**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is Mcoc run on Unreal engine?

Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
This is slightly random, but I think it's a legitimate concern, so here goes:

So, as some of you may be aware, Apple and Epic Games are in a legal battle about App Store policy. Apple has announced they are removing epic's access to iOS development tools to coerce them to back out. From what I can understand, because epic develops Unreal Engine, iOS developers will not be able to use UE for iOS (It's more complicated than that, but that is what I think it boils down to). So I am nervous that this game may be affected by whatever fallout comes from this whole mess.(I am pretty sure it is on UE because I saw a job listing for somebody to work with UE on the Kabam website)

From anyone more versed in legalese/this case or have more info about Mcoc, should we be worried?

Comments

• Options
    Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    Sorry, I do not know. But I will bump this thread because I want to know.
  • Options
    DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    Mcoc runs on Unity Engine.
  • Options
    SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    Djin said:

I wanted to say this too but I often get them confused. Glad you jumped in and answered.
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
    Djin said:

Okay hopefully you are correct. I saw a listing for "Generalist Game Engineer (Unreal Engine 4) - Senior Level" https://jobs.lever.co/kabam/a1668681-bec6-4d5d-98df-f1fe19dd1397
    so that's why I was concerned. It's probably for a different game.

Also side note, holy cow Kabam your website has some polish! My favorite thing is the "K" logo jiggle physics lol
  • Options
    Ha, I was just reading about this and immediately started to wonder about it myself. Google search brought up this thread, lol. So as long as CoC runs on Unity Engine, iOS users shouldn't be caught in the crossfire between Epic and Apple. As an Android user, this doesn't directly impact me. However, I'd say around 40% of my Alliance are iOS users.

Felt it best to get ahead of it and look into the matter. Been following the story for the last few days and as I read the most recent article (and the MASSIVE comment thread that followed) I started to get a tad concerned for my iOS Alliance mates. Yeeesshh... it's starting to getting ugly between those 2 companies on that note. The inevitable fallout for other developers has the potential to be rough by the sound of it.