**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Claire Vs Herald Difficulty Aarkus

So many people were saying that Claire is not good Aarkus counter. Watch this video and see how to counter that Aarkus in Herald Difficulty.
https://youtu.be/8HKTFKwUSBo

Comments

• Options
    JamesBond_007JamesBond_007 Posts: 130
    @AzKicker316 Which SS Sorcerer or Symbiote. I mean I used Symbiote and Sorcerer many times against this Aarkus as well. I don't have top Mystics like Claire or Doom

The fact is if you are talking about Symbiote, then from my experience I was once using him, but RNG was not in my favour not staggers at all. That's why I still believe Claire, Sorcerer and Doom are beat counters.
  • Options
    HI_guys said:

What?? She's the best after doom.

@HI_guys I don't know. But I have heard with Suicides it's claire, without Suicides it's doom. I don't have any of these so can't really judge. But from other summoners I have heard it depends on mastery setup
  • Options
    edited August 2020

Morningstar oneshot him gotta have 5 souls obviously, easy fight

@Nojokejaym I never said that she can't. Obviously she can, this video is only for those who believes that Claire cannot counter Aarkus or How to use Claire Against this Aarkus.
  • Options
    WhatElseWhatElse Posts: 186 ★★★

I use Claire a lot for arkus, but I also use SS as backup who actually does a better job. I have one shot him more using SS though

Same here, but the other way around. SS is my main counter and Claire stay as back-up. Both are great options...
    Ah, and I used Doom almost all along the right path (except for Annihilus, where I typically counter with SS as well).

Another hint, I bring Mr. Fantastic. This way, Doom has Armor Break on heavies and I also use his pre-fight ability on Aarkus. (it helps a little bit)
  • Options
    Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    Against Herald Aarkus I really only use Claire. She just buff locks him and that’s that. Easy fight. Who says she’s a bad counter?
  • Options
    AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,265 ★★★★★

@AzKicker316 Which SS Sorcerer or Symbiote. I mean I used Symbiote and Sorcerer many times against this Aarkus as well. I don't have top Mystics like Claire or Doom

The fact is if you are talking about Symbiote, then from my experience I was once using him, but RNG was not in my favour not staggers at all. That's why I still believe Claire, Sorcerer and Doom are beat counters.

SS for me is Symbiote (I use Sorceress for the other). I've consistently done better with SS, get to Sp3, slap on bleeds then watch him shrivel, repeat if necessary.
  • Options
    WhatElse said:

I use Claire a lot for arkus, but I also use SS as backup who actually does a better job. I have one shot him more using SS though

Same here, but the other way around. SS is my main counter and Claire stay as back-up.
    I save my best counter for last, don't care about one shots unless I messed up during the run and lose Claire.
  • Options
    Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    she is great but you also have to run with some luck because if he doesnt throw his sp1 and reaches sp2. well that goes with any champ.
  • Options

she is great but you also have to run with some luck because if he doesnt throw his sp1 and reaches sp2. well that goes with any champ.

You can evade his sp2, and if not, block damage isn't that great. But he definitely needs to throw either of those regularly
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

You can evade his sp2, and if not, block damage isn't that great. But he definitely needs to throw either of those regularly
    With SS you have a lot more wiggle room. staggers help keep the power gain off, and you typically gain enough power for an SP3 before you run out of recurring staggers without cycling. his bleeds also bleed him quickly. BWCV has a lot harder time managing the power, atleast for me.
  • Options

@Nameless_IW No luck needed. If he don't have power gain and buffs then why will he gain power. Claire buff control is on another level.

And why would someone push him to sp2. He can only gain power Passive when he have power gain buff otherwise he won't gain power. I still don't know what you are trying to say because whatever Mystic you use Against him rather doom, Sor Sup, Sym Sup, Morningstar or any other if you push him to sp2. You are obviously almost dead.
  • Options
    Lormif said:

With SS you have a lot more wiggle room. staggers help keep the power gain off, and you typically gain enough power for an SP3 before you run out of recurring staggers without cycling. his bleeds also bleed him quickly. BWCV has a lot harder time managing the power, atleast for me.
    @Lormif But how, Claire has the best buff control, no RNG dependent. I used SS and ad far as I think his staggers have chances to place
    While Claire have 100% chance to Nullify. Unless you are using Claire wrong. Tell me how you are using Claire. Because for Aarkus after Claire and Doom are top 2 best options. No RNG or MD involved.
  • Options
    Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    Wouldn’t it be better to use sp2 in poison curse so you steal his power aarkus gains a ton of buffs he is immune to and you get a ton of charges?
  • Options

Lormif said:

@Lormif But how, Claire has the best buff control, no RNG dependent. I used SS and ad far as I think his staggers have chances to place
    While Claire have 100% chance to Nullify. Unless you are using Claire wrong. Tell me how you are using Claire. Because for Aarkus after Claire and Doom are top 2 best options. No RNG or MD involved.

I disagree, I feel SS has best buff control. With CV you start with some charges, but then you have to cause debuffs on immunities to get more. If you cannot, for instance because you could not bait him, you get stuck, especially considering the power lock status. You are stuck with just as much if not more due to rng.

With SS:
    In Chthon's cunning you have a 50% change to place a stagger on a critical, 5% on non critical. I have had 9 on him at a time.
    In Null shadow you have a 50% change to place a stagger just by blocking.
    His sig places a stagger every x seconds as well.

This is enough to get you to an SP3 and recycle.

• Options
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

I disagree, I feel SS has best buff control. With CV you start with some charges, but then you have to cause debuffs on immunities to get more. If you cannot, for instance because you could not bait him, you get stuck, especially considering the power lock status. You are stuck with just as much if not more due to rng.

With SS:
    In Chthon's cunning you have a 50% change to place a stagger on a critical, 5% on non critical. I have had 9 on him at a time.

Still SS have chances to place Staggers. Claire nullifies are guaranteed, if you can't play. Claire buff control is guaranteed while SS is always RNG. I have SS and don't have Claire but I can easily tell that Claire have better buff control than SS. Even Lagacy and Lord Shadow said "She have the best buff control in the mystic class". There is a reason everyone consider Claire and Doom. Because Claire and Doom are always about guaranteed chances. I used SS Against this Aarkus didn't placed a Staggered and destroyed by his SP2.

While Claire and Doom provide smooth and sustainable fight. Either way this video was for those who were asking how to use Claire against Aarkus.
  • Options
    Aleor said:

Symbiot is the best option for him imo, but you need md. He nullifies in start of the fight, then you need to be a little more aggressive to place one stagger - it's pretty easy actually. When it expires, I already have my sp3 ready and after it the fight is over with 1-2 sp2s. Also after launching sp3 you can tank aarkus sp3.
    @Aleor And if staggers don't place. I tried it trust me I have only mystics Sor Supreme and Sym Supreme. Didn't go well unless RNG works in your favour. It has nothing to do with aggressive gameplay. If you were able to place staggers efficiently that doesn't mean everyone can.
  • Options

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

With SS:

Still SS have chances to place Staggers. Claire nullifies are guaranteed, if you can't play. Claire buff control is guaranteed while SS is always RNG. I have SS and don't have Claire but I can easily tell that Claire have better buff control than SS. Even Lagacy and Lord Shadow said "She have the best buff control in the mystic class". There is a reason everyone consider Claire and Doom. Because Claire and Doom are always about guaranteed chances. I used SS Against this Aarkus didn't placed a Staggered and destroyed by his SP2.

While Claire and Doom provide smooth and sustainable fight. Either way this video was for those who were asking how to use Claire against Aarkus.
    Maybe you not having her is causing you to not understand thing. She has THREE guaranteed nullifies. After you use those 3 you are out, in addition you cannot target just the power gains, or the rich get richer will kill you from the other buffs. You have to hit the opponent with an ability they are immune to in order to gain more charges. Since he is not immune to poison, bleed or incinerate your only option to gain more of the guaranteed nullifies is to launch an SP2, which is difficult when you are power locked from the first 3 nullifies, and he he gaining power from the rich get richer node, because you know you run out of those charges.

Technically SS has an UNLIMITED guaranteed. He starts the fight with a stagger, that removes the first power gain, then you another one every x seconds if you have him awakened, Lastly his SP3 is a guaranteed nullify. those are all guaranteed. Sure the rest are RNG, but there is enough chances to get them either manage him, or to get to the next SP3. You cannot guarantee that with BWCV.

I have both of them ranked up, and take them both in that battle. I tried with her first, and it is difficult to control because of the RGR node. If the fight did not have a RGR node it would be easier, but still not as easy.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

With SS:

Maybe you not having her is causing you to not understand thing. She has THREE guaranteed nullifies. After you use those 3 you are out, in addition you cannot target just the power gains, or the rich get richer will kill you from the other buffs. You have to hit the opponent with an ability they are immune to in order to gain more charges. Since he is not immune to poison, bleed or incinerate your only option to gain more of the guaranteed nullifies is to launch an SP2, which is difficult when you are power locked from the first 3 nullifies, and he he gaining power from the rich get richer node, because you know you run out of those charges.

Technically SS has an UNLIMITED guaranteed. He starts the fight with a stagger, that removes the first power gain, then you another one every x seconds if you have him awakened, Lastly his SP3 is a guaranteed nullify. those are all guaranteed. Sure the rest are RNG, but there is enough chances to get them either manage him, or to get to the next SP3. You cannot guarantee that with BWCV.

I have both of them ranked up, and take them both in that battle. I tried with her first, and it is difficult to control because of the RGR node. If the fight did not have a RGR node it would be easier, but still not as easy.
    @Lormif Yeah and her buff immunity debuff eaisky manages the Nullify m I used My 4* Claire as back up and always worked fine. While my 5* SS always died and there is no guaranteed about Symbiote supreme.

And I have learn Claire Abilities. So don't insult me like I am an noob. I know Claire Abilities. In that case should I start to say Quake and Ghost are not good Champions because if you slip up even once you will die, no I can't say that and from here comes a word practice and skills. If you can't manage a Champion you are using then why are you even using that Champion.

Even Lagacy and Seatin said it many time if RNG works in favor then SS demolish fights other wise RIP.

And because of rich gets richer Claire is even more much better and good counter for him.
  • Options
    Mayis said:

The problem with Claire is tenacity. If u time special 2 wrong, tenacity just shrugs off buff immunity and u r pretty much wrecked. She's top 3 option ofc, but in my opinion Doom is a bit better in this matchup.

@Mayis Claire mediums can place debuffs throw sp2 after using medium attack so he do tenacity on you bleed or poison or incinerate debuff. You do know how Claire works right.