**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Increase dungeon shard limit from 55k

Comments

• Options
    AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,265 ★★★★★
    I have already opened 2 of these incursion crystals with undesired results. The remaining crystals don't have anything I want, so I've saved and now am close to 55k. Raising the limit or offering multiple chances at the same crystal would benefit.
  • Options
    Mahlas13Mahlas13 Posts: 8
    Someone can explain me about why sector 8 need to be in atleast 8 6 star champion. I have an account almost 1 year. I have 10 5* rank 5. I even first run abbys of legends. But unfortunately I only have 7 6* champion. So I am not enough stronger for participating in sector 8?
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

ItsDamien said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

ItsDamien said:

Tiger360 said:

There should be no limit at all, not sure where all these useless suggestions are coming from, thank god these people don't work at kabam otherwise we would be screwed with a 1 mil gold cap and if we complain them "Just don't run arena lol"

Yes, like your professional suggestions using your many years of game development right?

😐
    But what's the point in having limits in things like that? That's like capping loyalty off at 800k just because that's the price of UC. It's pointless. That's why imo, Glory, Artifacts, Loyalty, Gold and any other resource should not be capped. Let savers save and spenders spend.
    To force people into not hoarding. Imagine they introduce 6* Crystals, and the second you could purchase one, you'd just immediately have the resources to do so, and still have plenty left over for the next time it's available. There's an economy on certain things to prevent mass power gain in short amounts of time, thus making new content irrelevant the second it comes out.

It isn't about the short term "what benefits the game now", it's about the long term. Besides this sort of resource capping isn't uncommon in games with an RPG element to them.
    Hoarding isn't necessarily bad and I don't think we should force Anti-Hoarding down people's throats.
    Hoarding isn't necessarily good either and I don't think that players should only think about what's good for them but rather they should think about what's actually good for the game.
    I’m very confused about this comment. You don’t play the game for the game. You play the game for YOUR entertainment. Idk where you’re getting at here.
    Yeah, I play the game for my entertainment, but I also understand why some decisions are made for the health of the game. If the game isn't healthy, the game isn't fun.

When I make decisions in game, I do it for myself. When decisions are made by Kabam I can understand (most of the time) why they make that decision for the games health. It might be a weird concept, but not thinking about just what's good for individuals, but good for the whole, leads to a broader perspective.
  • Options
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

ItsDamien said:

Hoarding isn't necessarily good either and I don't think that players should only think about what's good for them but rather they should think about what's actually good for the game.

All it is, is a 5-Star crystal. Some people either don't want to buy a 5-Star crystal or don't like basics. If they want to save for something else in the future, then I think they should be allowed to do that.
    So in reality, the better change would be replacing the 5 star crystal, with 10k 5* shards. Again, I'm not opposed to a cap raise, I just don't think having an unlimited amount is good either.
  • Options
    Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

ItsDamien said:

All it is, is a 5-Star crystal. Some people either don't want to buy a 5-Star crystal or don't like basics. If they want to save for something else in the future, then I think they should be allowed to do that.
    So in reality, the better change would be replacing the 5 star crystal, with 10k 5* shards. Again, I'm not opposed to a cap raise, I just don't think having an unlimited amount is good either.
    Again, hoarding makes no difference, some people just prefer to open crystals in bulk. You will get as much as if you opened them as soon as you got them, its not hard to understand
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Tiger360 said:

ItsDamien said:

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

ItsDamien said:

Tiger360 said:

ItsDamien said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

ItsDamien said:

Tiger360 said:

There should be no limit at all, not sure where all these useless suggestions are coming from, thank god these people don't work at kabam otherwise we would be screwed with a 1 mil gold cap and if we complain them "Just don't run arena lol"

Yes, like your professional suggestions using your many years of game development right?

😐
    But what's the point in having limits in things like that? That's like capping loyalty off at 800k just because that's the price of UC. It's pointless. That's why imo, Glory, Artifacts, Loyalty, Gold and any other resource should not be capped. Let savers save and spenders spend.
    To force people into not hoarding. Imagine they introduce 6* Crystals, and the second you could purchase one, you'd just immediately have the resources to do so, and still have plenty left over for the next time it's available. There's an economy on certain things to prevent mass power gain in short amounts of time, thus making new content irrelevant the second it comes out.

It isn't about the short term "what benefits the game now", it's about the long term. Besides this sort of resource capping isn't uncommon in games with an RPG element to them.
    this doesn't make sense, which part of your backside is this coming from? Doesn't make a difference if you hoard, and you'd be gaining the same amount of "power gain" as a person who doesn't hoard. Some people just prefer to open in bulk, get that into your narrow mind
    Get it into your narrow mind that hoarding isn't always good. If you're going to be stubborn about your irrelevant opinion, I will be stubborn about mine too. Either way, it's not likely the cap will go away, and at best they're just going to raise the cap a little.
    My opinion isn't irrelevant since more people agree thus it holds the majority. WOW is different, its not like you are buying for a chance to get a character lol, your just wrong hence why you have more dislikes that agrees. Stay mad
    I'm just popping in here. disagrees and agrees mean very little on the forums. if gw gives good advice on a rank up thread, he'll have disagrees rained on him. also, just because 14 year olds on the forums press the disagree button doesn't mean it should be added, nor does it mean he's wrong
    If we go by his logic, purchases and rankups and hero shards should be restricted too. The fact that their not shows kabam disagree with him. Also by your logic groundedwisdom makes good points
    Rank up materials are restricted, until they go into overflow. Energy refills, restricted until overflow. Energy is capped at 70, until it's used. Level is capped at 60.

I could go on about things that are capped that don't have to be, but they are.

And yes while I don't agree with GW on a lot of things, it doesn't mean that he has no valid points from time to time either. It really just shows how closed minded you are.
    You're just salty I called you narrow minded which you are and not you are trying to say I am. If you agree with GW things, then you've just handed yourself me the W, thanks
    how old are you? that's the most ridiculous bs I've heard
  • Options
    Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

ItsDamien said:

Tiger360 said:

ItsDamien said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

ItsDamien said:

Tiger360 said:

😐

this doesn't make sense, which part of your backside is this coming from? Doesn't make a difference if you hoard, and you'd be gaining the same amount of "power gain" as a person who doesn't hoard. Some people just prefer to open in bulk, get that into your narrow mind
    Get it into your narrow mind that hoarding isn't always good. If you're going to be stubborn about your irrelevant opinion, I will be stubborn about mine too. Either way, it's not likely the cap will go away, and at best they're just going to raise the cap a little.
    My opinion isn't irrelevant since more people agree thus it holds the majority. WOW is different, its not like you are buying for a chance to get a character lol, your just wrong hence why you have more dislikes that agrees. Stay mad
    I'm just popping in here. disagrees and agrees mean very little on the forums. if gw gives good advice on a rank up thread, he'll have disagrees rained on him. also, just because 14 year olds on the forums press the disagree button doesn't mean it should be added, nor does it mean he's wrong
    If we go by his logic, purchases and rankups and hero shards should be restricted too. The fact that their not shows kabam disagree with him. Also by your logic groundedwisdom makes good points
    that's exactly my point, if you could understand what I wrote. gw could discover a cure for cancer, post it here, and people would spam the disagree button
  • Options

Tiger360 said:

ItsDamien said:

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

ItsDamien said:

Tiger360 said:

ItsDamien said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

ItsDamien said:

Tiger360 said:

😐

Rank up materials are restricted, until they go into overflow. Energy refills, restricted until overflow. Energy is capped at 70, until it's used. Level is capped at 60.

I could go on about things that are capped that don't have to be, but they are.

And yes while I don't agree with GW on a lot of things, it doesn't mean that he has no valid points from time to time either. It really just shows how closed minded you are.
    You're just salty I called you narrow minded which you are and not you are trying to say I am. If you agree with GW things, then you've just handed yourself me the W, thanks
    how old are you? that's the most ridiculous bs I've heard
    Dude, how does this in any way correlate to my age, GW is notorious for having terrible opinions such as the pre nerf SS was an okay fight, but sure, im almost 17 and a lot more mature than you. Maybe Damien must have sneaked you a love potion or something
  • Options
    Tiger360 said:

ItsDamien said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

ItsDamien said:

Again, hoarding makes no difference, some people just prefer to open crystals in bulk. You will get as much as if you opened them as soon as you got them, its not hard to understand
    oop you got more disagrees than agrees, so you're probably wrong
  • Options

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

ItsDamien said:

Tiger360 said:

ItsDamien said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

ItsDamien said:

Tiger360 said:

😐

that's exactly my point, if you could understand what I wrote. gw could discover a cure for cancer, post it here, and people would spam the disagree button
    now that is a really ridiculous and immature comment. How old are you? If world class scientists can't find a cure, what makes you think a forum nutter with terrible takes such as you or him can find a cure for cancer? With a name like that you are probably really young and grind fortnite on a regular
  • Options

Tiger360 said:

ItsDamien said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

ItsDamien said:

oop you got more disagrees than agrees, so you're probably wrong
    Maybe because you and your boyfriend are spamming dislikes on whatever I press? Guess you fall under your own category of 14 year olds with nothing better to do
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    days like these are why I hate the forums. Increase the cap, but don’t make it unlimited. Everyone’s happy.
  • Options
    Tiger360 said:

ItsDamien said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

ItsDamien said:

This argument is so flawed when it comes to artifact cap it hurts.

If people wanted to hoard crystals from the incursions store, they can absolutely do that right now without needing an increase in cap. This is so redundant to your argument that I quoted.

I now understand why people want schools to reopen so badly...
  • Options
    UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    The only logical reason I could see for capping the limit is because the store is constantly being updated and not static. This is to prevent people who hoard the resources and not use them a leg up on others when the store comes out with “improved” updates in rewards. Then those that used the resources before the improvements were implemented would come to the forums to complain that they would have used their resources differently “if only they knew.”

If the store was static and remained the same all the time there would be no issue with a cap to resources. However if they wanted to update the rewards they would have to come up with a whole new store with different currency just to appease everyone.

It’s probably why if they update solo reward crystals they will release a brand new crystal rather then update the rewards of the current one. People who would have been hoarding these for years would have an unfair advantage in the amount of rewards obtained.
  • Options
    ItsDamien said:

Tiger360 said:

ItsDamien said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

ItsDamien said:

If people wanted to hoard crystals from the incursions store, they can absolutely do that right now without needing an increase in cap. This is so redundant to your argument that I quoted.

So what is the bloody point? You're contradicting yourself like mad, there's no point for a cap if you can do that
  • Options

The only logical reason I could see for capping the limit is because the store is constantly being updated and not static. This is to prevent people who hoard the resources and not use them a leg up on others when the store comes out with “improved” updates in rewards. Then those that used the resources before the improvements were implemented would come to the forums to complain that they would have used their resources differently “if only they knew.”

If the store was static and remained the same all the time there would be no issue with a cap to resources. However if they wanted to update the rewards they would have to come up with a whole new store with different currency just to appease everyone.

It’s probably why if they update solo reward crystals they will release a brand new crystal rather then update the rewards of the current one. People who would have been hoarding these for years would have an unfair advantage in the amount of rewards obtained.

So basically punish patient people
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Tiger360 said:

So basically punish patient people
    Its not punishment, if the goal is to allow a trickle resources instead of allowing a flood of resources. If you allow people to hoard unconditionally it is hard to control how the resources are accessed when introduced.
  • Options
    Aayush19 said:

ItsDamien said:

Aayush19 said:

ItsDamien said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

ItsDamien said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

ItsDamien said:

Tiger360 said:

😐

Hoarding isn't necessarily bad and I don't think we should force Anti-Hoarding down people's throats.
    Whom do you play the game for?
    I play the game for myself, but that doesn't mean I can't see the broader implications for the game itself. A healthy game means that the game stays around for longer.
    A healthy game is one that makes you not complain and satisfies you
    That's not what healthy game means. It means how the game is running and managing it's player base. If people complain and are unsatisfied they have the choice to not play.

These things are not mutually exclusive at all.
  • Options
    Tiger360 said:

ItsDamien said:

Tiger360 said:

ItsDamien said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

ItsDamien said:

So what is the bloody point? You're contradicting yourself like mad, there's no point for a cap if you can do that
    I haven't contradicted myself at all. Please go back to school when they reopen and have a teacher explain to you what "contradiction" means thoroughly.
  • Options
    ItsDamien said:

Tiger360 said:

ItsDamien said:

Tiger360 said:

ItsDamien said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

ItsDamien said:

I haven't contradicted myself at all. Please go back to school when they reopen and have a teacher explain to you what "contradiction" means thoroughly.
    You said that there shouldn't be a cap because people can just buy crystals and store them, so what is the point of a cap when people can just do that? You contract yourself when you think only incursions deserve a cap when other things that can boost your progression FAR faster such as gold and the amount of crystals you can purchase for units. Are you going to respond with an argument to that or carry on saying that I should go back to school like a broken record when I am for sure older than you and Thicco
  • Options
    ItsDamien said:

Tiger360 said:

ItsDamien said:

Tiger360 said:

ItsDamien said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

ItsDamien said:

Not sure why my comments are deleted but yes you have contradicted yourself. If you think artifacts should be capped (not even the fastest way to progress) then you should also think that gold and the amount of units spent on crystals should be capped (they shouldnt) and if you dont think that you are a hypocrite. Now are you going to argue that or just tell me to go back to school like a broken record?
  • Options
    Tiger360 said:

ItsDamien said:

Tiger360 said:

ItsDamien said:

Tiger360 said:

ItsDamien said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

ItsDamien said:

Not sure why my comments are deleted but yes you have contradicted yourself. If you think artifacts should be capped (not even the fastest way to progress) then you should also think that gold and the amount of units spent on crystals should be capped (they shouldnt) and if you dont think that you are a hypocrite. Now are you going to argue that or just tell me to go back to school like a broken record?
    Ah see that's where you messed up. "If you think X, then you should think Y"

That's not how life or forming an opinion works kiddo. Here's a quick lesson in why that thought process is wrong.

I think your opinion is wrong, now going by your logic if I think your opinion is wrong, then you shouldn't have an opinion at all.

In reality though, I think your opinion is wrong, but you're still allowed to that opinion.

Do you see the difference? Just because one thing works one way doesn't mean that I think all things should work the same way. Making baseless and quite frankly ridiculous assumptions about how other people think about their opinions is possibly the least intelligent thing you've stated in this entire thread, and you said that Thicco was my boyfriend and we were dislike spamming your comments.

Anyway I'm done with talking to you.
  • Options
    ItsDamien said:

Tiger360 said:

ItsDamien said:

Tiger360 said:

ItsDamien said:

Tiger360 said:

ItsDamien said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

ItsDamien said:

Ah see that's where you messed up. "If you think X, then you should think Y"

That's not how life or forming an opinion works kiddo. Here's a quick lesson in why that thought process is wrong.

I think your opinion is wrong, now going by your logic if I think your opinion is wrong, then you shouldn't have an opinion at all.

In reality though, I think your opinion is wrong, but you're still allowed to that opinion.

Do you see the difference? Just because one thing works one way doesn't mean that I think all things should work the same way. Making baseless and quite frankly ridiculous assumptions about how other people think about their opinions is possibly the least intelligent thing you've stated in this entire thread, and you said that Thicco was my boyfriend and we were dislike spamming your comments.

Anyway I'm done with talking to you.
    Haha you gave up because you know your wrong. Nice try spouting bs though. Yes, if you think artifacts progress you too fast, you think gold does too, but I bet you wouldn't want a gold cap at 1 million would you kiddo. Just stop crying please
  • Options

I like GW, he never speak downs on anyone.
    Agreeing or disagreeing to his comments is different thing. No point in dragging someone's name on a thread where they didn't even commented.

And yeah, artifact cap should increase as it has in the past. Good for you to point it out.
    I'm sure they will increase it to satisfy the evolving game needs. We have to wait and see.

And I too wish it is raised a bit. But on the other hand, since now I can spend 32k on 2k 6* shards 3times, I don't need to hoard them anymore.
    27k incursion crystal have given me all garbage sicnce the dungeons were released, personally for me most of the times it's a 10% win and 90% lose scenario, so now I don't care about them. One can say getting 2k shards is still a Gamble, but I will take that chance on a 6*.

thank you for a mature response, instead of being an angry little boy and telling everyone to go back to school
  • Options
    MagicBentonMagicBenton Posts: 281 ★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

ItsDamien said:

Tiger360 said:

😐

They already prevent this by capping the amount of things you can purchase in the store. They limit the incursion crystals and they are going to limit the 6* shard purchases. If there was no max purchase limit I could see your point (lets say someone saves up until Ghost is in a crystal and then has 10 tries for her). But no matter how many shards you have, right now you can only buy 1 of each crystal (soon to be 2). You earn way more than the cost 2 crystals every 90 days if you play incursions every week. I bought 4 of the crystals this time around and have no use for the other ones. I don't typically hoard but I'm not going to waste my resources on useless items. I was about to go over the 55,000 cap so I had to buy a basic crystal just so the shards weren't wasted.

As to the person that said just don't play incursions...a) they are really fun and one of the few aspects of the game that is different every time you hop in and b) it's a great source of gold (haven't had an issue with gold since they revamped them...kudos to Kabam for that)