**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

What can I use proxima midnight for?

SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★
edited August 2020 in General Discussion
Just pulled Proxima Midnight! I know she's decent but I don't know what she's really good at. So can you guys help me find her use?

Comments

• Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Honestly, people mainly just use her to give Corvus True Strike, but if you're skilled and can play her right, she can be a pretty solid boss killer. Complete all the missions, throw a Sp3 and pretty much anything you come across is dead.
  • Options
    Etjama said:

Honestly, people mainly just use her to give Corvus True Strike, but if you're skilled and can play her right, she can be a pretty solid boss killer. Complete all the missions, throw a Sp3 and pretty much anything you come across is dead.

oh ig I won't rank her. I already have havok who has an insane SP3 so okay. I also don't take bosses in AW.
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

Etjama said:

oh ig I won't rank her. I already have havok who has an insane SP3 so okay. I also don't take bosses in AW.
    Lol, yeah. She's basically a longer ramp-up Havok with less utility and a great synergy for Corvus.
  • Options
    Can also bring her with Nebula for the Shock Objective when it comes up.
    Nebula starts out with Shock charges already built up, just need to Parry the opponent to apply them.
  • Options
    MathgeekMathgeek Posts: 609 ★★★
    Everything you would use her for has a damage cap
  • Options

Can also bring her with Nebula for the Shock Objective when it comes up.
    Nebula starts out with Shock charges already built up, just need to Parry the opponent to apply them.

Don't have 5,4, or 3* Nebula. Oof. Another trash champ put into my roster.

• Options
    ErocksErocks Posts: 294 ★★
    She's surprisingly decent. Everyone thinks she's one of those massive L3 champs who takes a while to ramp up but she's more than that; has great utility (anti-evade, can block unblockable, parry projectile). She can drop massive specials even with only 1 or 2 missions completed, meaning her ramp-up isn't as bad as it seems.

Further, her massive, MASSIVE damage when fully ramped up is great for a lot of nodes that would mitigate your damage. She's a top option for Acid Wash Mysterio because of this, only second behind the two real counters, KG and Man Thing

I'd suggest watching UKM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzWhbb6v5A0&t=910s for some spectacular Proxima gameplay, he shows how she's used in Act 6. Also a great option for LOL if missing other champs.

In short, she can be used as a pretty damn good replacement for a lot of other champs. Don't sleep on that.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Erocks said:

She's surprisingly decent. Everyone thinks she's one of those massive L3 champs who takes a while to ramp up but she's more than that; has great utility (anti-evade, can block unblockable, parry projectile). She can drop massive specials even with only 1 or 2 missions completed, meaning her ramp-up isn't as bad as it seems.

Further, her massive, MASSIVE damage when fully ramped up is great for a lot of nodes that would mitigate your damage. She's a top option for Acid Wash Mysterio because of this, only second behind the two real counters, KG and Man Thing

I'd suggest watching UKM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzWhbb6v5A0&t=910s for some spectacular Proxima gameplay, he shows how she's used in Act 6. Also a great option for LOL if missing other champs.

In short, she can be used as a pretty damn good replacement for a lot of other champs. Don't sleep on that.

Too bad Proxima is the ultimate Realm Of Legends showcase champ. She can’t realistically get utilized and ultimately get used, nowhere outside of that since the content she would be good has damage caps.
    She is definitely a tier on her own.
    Proxima tier:
    A beyond god tier useless champ 🤣
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    She has one unique ability: she reduces offensive ability accuracy of opponents while blocking by 200% (ergo, masochism fails) and she can parry every attack (ergo, Stealth Spidey, Domino, IMIW, Yondu,...). She is one of the few cosmic champions who can heal block and have true accuracy. Her missions give prowess and fury, but the intercept one is hard to accomplish, so many players don't use her.