critting for 36k.
    Just be careful of the long reach of the SP2, when he goes unblockable and to not leave him very close to an sp3 because “Rich Get Richer” will get him to a red bar and you’ll die.
  • Options
    unoobmeprounoobmepro Posts: 899 ★★★
    Nah not doing this, atleast allow 1 5*
  • Options
    BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    Colossus no synergies unfortunately and level 40 account so 600 hits.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    https://youtu.be/TlXf-Wi0_zk

my dude .. Rasputin!
  • Options
    BestReconBestRecon Posts: 516 ★★★
    edited August 2020

Hype got him down to 73% in the first try. He’s alright for it. Might upload a video later. I don’t want to use revives to finish it though, the rewards aren’t too great.
  • Options
    Mystic_ManeMystic_Mane Posts: 46
    edited August 2020

pete8388 said:

The two people that used Doom - how did you get around the damage from Coldsnap? When I use Doctor Doom he gets eaten by it.
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★

pete8388 said:

How did you get around the damage from Coldsnap? When I use doom he gets eaten by it.
    Mr fantastic synergy adds armor break on heavies
  • Options
    Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    edited August 2020
    maybe try sabretooth? he seems like he would be a good option for this since he doesnt have to worry about cold damage and he can use the long fight to ramp up, 300k health should be enough for him to go wild

edit: it turns out he has 1.4 million health and so a lot of time to ramp up
  • Options
    TrashPanda12TrashPanda12 Posts: 531 ★★★
    I was able to oneshot him with Medusa. Killed off nick fury to get an extra attack boost. I had karnak, blackbolt, nick and kamala khan on the team for synergies. The fight lasted just over 7 minutes.