**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

THE BEST COSMIC CHAMP??

2»

Comments

• lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    CORVUS GLAIVE
    DNA3000 said:

Maldroit2 said:

Moot4Life said:

VENOM

But why?
    The poll said "this poll is based on overall ability to be useful in most aspects of the game." Personally, I use Venom far more than any of the other champs on the list. I use Venom more often than all of the other champs combined, in fact.

Corvus is definitely a god in any fight where his mechanics work and he doesn't run out of charges, and Hyperion is a massive damage truck. But Venom has tremendous ability to make difficult fights easy, and problematic fights into cakewalks, across an exceptionally wide range of champs. He's not the best for any one particular fight, but he's extremely good for a lot, and at least passably good for even more.

First of all, he turns off Spider-people evade. That instantly makes him a decent option for fights like Spiderman, Starky, Stealthy, and any long fight with Spider-Gwen where she's going to be at max charges for most of the fight. And when you're good against all versions of Spider-people, there's a lot of Spiders running around the game at this point.

He loves fighting anything that procs buffs. Not only can he nullify buffs, he regens from nullifying buffs. That makes him both good against champs that have problematic buffs, and generally sustainable against any champ that has any buffs at all. If you're fighting against Aegon, you might as well have Life Transfer. And if you're fighting against cosmics like Medusa or The Champion or Hyperion, Venom is certainly not the best option but he's at least workable in those fights. This also is useful in situations where you have nodes like Arc Overload.

He gains True Strike when the fight drops below 18% health. This can be useful against champs that autoblock like MODOK or evade but aren't a Spiderperson like Nightcrawler, although you have to get them down to that level first. So useful but not the best. But this is especially useful against the King of being annoying at low health, awakened IMIW. Before he gets to 15% and starts procing armors, Venom gains true strike and ignores IMIW autoblock, making that fight far less problematic.

He has a decent duration armor break in his heavy attack. So Venom is good for many fights that benefit from armor break, like turning off Mysterio or disabling Killmonger's reflection, or breaking Emma's diamond form.

Need a Havok counter? One of Venom's buffs is armor. If you don't get it randomly at the start of the fight, just use heavy attacks until you do. After that, Havok stops being a threat and starts healing you with willpower.

Looking for a good Incursions champ? Venom loves Buff Cornucopia. Also any Incursion buff that boosts furies. Also any incursion buff that boosts bleed. Also any incursion buff that scales with buffs. Venom just loves Incursions in general.

Have you done all the Variants yet? Any other content with Size Matters? Venom is XL. Also a Symbiote, for content that buffs Symbiotes.

Venom also has a long list of little benefits here and there. For example he benefits strongly from the Rich get richer node. Tech champs can't power drain him so that helps against G2099 and Warlock.

And Venom is one of those champs that is both good on offense and good on defense. When you're not using him as an attacker, he's an above average defender with an SP2 that is tricky to evade for many players.

Venom is not as flashy or as singularly situationally powerful as other cosmic champs, but he's broadly useful across the widest range of content in my opinion. And he's a champ that is both easy to use and useful to beginners, and still finds uses in the higher difficulty and progression parts of the game. Venom is probably one of the best all around useful champs across all players and all parts of the game.
    did I just read a whole essay on why venom is the best cosmic? You might've convinced me...
  • TalharajpootTalharajpoot Posts: 381 ★★
    SILVER SURFER
    I think silver surfer is best as he can hit even the invisible ones and become unblockable for 5 sec and a decent damager
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    CORVUS GLAIVE
    It would of been Hyperion if he wasn't so rng dependant (still in top 3 tho).