**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Anyone else believe the AI knows which champ it's facing and adjusts accordingly?

hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
edited August 2020 in General Discussion
Not necessarily a complaint, just an observation that I can't realistically deny anymore. Keep in mind I'm just referring to high end content AI. Not all AI.

Attack with Ghost: passive.. backs off, but maybe tries to attack the instant the phase will expire
Attack with Quake: insanely agressive
Attack with Omega: seems to instinctively back away when death field is up
Attack with Corvus (without an evade charge): Evade champs suddenly won't evade (Even Ultron after 7 seconds)

I wasn't ever completely sure. I knew that there was always the possibility that it's just the perspective we are observing it from (we want them to behave a certain way and only take note when they do not). After the AQ fight I just did, it's really hard for me to deny it now. Map 7/sec 2, there's an NC with the defensive node. I decided to try Ghost. Yep, totally passive. Literally spamming dash back after dash back over and over. I lost (entered with low health). Ok, I decided.. let's try Quake then. She loves passive AI. He immediately dashed in and began swinging non stop the entire fight:) This is with the Defensive node mind you. Just thought it was funny. I think high end AI are way more aware of their situation than we give them credit for sometimes. Oh, side note: pretty sure I had a SG dex my Ghost sp2 in sec 1. Not evade, but dex it (critical hits cannot be evaded).. not sure how else to describe it. Thoughts?

Comments

• Esket1t_420Esket1t_420 Posts: 548 ★★★
    i’ve definitely noticed it with certain ghost matchups. i’ve found that very hard hittimg champs seem to play very aggressive while weaker champs play extremely passive
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

Don't forget how it is when you try to phase an L3 with ghost. The AI will wait till the phase expires to throw it. With any other champ it's automatic.

Really? I don’t use ghost at all anymore but when i ran her in war for every fight this never happened once. It also didn’t happen in my 6.4 legends run. Are you talking about arena when building the streak?
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020

Mostly, I just thought it was insane, the difference in behavior from NC with a Defensive node active. It was literally night and day. With Ghost he was just dashing back over an over.. in place even..like 4, 5 6 dash backs in a row. And I'm not even coming at him. Then I go in with Quake, same Defensive node active and he becomes a mad man.. dashing in without hesitation, and swinging as fast as he can. It's as if not only did the Defensive node go away, but the Aggressive node was added in it's place. It was laughable and completely inexplicable other than he intentionally changed his playstyle based on the situation and completely disregarded the defensive node like it didn't exist. Not sure what those who disagree, disagree about. Let me know, thanks. That's the whole reason I posted was to get different perspectives from folks. Don't just drop a disagree and leave:) Let us know your opinion.

With quake you are throwing a heavy the entire fight. Try to go in with a different champ and just heavy over and over, you’ll get attacked constantly
    Understood, but in this particular match, he never dashed back or even really blocked (with the Defensive node active) , not once. In the beginning of the fight, he was way more aggressive (before he would be able to see a pattern of holding heavy). In contrast, when I entered Ghost, his opening move was dash back...4 times in a row:) Also, if charging a heavy invites an attack (which weird cause they could be blasted in the face by a heavy), wouldn't standing idle (Ghost) invite an attack even more by this line of thinking?

Mostly, I just thought it was insane, the difference in behavior from NC with a Defensive node active. It was literally night and day. With Ghost he was just dashing back over an over.. in place even..like 4, 5 6 dash backs in a row. And I'm not even coming at him. Then I go in with Quake, same Defensive node active and he becomes a mad man.. dashing in without hesitation, and swinging as fast as he can. It's as if not only did the Defensive node go away, but the Aggressive node was added in it's place. It was laughable and completely inexplicable other than he intentionally changed his playstyle based on the situation and completely disregarded the defensive node like it didn't exist. Not sure what those who disagree, disagree about. Let me know, thanks. That's the whole reason I posted was to get different perspectives from folks. Don't just drop a disagree and leave:) Let us know your opinion.

With quake you are throwing a heavy the entire fight. Try to go in with a different champ and just heavy over and over, you’ll get attacked constantly
    Understood, but in this particular match, he never dashed back or even really blocked (with the Defensive node active) , not once. In the beginning of the fight, he was way more aggressive (before he would be able to see a pattern of holding heavy). In contrast, when I entered Ghost, his opening move was dash back...4 times in a row:)
    When you were using quake though, were you fighting quake style or just regular? If you use ghost and just heavy charge, does the AI also stand back?
    edited August 2020

Understood, but in this particular match, he never dashed back or even really blocked (with the Defensive node active) , not once. In the beginning of the fight, he was way more aggressive (before he would be able to see a pattern of holding heavy). In contrast, when I entered Ghost, his opening move was dash back...4 times in a row:)
    When you were using quake though, were you fighting quake style or just regular? If you use ghost and just heavy charge, does the AI also stand back?
    Edited above comment. No, but.. why would a heavy charge invite an attack where standing open doesn't? I guess would be the question there. But now we're getting into another question. Do high end AI recognize phasing?
    And, in this discussion, we're specifically looking at behavior while under the influence of the Defensive node. If standing idle creates a passive/retreat response, why does charging a heavy invite agressive attacks?

Edited above comment. No, but.. why would a heavy charge invite an attack where standing open doesn't? I guess would be the question there. But now we're getting into another question. Do high end AI recognize phasing?
    This isn’t something i see so i’m more curious then anything
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    There are several instances when the defensive champion effects AI, however the champion you use has no effect.

What you are almost certainly seeing is you playing differently because your using a different champion. You don't play all these champions the same way, so you should expect to see differences in how they play you.

Ghost was mentioned as an example, how many fights do you complete by doing 4 hit combos, backing off and not blocking consistently? Its not the champion the AI is reacting to, its you playing differently.