**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Warlock Vs Guillotine 2099

Comments

• Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Warlock
    Kill_Grey said:

Berjibs said:

JChanceH9 said:

I don’t have either champ, but it’s interesting to see people favor utility over damage when most of the time “big yellow numbers” and a moderate amount of utility are what seem to be considered best.

But warlock and g99 aren’t the only two champs in the game. Warlocks range of utility of which some is very unique, the speed in which it can be accessed and his flexibility is largely unrivalled which makes him extremely valuable in the context of a complete roster.

The problems being thrown at us have more and more specific solutions so utility becomes more important the deeper you go into content. Warlocks utilit
    Kill_Grey said:

Berjibs said:

Kill_Grey said:

Holros said:

Kill_Grey said:

I prefer Guilly to warlock by miles and miles! I don't care if warlock can heal block, because that's his major trick. Can he lifesteal effectively? No. Can he do labyrinth or farm you potions in RoL? No. Can he do spiked armor, and the other crappy nodes that punish you for critting? No. Can he fight a lot of cosmics like venom effectively? No. Can he control power with his basic attacks without needing to throw specials or block non-contact attacks (a super niche ability, by the way)? No, he can't. How does he fare against a high attack Havok on, say, crumbling armor, enhanced power gain and extinction protocol? Guilly does it WAY better.
    I get that warlock has almost all the utility abilities you can think of, but outside of heal countering, they're just so niche.

When it comes to Regen, he only has it on his SP 3, gaining about 5% per infection. Guess what? Guilly can Regen 40% of her health just by entering the fight below 15% health. Just put on a 20% revive, a few blocked hits, Regen to 55%, put on your stability function for the subsequent fights, and just like that, you're golden!

It's all preferences at the end of the day, and I believe people place warlock a bit too highly.
    I've used both characters extensively, and I have to say, I'm not overly impressed by warlock. But Guilly has surprised me to the point of singlehandedly doing so much content I never even dreamed of doing within a matter of a week!

Nevertheless, these 2 champs are OP, and have a lot of similar abilities. But outside of heal countering (which guilly can easily outdamage), she does everything else better than Warlock (whose abilities are way too niche for my liking).

To be sincere when it comes to G99 vs Warlock I think people are just being biased, I don't see a reason to like warlock over g99,and trust me I have both of them, She does everything with ease, in AQ she can do all the fight with ease without needing any other teammate if you pass the right path, warlock can never do that.
    I think the reason people dont give her credit is the fact that they always want to keep the combo meter and we all know how easy it is to lose combo meters or how it won't work in short fights,without her combo meter up,she is still a beast,she still has a crazy load of utility and her damage is still very much OK.
    With the combo meter up, she has one of the best if not the best damage in the whole game.

Am sure with time people will understand all that I am saying and give her due credit
    You are very right, Holros. And as a matter of fact, G2099 is actually one of the easiest champs to keep a combo with, as she's one of the only ones till this date to be able to do backdraft intercepts from a blocked hit (albeit, this takes a lot of practice to master). She also has a massive reach on her light attacks, so she is very easy to get openings with. Her specials also have short reaction times, so if you mistakenly threw one into your opponent's block, you can quickly retaliate. Not to mention the digicloak, sig ability combo shield, heavy attack combo shield, self repair if you screw up and medium attack lifesteal to cover your health needs.

Such a well-rounded character that is severely underrated. People don't know, they just don't know...

Besides, 100 hits isn't the hardest thing to reach in the world, especially considering the fact she has 9 hits on her SP 2, yet people still complain endlessly that her build up is "tedious", smh.
    If she’s one of your only good champions I can see how you would gush over her but in a developed roster you’ll often have another option that does what she does with less caveats.

That’s where she sits with me, I’ve not got the biggest roster in the world, pushing 700k, but I’ve more frequently than not got better, quicker or certainly less fussy options to use so she just sits there. It’s not as if I’m not clearing content and she’s the answer under my nose that I don’t know how to use either, frankly I haven’t needed her much at all so far with act 6, LOL in the bag and variants close to all being 100% (well, maybe not v1 😂). Where I have used her has been as just another immune champ when roster is stretched or I ramp her up once to hit a boss with damage like cav apocalypse. Maybe late act 6 exploration she becomes more useful, certainly I’m not closing the door on using her.

Warlock is more flexible and easy to use for most people as seen in the poll. This doesn’t mean she doesn’t have enormous potential, just not everyone likes using her or needs to use her, despite knowing what she can do. Don’t kid yourselves that everyone benching G99 is doing so in ignorance.

Hey genius, you know what you said in the first paragraph could he said about warlock right? Also, by "developed roster", you basically mean a close to endgame player right? Well guess what? That's pretty much who a high level G2099 is meant for. She's not for the weak of heart, or the non-skillful. Albeit, she can fit into any roster depending on her rarity and rank, but she rewards heftily those that can handle her.

Now I don't know what you're on about, but I hate long, drawn out fights. Which is basically why Guilly is perfect for me.
    You all love your pillow-fists warlock. But if these 2 are given the same fight to do, G2099 would do it 10 times faster than warlock. I know you guys would disagree with me, but I simply don't care because I'm speaking my mind.
    I've had warlock for a long time now, but once I got Guilly, he has not made it into any of my important attack lineups because she simply does his job better, and much much faster.

And by the way, could you tell me one single fight that warlock does which Guilly can't do (Barring variant 2)? Just one.
    Do you bleed medusa?

That's still just one fight, either way.
    Anything with do you bleed and anything with Coldsnap on it including every stacked Iceman in the game are a couple that I can think of off the top of my head. There aren't a ton of fights Warlock can do that G99 can't do. But there are so, so many that Warlock is way more practical for. Diss Track, Emma Frosts, IMIWs, and any healing fight in the game just to name a few. His Heal Block is so much more accessible and it's passive, which makes him work in cases where most other heal block/reversal champs won't. I.e V3 Rogue and more.
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Guillotine 2099
    Well, it seems like neither of the two sides will give in. Any further argument or attempt to convince, will most likely fall on deaf ears for the opposing party.

I, and the others who went for Guilly, am not going to change my mind and rate Warlock over Guilly, simply because I prefer her to him by miles and she fits my preferences perfectly. It seems you guys who are on the side of Warlock will do the same.

So yeah, as @Berjibs said above, any further argument is futile. It's up to you guys to do the comparison yourself, if you can play with both characters. A lot of comments here were probably put forward by people who simply haven't given the other Champ a chance, but instead just based their opinions on YouTube videos. Not bothering to actually test the character for themselves, but rather decided to look at tier lists, Rankings, and biased opinions from others.
    I am not one of these people, and as I've said above, I have played extensively with the two. If I hadn't played with either one, I wouldn't have participated in this discussion.

Thank you all for your time, I believe a lot of you have put your opinions forward and learnt a few things. But this argument is going nowhere...

We are all lucky to have either one or both of these characters, each a cheat code in their own right, and provide quite essential utility for a player at any level.
  • Options
    Rouger4Rouger4 Posts: 633 ★★★
    edited September 2020
    Guillotine 2099
    Warlock has a lot of utility but his heal block is the most special in the game . It’s passive, doesn’t require specials, only needs contact and also reduces offensive ability accuracy which can stack, power drains the opponent and has a cool visual effect.
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Warlock
    But he can solo him.
  • Options
    HolrosHolros Posts: 361 ★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Well, it seems like neither of the two sides will give in. Any further argument or attempt to convince, will most likely fall on deaf ears for the opposing party.

I, and the others who went for Guilly, am not going to change my mind and rate Warlock over Guilly, simply because I prefer her to him by miles and she fits my preferences perfectly. It seems you guys who are on the side of Warlock will do the same.

So yeah, as @Berjibs said above, any further argument is futile. It's up to you guys to do the comparison yourself, if you can play with both characters. A lot of comments here were probably put forward by people who simply haven't given the other Champ a chance, but instead just based their opinions on YouTube videos. Not bothering to actually test the character for themselves, but rather decided to look at tier lists, Rankings, and biased opinions from others.
    I am not one of these people, and as I've said above, I have played extensively with the two. If I hadn't played with either one, I wouldn't have participated in this discussion.

Thank you all for your time, I believe a lot of you have put your opinions forward and learnt a few things. But this argument is going nowhere...

We are all lucky to have either one or both of these characters, each a cheat code in their own right, and provide quite essential utility for a player at any level.

Just like kill grey said above,this argument won't lead anywhere it will just keep dragging on so I guess I am going to stop here,all am just going to say is if you don't have her of when you get her,don't just Make up your mind from videos or what people have said without actually testing her out carefully,you would be surprised trust me.
    And regarding people saying I don't have warlock,I do have warlock and he was one of my main AQ (map5)team before I got g99,I use him along with NF and Magik(and one of the reason I do use warlock and magik together is because of their synergy that gives magik a nice boost and a nice addition to warlock,just to let you know I understand his kit well and I own him)
    At the end of the day,they are both great champions that would be a boost to any roster they land in and they are both in Beyond God Tier for a reason,so at the end of the day it all boils down to personal preference.
    And I never said warlock wasn't good,if you read my first post all am trying to say is G99 don't get the love she deserves almost as if she doesn't exist,I just hope this thread has been able to convince some of you who own her to give her a try and maybe show her some more love.
    I love all of you that has contributed to this thread one way or the other,y'all should keep smashing contents.
  • Options
    Warlock
    Kill_Grey said:

We are in the same league as we have made opinions about the opposite character by playing them as a 4*.That makes us value them less than we should.
    I will obviously rank up guillotine if I get her as a 5*.You should also give a second chance to warlock if you get him.
  • Options
    JamesBond_007JamesBond_007 Posts: 130
    Without suicides Warlock damage sucks, trust me I have used him without suicides. I say if run suicides than warlock.
  • Options
    Guillotine 2099

Kill_Grey said:

We are in the same league as we have made opinions about the opposite character by playing them as a 4*.That makes us value them less than we should.
    I will obviously rank up guillotine if I get her as a 5*.You should also give a second chance to warlock if you get him.
    I sure will! 👍🏾
  • Options
    Warlock

Sarvanga1_ I would genuinely like to see a video of a warlock one shorting mr.sinister today. I realize that there are one shots from many months ago but that was when warlock’s infections were reducing all ability accuracy,except only offensive ability accuracy.

If there is still a way to one shot him using warlock, I would really like to see it.

I will when I get a heimdall or ultron from dual crystal but the emp mod is offensive ability so he reduces ability accuracy there.
    https://youtu.be/Eh_gMeWU0vg
  • Options
    Warlock
    @Kill_Grey @Holros you guys are really great and thanks for the tips to use guillotine.
    @Etjama warlock boys for life
  • Options
    Warlock
    Yeah man both are beasts
  • Options
    Guillotine 2099
    Holros said:

Kill_Grey said:

Just like kill grey said above,this argument won't lead anywhere it will just keep dragging on so I guess I am going to stop here,all am just going to say is if you don't have her of when you get her,don't just Make up your mind from videos or what people have said without actually testing her out carefully,you would be surprised trust me.
    And regarding people saying I don't have warlock,I do have warlock and he was one of my main AQ (map5)team before I got g99,I use him along with NF and Magik(and one of the reason I do use warlock and magik together is because of their synergy that gives magik a nice boost and a nice addition to warlock,just to let you know I understand his kit well and I own him)
    At the end of the day,they are both great champions that would be a boost to any roster they land in and they are both in Beyond God Tier for a reason,so at the end of the day it all boils down to personal preference.
    And I never said warlock wasn't good,if you read my first post all am trying to say is G99 don't get the love she deserves almost as if she doesn't exist,I just hope this thread has been able to convince some of you who own her to give her a try and maybe show her some more love.
    I love all of you that has contributed to this thread one way or the other,y'all should keep smashing contents.
    Well said, sir 👏
  • Options
    Berjibs said:

@Holros

Come on dude...🤦🏽‍♂️

Heavies are critting at 13.5k, I’ve got 2 or 3 in assassins, do the maths on the healthpool, what is it 250k?

Do you want the video or is that sufficient?

Pretty outrageous to suggest I’d lie about it. Why would I do that?

Just to humour you here’s my roster. If you look you can see why I’ve not really found a use for her as of yet outside of an extra bleed immune champ which is primarily why I ranked her up, plus she has that nice powergain synergy with warlock. Shock horror, you can bring both of them to quests. Add vision (massive fury on triggering immunities) for a beast map 6 immunity paths team, bio, calps, poison etc...and yes warlock can run through those on his own, ramp g99 up in one fight as you have the synergy it’s easy and save her for doom.

General path clearing, aq/aw or immunities, omega and Corvus do it much faster and with more useful utility (omega for eg in v3 is clearing fights in 30 odd hits with a 50% weakness) plus they regen all I really need at the start of the fight. Obviously omega can do a huge heal on demand via sp3. I prefer that to the just before death type regen of G99. BWCV has more immunities and again huge regen I control, insane sustainability. Hyperion same thing I can choose to regen 30% when I want to.

LOL, deep act 6 / big healthpool stuff I’ve got aegon who has much more utility than g99. ROL farming combo of AA, hype (w/cosmic buff synergy) and shulk shreds that thing so fast.

She doesn’t work well in abyss so she’s left for some niche nodes in act 6 exploration and some AON fights where she might be better than HB.

I have tried using her dude she’s just not as good as those other options for where I might have needed her so far. If stuff crops up where she’s the best option, great I’m happy to have her.

Warlock takes any regen/heal based content, fights that require or boost bleed damage, evade fights, coldsnap fights, fights that require AA reduction(bring cable to make that quick and powerful), nodes that require a shock etc etc

You questioned why people might like warlock more, that’s why, he’s the best option for proportionally a lot more content in the context of a complete roster. Obviously others might not have those better options or just like playing her and value her more than I do, wouldn’t ever question that or try to change their minds, just the nonsense that’s getting spouted in the thread is all. 🤷🏽‍♂️

It's all good big man
  • Options
    Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,791 ★★★★★
    @Holros that’s a great roster. High-five on that R5 She-Hulk too.
  • Options
    edited September 2020

@Holros that’s a great roster. High-five on that R5 She-Hulk too.

Oh no that's not mine,I wish it was mine I am not as strong as that yet,I do have a r4 she hulk though
  • Options
    Guillotine 2099
    Holros said:

Kill_Grey said:

Well said, sir 👏
  • Options
    Guillotine 2099
    Kill_Grey said:

Holros said:

Kill_Grey said:

Well said, sir 👏
    This took a while to get approved 🤔
  • Options
    Warlock
    Just one last lil stop back in this thread, I have used G99. A ton actually. I had her at 5* R4 before I even pulled Warlock. And she did her job for a time, until I took Warlock to R4 and found out that he does those jobs better. So now he's at R5. I don't get my opinions from YouTube, rankings, or biased opinions from others.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Guillotine 2099
    Etjama said:

Just one last lil stop back in this thread, I have used G99. A ton actually. I had her at 5* R4 before I even pulled Warlock. And she did her job for a time, until I took Warlock to R4 and found out that he does those jobs better. So now he's at R5. I don't get my opinions from YouTube, rankings, or biased opinions from others.

My statement wasn't necessarily directed at you.
  • Options
    Warlock
    Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Just pointing out I'm not one of em. This thread was fun either way.
  • Options
    Guillotine 2099
    Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Noted.
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Warlock
    is there a way to keep the opponent below a bar of power the entire fight with g2099 and her sp1? I figured I just ask it here because a lot of knowledgeable g2099 users are here. I'm assuming you'd have to purposely miss some so they don't connect?
  • Options
    Guillotine 2099
    Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

We have argued a fair amount in recent time, haven't we? 🤔
  • Options
    Guillotine 2099

is there a way to keep the opponent below a bar of power the entire fight with g2099 and her sp1? I figured I just ask it here because a lot of knowledgeable g2099 users are here. I'm assuming you'd have to purposely miss some so they don't connect?

I haven't tested her that far, so I'll leave that for people like @Holros and @SwarmOfRavens to answer.

But as for the SP 1 miss aspect, it's quite a niche ability that's not achievable in general scenarios. It mostly applies to fighting her on defense, when you would dex her SP 1, or when it would be evaded by the opponent.
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Warlock
    Kill_Grey said:

I haven't tested her that far, so I'll leave that for people like @Holros and @SwarmOfRavens to answer.

But as for the SP 1 miss aspect, it's quite a niche ability that's not achievable in general scenarios. It mostly applies to fighting her on defense, when you would dex her SP 1, or when it would be evaded by the opponent.
    aw. I was hoping that it would be useful for power control scenarios. I have a magik but someone else would definitely be useful. I'll probably test it today in rol or something