**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What songs do you vibe to while playing MCOC?

1235»

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

Etjama said:

So I'm the only one that would rather listen to multiple cats being dragged down a chalkboard than Cardio B's voice? Okay...

No no... That’s not just you.
    It’s all of us. And don’t get me started on Nicki Minaj.

my ears will bleeeeedddd
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    So this is a music debate forum now? Excellent, I’ve always wanted to digitally scream at people about how rubbish Pop music is.

🙂

So this is a music debate forum now? Excellent, I’ve always wanted to digitally scream at people about how rubbish Pop music is.

🙂

trash modern rap with us now, do pop later

🙂

Happy to oblige. I can’t stand modern rap, or really any rap. The only time I enjoy it is when it’s mixed with rock/metal, like Linkin Park, even then only in small doses.

Good rap is at least somewhat vocally impressive, it’s skill most need to work at. However, modern rap has devolved into a cesspit of overused, simple, monotonous, musically unimpressive beats with inane lyrics digitally layered on top. The rapping isn’t even that impressive.

The lyrics...oh the lyrics. When I listen o music, it needs to have lyrics that mean something, emotionally, politically or socially. Music has been one of the main drivers of social change throughout history, from hippies to punks. And a lot of that has come down to the lyrics. What modern rap, and indeed Pop music say is the equivalent to word garbage. It spouts off about vain subjects that don’t challenge the listener, make them think, or even attempt to make a statement. They’re made to sell to the widest and lowest common denominator by label execs. It’s no surprise that lyrics have gotten measurably dumber over the last 30 or so years. Seriously, look it up. I did a whole report on it in High School.

I mean, I despise musicals, to my very core, but at least a lot of them actually say something, they have a point. For that I can at least somewhat respect them

If you like rap/pop/whatever, fine, your entitled to that. But it’s the equivalent to musical fast food. Tastes good, but has nothing remotely good in it.

If you could my tell, music is my first love. For perspective, and Spidey will get this, if you offered me the choice between a new album from a band I like and a 5* Quake, I’ll take the album every time.

Just so this thread doesn’t get shut down, Corvus is better than Quake. Certainly to listen to music while fighting to. Quake doesn’t really lend her playstyle to a Slipknot backed beat down

🙂

Happy to oblige. I can’t stand modern rap, or really any rap. The only time I enjoy it is when it’s mixed with rock/metal, like Linkin Park, even then only in small doses.

Good rap is at least somewhat vocally impressive, it’s skill most need to work at. However, modern rap has devolved into a cesspit of overused, simple, monotonous, musically unimpressive beats with inane lyrics digitally layered on top. The rapping isn’t even that impressive.

The lyrics...oh the lyrics. When I listen o music, it needs to have lyrics that mean something, emotionally, politically or socially. Music has been one of the main drivers of social change throughout history, from hippies to punks. And a lot of that has come down to the lyrics. What modern rap, and indeed Pop music say is the equivalent to word garbage. It spouts off about vain subjects that don’t challenge the listener, make them think, or even attempt to make a statement. They’re made to sell to the widest and lowest common denominator by label execs. It’s no surprise that lyrics have gotten measurably dumber over the last 30 or so years. Seriously, look it up. I did a whole report on it in High School.

I mean, I despise musicals, to my very core, but at least a lot of them actually say something, they have a point. For that I can at least somewhat respect them

If you like rap/pop/whatever, fine, your entitled to that. But it’s the equivalent to musical fast food. Tastes good, but has nothing remotely good in it.

If you could my tell, music is my first love. For perspective, and Spidey will get this, if you offered me the choice between a new album from a band I like and a 5* Quake, I’ll take the album every time.

Just so this thread doesn’t get shut down, Corvus is better than Quake. Certainly to listen to music while fighting to. Quake doesn’t really lend her playstyle to a Slipknot backed beat down

hence why you’ll never get a five star Quake... because she’ll ruin your music.

Also, musicals are the stuff mate. Well, some. Others... not so much.
  • QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★

🙂

I hate musicals. The music is designed to tell a clear story that everyone can follow, not to be "good" music. They work great in the theatre if you like that kind of stuff, but not outside as the actual music element sucks. Imo.
    edited August 2020

🙂

Well if I have to choose between her and music, I’m going music.

And trust me, I hate all musicals. My sister is really into them so I’ve heard every one under the sun and I hate them all. I’m so sorry

🙂

And trust me, I hate all musicals. My sister is really into them so I’ve heard every one under the sun and I hate them all. I’m so sorry
    That’s fine, considering I’ve tried your music.

it’s pretty bad

🙂

it’s pretty bad
    Oof. That hurt my heart. What did you listen to out of curiousity?

🙂

it’s pretty bad
    Solway Firth

🙂

it’s pretty bad
    Solway Firth
    I’m not surprised you didn’t like it then, that’s not a song for untrained ears. Your better starting with something like Foo Fighters or The Offspring, even Green Day. That’s how I was introduced. Dear Rosemary by Foo Fighters, that’s what I recommend to everyone

🙂

it’s pretty bad
    Solway Firth
    I’m not surprised you didn’t like it then, that’s not a song for untrained ears. Your better starting with something like Foo Fighters or The Offspring, even Green Day. That’s how I was introduced. Dear Rosemary by Foo Fighters, that’s what I recommend to everyone

Green Day is okay. Foo Fighters is annoying. The Offspring is bleh
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★

🙂

what's wrong with pop? At least some of it actually has meaning

🙂

it’s pretty bad
    Solway Firth

Green Day is okay. Foo Fighters is annoying. The Offspring is bleh
    Wow. You’re killing me here. Ah well, guess I shouldn’t have tried to introduce a musicals guy to good music. Didn’t work with my sister, didn’t work with you. Enjoy Hamilton I guess.

🙂

Haha sure. Meaning. Sure. A lot of the same reasons are modern rap, but even more commercialised

• Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

🙂

it’s pretty bad
    Solway Firth

I just listened to it and i like it. any other song recommendations
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★

🙂

Haha sure. Meaning. Sure. A lot of the same reasons are modern rap, but even more commercialised

key word: some.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

🙂

😥 Not all modern rap is trash...
    sicko mode is 🗑️. also I said that to one of my friends and one of them ended up blocking me. (as a joke...I think)

🙂

it’s pretty bad
    Solway Firth

I just listened to it and i like it. any other song recommendations
    Woo! I have plenty, but I’ll only give a couple.

Rise Against - Make It Stop
    Dream State - Twenty Letters (Wee bit heavier but not too much)
    The Offspring - The Future Is Now

These songs plus Dear Rosemary are my top songs of all time, so these are the ones I highly recommend

🙂

key word: some.
    ‘Some‘ seems like an exaggeration. I would say it’s the exception rather than the rule. It’s music, it’s difficult to generalise. But when I paint with broad strokes, I go by what I’ve heard.

I like maybe... 2 pop songs. I would listen to k it if I liked it, but I find it uninteresting and boring personally