**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Solo Level Up Event (and 22-hr solo events in general)

2»

Comments

• Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    TJ82 said:

ItsDamien said:

TJ82 said:

ItsDamien said:

TJ82 said:

ItsDamien said:

TJ82 said:

ItsDamien said:

TJ82 said:

JollyHawk said:

TJ82 said:

JollyHawk said:

I got more revives this from this month's EQ than I have in the past months by far.

I don't understand people who feel the game is screwing them over on purpose, why not quit? Why put up with it?

Quit forum if you don't like seeing people complaining. Instead of asking people to quit game
    I never said I don't like people complaining? I'm just asking about people who believe in the conspiracy theories that Kabam is messing with the RNG.

I mean, I get it. It hurts to think there's no underlying reason why things seem to be going against you. It helps to believe that there must be nefarious reasons that you're not getting what you want. It just doesn't make it true.

Basically, Kabam has denied that there are any "algorithms" that mess with the RNG. You can choose to believe them or not. But if not, then why continue to play the game?
    Playing or not playing is individual choice. The game is awesome, but that doesn't meant all the steps taken by developers is always right, and can't be questioned.
    And if someone is putting his time and money on a product, he has right to question, criticise and seek clarity as consumer. One of the reason we have this forum.
    Instead you spout theories of RNG manipulating and baseless accusations that hold no weight. Criticising is fine when it's justified, and there is no justification with anything you've stated so far. Considering that the devs have backtracked on some bigger decisions in game recently, and have plans to make other changes too, shows that they're working in the interests of the game and the players. So again, why would they manipulate the events to hurt the players when they're spending time, money, and man power to rectify an entire Story Act because of criticism?
    Read my earlier messages, justification is well thr. In short, only one LevelUp in two weeks, why this doesn't happen with any other solo event. And as far as why they would hurt players, just remember 12.0.
    12.0 needed to happen. Just as much as any change in game that affects the health of the game needs to happen. And when drastic changes do happen, people are usually compensated. Your blindness to believe that there's any malicious intent is clearly clouding your ability to judge rationally.
    LoL 😂
    ItsDamien said:

TJ82 said:

ItsDamien said:

TJ82 said:

JollyHawk said:

TJ82 said:

JollyHawk said:

I got more revives this from this month's EQ than I have in the past months by far.

I don't understand people who feel the game is screwing them over on purpose, why not quit? Why put up with it?

Quit forum if you don't like seeing people complaining. Instead of asking people to quit game
    I never said I don't like people complaining? I'm just asking about people who believe in the conspiracy theories that Kabam is messing with the RNG.

I mean, I get it. It hurts to think there's no underlying reason why things seem to be going against you. It helps to believe that there must be nefarious reasons that you're not getting what you want. It just doesn't make it true.

Basically, Kabam has denied that there are any "algorithms" that mess with the RNG. You can choose to believe them or not. But if not, then why continue to play the game?
    Playing or not playing is individual choice. The game is awesome, but that doesn't meant all the steps taken by developers is always right, and can't be questioned.
    And if someone is putting his time and money on a product, he has right to question, criticise and seek clarity as consumer. One of the reason we have this forum.
    Instead you spout theories of RNG manipulating and baseless accusations that hold no weight. Criticising is fine when it's justified, and there is no justification with anything you've stated so far. Considering that the devs have backtracked on some bigger decisions in game recently, and have plans to make other changes too, shows that they're working in the interests of the game and the players. So again, why would they manipulate the events to hurt the players when they're spending time, money, and man power to rectify an entire Story Act because of criticism?
    Read my earlier messages, justification is well thr. In short, only one LevelUp in two weeks, why this doesn't happen with any other solo event. And as far as why they would hurt players, just remember 12.0.
    12.0 needed to happen. Just as much as any change in game that affects the health of the game needs to happen. And when drastic changes do happen, people are usually compensated. Your blindness to believe that there's any malicious intent is clearly clouding your ability to judge rationally.
    No point arguing. Just ask Kabam why only this event needed RNG based structure, why Alliance Events have a set schedule.
    The fact that you can't see why 12.0 needed to happen shows that you understand nothing about how a game runs in the long term. But that's fine, I wouldn't expect you to understand.

As for this "RNG", you do realise that the same system is used to determine which mini boss is active in each AQ series right? This system isn't just used for the 22 hour events at all.
    When I said alliance event, I meant 3 dayCompletion, ItemUse or weekly SA etc., which are way similar to Solo events. But it's fine, I too wouldn't expect you to understand.
    Sure, but you're acting like the system isn't in place in other areas of the game. Just because you shut your eyes and plug your ears, doesn't mean that this isn't a normal aspect of the game. But it's fine, you're blissfully ignorant about how things work, must be nice.
    Where I said system isn't in place in other areas of the games? I hailed thr move to make AW War Rating based. Don't put unnecessary words in my mouth.

I am talking here only about one LevelUp event, the other tweaks I shared as response to your query
    What does the AW change have anything to do with the system of how events and the mini boss of AQ, are selected? Absolutely nothing.

The events are selected from the pool at random. With 4 events, there is only a 33% chance that the Level up event will be selected as the next. A 66% chance that it won't be selected as the next event. That happens each and every time that a 22 hour event is occuring. There is no manipulation as you stated. You are wrong. Plainly and simply.
  • Options
    HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,368 ★★★★★
    Taken a few seconds ago:

Just LOL
  • Options
    DonrefreDonrefre Posts: 124 ★★
    This is actually getting ridiculous now
  • Options
    BahubaliBahubali Posts: 438 ★★★
    Players who called this RNG and Random.. Can you respond now.. Do you still call this RNG/Random..
  • Options
    ShangattayShangattay Posts: 50
    1 level up event in 13 days... I have played since March 2015 and never experienced this level of ”randomness” before.

I wish it would have happened ANY other time, since I’ve been holding on taking a 6* to rank 3 for the first time ever.

And when you’ve already waited 6 days, you can’t just go ”Meh, I’ll do it anyway” because that would mean that you waited 6 days for no reason... 😅
  • Options
    Katzastrophe_Od1nKatzastrophe_Od1n Posts: 223 ★★
    well, u save up some gold if theres no level up but i agree i got expiring catalysts and wanna rank up economically
  • Options
    CdvaCdva Posts: 52
    edited August 2020
    I also agree this has become ridiculous that it’s one in every seven days or more. One of the earlier comments I read defended the programmers as working on the game, I can’t speak for everyone but the bulk of the threads I see are people complaining about the game and bugs that need to be fixed not a continual introduction of two champions each month. In my opinion I would much rather see them work on fixing the bugs refining and adding content rather than introduce the characters no one cares about. How many of us out there were asking for dragon man , mole man, squirrel girl ?
  • Options
    G_R0yG_R0y Posts: 1
    See none of those things generate as much revenue as characters do
  • Options
    GuktugGuktug Posts: 67
    To those who are saying these solo events appear randomly: they don’t. I used to keep track of these things — level up appears once every 3 days. I stopped tracking them when I saw the steady pattern. Something changed in the last update. We’ve only had one level up solo event since.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,026 ★★★★★
    Guktug said:

To those who are saying these solo events appear randomly: they don’t. I used to keep track of these things — level up appears once every 3 days. I stopped tracking them when I saw the steady pattern. Something changed in the last update. We’ve only had one level up solo event since.

100% false. Let's see that data.
  • Options
    saorpssaorps Posts: 81
    Level up is being delayed again. I dont recall level-up delay for over one week in the last....4 years!

If it became random, then it should change back to be once a week. Many players wait for this event.

It is a simple cycle, open cristal after summoner advancement, then you get ISO for the level up a few days later.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    Of course, when level up doesn't appear in 4/5 days, people spam these threads.

But when any other event doesn't appear for 2 or more weeks, they pretend they haven't seen that.

It happens. It's random. It's compeltely normal
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,026 ★★★★★
    Guktug said:

Guktug said:

Since you asked nicely by playing the "100% false" card, here's your data.
    Out of your "data" which is a very, very small sample, 3 times in the month of April it showed up every 3 days then it took 4 days then your data ends. Where's the months before and the months after? This isn't enough to confirm what you stated especially since once in April and August don't follow your so called pattern. Even the other events are off a couple of times. So again, 100% false.
  • Options
    Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    I'm sure Level UP event will show up at midnight, where most people are asleep :)
  • Options
    Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Cdva said:

I also agree this has become ridiculous that it’s one in every seven days or more. One of the earlier comments I read defended the programmers as working on the game, I can’t speak for everyone but the bulk of the threads I see are people complaining about the game and bugs that need to be fixed not a continual introduction of two champions each month. In my opinion I would much rather see them work on fixing the bugs refining and adding content rather than introduce the characters no one cares about. How many of us out there were asking for dragon man , mole man, squirrel girl ?

As opposed to characters that people do care about? Like who? caPTaiN amEriCA enDgame?
  • Options
    Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Guktug said:

Guktug said:

Since you asked nicely by playing the "100% false" card, here's your data.
    The problem is that the other events go long periods before appearing as well, such as the Hero Use event, shown in your April data. So we can come to the conclusion that it's not uncommon for events to not show up for a few days (occasionally) to make way for other events.

It's a slim chance if it were to be random, assuming that the event has a 50/50 chance to appear after 2 events have passed since it last appeared (since I haven't seen the same events back-to-back nor after one event has passed). The chance of not appearing after 6 events would be about 6%, compared to it appearing after 2 events (50%).
  • Options
    Person's chart from above even confirms that other events were not always following his 3-day Rule (and those Levelup's just happened to be extremely lucky in his short sample, as even if it were a strict rotation it would have been 4-day cycle for them). Can’t say that Levelup is always on 3-days, when the other events clearly show they do not follow that.

In another of OP's extra posts, I showed results of just over a 5 month tracking I did within the past year. Several events (not just the same one) had upwards of instances of 8-day gaps between repeating. While the overall number of occurrences between all 4 events was relatively similar (not exact, but within random reason) over that 5+ month span.

43x Arena Wins
    40x Levelup
    37x Quest Completion
    36x Hero Use
  • Options
    HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,368 ★★★★★
    It finally came around! Thanks RNG! 😆