**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Regarding Compensation and Exploring Act 6 - Stay at 99% Explored or Overflow Resources?

becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 412 ★★★
So here's the situation myself and others find themselves in: I'm sitting at 99% exploration for all of Act 6 by leaving a single path in the Grandmaster quest unfinished. I've done this to avoid overflowing in high level rank up materials that I will then be forced to use 30 days after exploration.

However we all know that Act 6 is going to be getting the nerf bat in a few days and eventually some kind of compensation package will follow - so the question becomes: What are the criteria and cut off's for that package going to be? Is there going to be different packages based on the amount explored before the nerf?

It would make sense that there would be at least 2 different packages, 1 for those who have completed act 6 and 1 for those who have fully explored it, since the resources required to do the latter is much greater. So it then begs the question: Should a player in my situation finish off Act 6 100% now and overflow in resources to try to get a more adequate compensation? Or not risk the resources being wasted and instead risk a smaller compensation?

I doubt the mods can give us any indication at this point how the compensation will be determined, but if that was at all possible that would be great. Otherwise, any of you out there in a similar situation? What are you going to do?

Comments

• Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    if you have options for the resources you get, I'd explore. if not, I'd probably hold. the compensation will probably be mostly item based which might not be that useful
  • Options
    pigupompompigupompom Posts: 110

if you have options for the resources you get, I'd explore. if not, I'd probably hold. the compensation will probably be mostly item based which might not be that useful

unit would be the next best thing. what happen to those who complete 5/6 of each Act6? do they get anything?

• Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    completion yes. exploration? nah. because you don't have to 100% explore the content in order to experience it. you experience it through completion. going further than that is of course at our own peril. so Kabam is well aware that the experience of Act 6 justifies compensation and it will be based on completion not exploration.

there could be an argument for 2 types based on those who stopped at 6.2. but other than that, exploration is a stretch.
  • Options
    hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,118 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
    Personally hoping it's based on several different categories. Per chapter is another option as well as completion and exploration. For example, I have explored chap 1-3, but not fully explored chap 4. And chap 2 explore is widely considered more difficult than some of the others partially because of the gates. If I've fully explored the whole act with the exception of a dozen or so paths in chapter 4 before the nerf, should I get the same comp as someone who's only done a single clear of the act?
  • Options
    GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    I think it should be both completion and exploration based.
    Skip completion of 6.1 in the compensation. It is not hard (doable with an r4 corvus, as by me)
    6.1 exploration, maybe.
    6.2 completion
    6.2 exploration
    6.1 completion
    6.4 exploration
    Whole act completion
    Whole act exploration

They should all be small seperate packages that add up into one big package everyone recieves based on their completion/exploration.

So someone who has 100% 6.1 and 6.2, and completed 6.3 and 6.4 will get all packages excep the 6.3 exp, 6.4 exp, act 6 exp. etc.
  • Options
    hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,118 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020

Skip completion of 6.1 in the compensation. It is not hard (doable with an r4 corvus, as by me)
    6.1 exploration, maybe.
    6.2 completion
    6.2 exploration
    6.1 completion
    6.4 exploration
    Whole act completion
    Whole act exploration

They should all be small seperate packages that add up into one big package everyone recieves based on their completion/exploration.

So someone who has 100% 6.1 and 6.2, and completed 6.3 and 6.4 will get all packages excep the 6.3 exp, 6.4 exp, act 6 exp. etc.

Why not just make it completion and exploration of each chapter, and then both for the act itself? It's just more complicated when you pick and choose out of each chapter as you did above. Also, for instance 6.3 explore is not mentioned for some reason. And was far from painless. Feel like a few of the paths there are pain point paths and also the attack is now being nerfed. I'd say just do each chapter, complete and explore separately and the act complete and explore. That has got to be the simplest fairest way.
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    My guess is they will do a base comp package for act 6 and then hand it out based on % of completed, but that is just a guess.
  • Options
    WhaaaatWhaaaat Posts: 407 ★★★
    The compensation should be based on the % of exploration
    1 compensation package for 10-20%, another for 20-30%, another for 30-40% etc
  • Options
    GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★

6.1 exploration, maybe.
    6.2 completion
    6.2 exploration
    6.1 completion
    6.4 exploration
    Whole act completion
    Whole act exploration

Why not just make it completion and exploration of each chapter, and then both for the act itself? It's just more complicated when you pick and choose out of each chapter as you did above. Also, for instance 6.3 explore is not mentioned for some reason. And was far from painless. Feel like a few of the paths there are pain point paths and also the attack is now being nerfed. I'd say just do each chapter, complete and explore separately and the act complete and explore. That has got to be the simplest fairest way.
    There was no specific reason 6.3 was not mentioned. I actualy thought I typed it in. Strange.
    Your first line actually states what I mean if I understand it correctly. You get stuff based on the chapters you completed or explored. And an overal completion/exploration.
  • Options
    becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 412 ★★★
    Thanks for the input everyone. I think I'm gonna knock out the last path and just hope I get at least one or two options for rank ups in the next month or so. I just don't feel it's worth the risk of missing out on compensation that may be based on having it 100% as opposed to 99%.
  • Options
    GildenlowGildenlow Posts: 691 ★★★
    I was at the same point, finally I went for it cause I couldn't wait anymore xD

Of course it's a los of resources, but gave me the oportunitty to give diversity to my roster, now I finally ranked up some champs that I really love (like silver surfer to r2) but there are not so called beyond god tier.

Plus gave me a mystic catalyst, so now I have an r3 sasquatch!