**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Compensation for Side Event Issues?

CreatorZukoCreatorZuko Posts: 70 ★★
edited September 2020 in Suggestions and Requests
Not sure if this has been discussed before, but I think it would be fitting if we were given some compensation for the extended delay of the side event. Not only do we not get to do the quest, but this also delays maps being made to determine what is in the various chests. In my opinion, giving all players extra Platinum Jones Locker's so that we can enter the quest more, especially since some paths require two keys, would be a nice way of saying sorry for this big mess.
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• RemeliRemeli Posts: 608 ★★★
    Ridiculous
  • CreatorZukoCreatorZuko Posts: 70 ★★

It's not like it's been down for a week. Just a few days. Calm down

What in my post indicated that I wasn't "calm"? And it's not like what I'm asking for is unreasonable anyways.
  • Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    Oh snap, another compensation post

Not every delay has to end in compensation
  • AdevatiAdevati Posts: 437 ★★★
    If the quest opens in 3 days, will you end up getting all the rewards in the coming 20-something days? My guess is yes. That goes for the vast majority of players too.

There is no egregious loss to compensate for.

ImGodMF said:

Oh my God, this is the most unnecessary compensation request. Ridiculous, and greedy.

How is this ridiculous and greedy? I'm not asking for them to give us a 6 star nexus and a T5CC Selector, just a few extra keys to do paths that are already in the event. And as a player, I was promised an event on a given date and it's still down due to their own faults, that alone warrants something.
    It’s ridiculous and greedy because you did not lose anything in rewards or use unnecessary resources for something that did not happen

It’s a month long event that u can Enter anytime

Ever think of that logically
    Logic is great and all, but have you heard of punctuation?

ImGodMF said:

Oh my God, this is the most unnecessary compensation request. Ridiculous, and greedy.

How is this ridiculous and greedy? I'm not asking for them to give us a 6 star nexus and a T5CC Selector, just a few extra keys to do paths that are already in the event. And as a player, I was promised an event on a given date and it's still down due to their own faults, that alone warrants something.
    we get the keys regardless of if the event is running or not. Event only allows us to expend those keys for rewards
  • Capn_DanteCapn_Dante Posts: 565 ★★★
    It is just delayed a couple days but you can still do every single run... why would they need to compensate you - nothing is being missed you will just have to do a couple days of 2 runs - and trust me they take like no time.... I'll make a video and show you in 151 hours ;-)
    Adevati said:

If the quest opens in 3 days, will you end up getting all the rewards in the coming 20-something days? My guess is yes. That goes for the vast majority of players too.

Well actually, no, you won't get "all the rewards" given that there are more paths than there are keys, hence why what I suggested is giving out more keys. And sure there is no egregious loss, but typically when there is a delay in a game of this nature something is done as a way of showing that the developers actually care. Especially delays that were not scheduled or that were given prior notice of.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    you're not losing any rewards. there's no need for compensation

ImGodMF said:

It’s ridiculous and greedy because you did not lose anything in rewards or use unnecessary resources for something that did not happen

It’s a month long event that u can Enter anytime

Ever think of that logically
    Logic is great and all, but have you heard of punctuation?
    Come back when you have an actual concern or relevant point
    Too bad this is a general discussion forum, and I can actually post anything given that it's not against the rules. Thanks for the suggestion though!
    Mikusik1 said:

Well good compensation is that You did not get ban. as they could ban everyone just in case ;)

except that would be literal game suicide, and Kabam would lose lots of money. Is this supposed to be like a smart remark?

Adevati said:

Well actually, no, you won't get "all the rewards" given that there are more paths than there are keys, hence why what I suggested is giving out more keys. And sure there is no egregious loss, but typically when there is a delay in a game of this nature something is done as a way of showing that the developers actually care. Especially delays that were not scheduled or that were given prior notice of.
    35 keys, 28 paths a difficulty

They were pretty clear on this
    Hence no extra keys
    Arsoz said:

No compensation other people got banned for 7 days and will lose their rewards and if the side quest comes back today they will lose 6 days

And the bans were deserved? An exploit is an exploit.

Adevati said:

Hence no extra keys
    Under normal circumstances, yes, no extra keys. But you're missing the entire point of my post, which is to suggest that as a result of the delays they should let us do more paths. I'm obviously aware of the way it works currently. What part of that are you failing to understand?
  • KiralightKiralight Posts: 14
    edited September 2020

They did enough by banning abusers and stopping if form happening further ......and you are not suppose to get all the rewards the quest is designed that way ....the developer care enough about the player base that they too away item which would ruin the game balance .....just because it is delayed doesn't mean it is necessary to compensate in any form......

Adevati said:

Hence no extra keys
    Under normal circumstances, yes, no extra keys. But you're missing the entire point of my post, which is to suggest that as a result of the delays they should let us do more paths. I'm obviously aware of the way it works currently. What part of that are you failing to understand?
    with respect I understand your premise and under constant pressure these things do happen but as this is already dealt with from in game penalties and reward takebacks, I doubt it'll happen but i don't mind either way.