**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Will Magneto be the greatest champion release in 2020 or is that it?

2»

Comments

• Options
    SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★
    Why is Guardian being underrated? He is so broken lol
  • Options
    DarkSoulDLXDarkSoulDLX Posts: 676 ★★★

TSR6225 said:

TSR6225 said:

I find it quite troublesome to think that there a champion will exceed magneto in 2020 - This year has been very slacking in meta defining and revolutionary characters

Magneto was a Buff not a new addition to Mcoc

Buffed Mags is great, no doubt. However, your premise that there haven't been any other good characters released in 2020 is waaaaay off base, IMO! The synergies alone for Apocalypse make him far more valuable than, say, a Nick Fury in that sense. Professor X has some great utility and synergies and Dragon Man's utility is very solid. And those are just the recent releases.
    TSR6225 said:

I find it quite troublesome to think that there a champion will exceed magneto in 2020 - This year has been very slacking in meta defining and revolutionary characters

Buffed Mags is great, no doubt. However, your premise that there haven't been any other good characters released in 2020 is waaaaay off base, IMO! The synergies alone for Apocalypse make him far more valuable than, say, a Nick Fury in that sense. Professor X has some great utility and synergies and Dragon Man's utility is very solid. And those are just the recent releases.
    I specify my speculation by tier which defines to beyond god tier champions apart from Magneto sorry if that was vague before
    That does clarify it, but I go back to Apocalypse. The fact that he makes at least 3 other champs beyond god tier because of his synergy makes him potentially the biggest add to date.
    He will probably fit in solid god tier
    TSR6225 said:

TSR6225 said:

TSR6225 said:

I specify my speculation by tier which defines to beyond god tier champions apart from Magneto sorry if that was vague before
    That does clarify it, but I go back to Apocalypse. The fact that he makes at least 3 other champs beyond god tier because of his synergy makes him potentially the biggest add to date.
    He is certainly a great edition to the game - But I do think magneto is better than him
    Why is the addition of magneto troubling? He busts atleast 1/3rd of the champs, that itself is huge. Adding more characters like that would upset the game balance and the meta. The magneto meta is upon us, adding more crazy strong characters just upsets it.
    Yes magneto is quite a high comparison to attest to and you are right I wrote the sentence wrong - However better said do you think any champs will meet that beyond god tier column - but yes not that they will exceed magneto but will he be the only one to this year to remain there after his miraculous jump?
  • Options

TSR6225 said:

TSR6225 said:

TSR6225 said:

TSR6225 said:

TSR6225 said:

TSR6225 said:

He is certainly a great edition to the game - But I do think magneto is better than him
    Why is the addition of magneto troubling? He busts atleast 1/3rd of the champs, that itself is huge. Adding more characters like that would upset the game balance and the meta. The magneto meta is upon us, adding more crazy strong characters just upsets it.
    Yes magneto is quite a high comparison to attest to and you are right I wrote the sentence wrong - However better said do you think any champs will meet that beyond god tier column - but yes not that they will exceed magneto but will he be the only one to this year to remain there after his miraculous jump?
    I dont really follow "godtiers" and that sort, but we have had some really good useful champs come in this year.
    Guardian, RG being really special champs
    X, Apo being mutant synergy gods
    Sorc Sup being a utility machine.
    Honorable mentions to Mojo, StormX and few others ( ive lost track).

THink this whole godtier meta is being dismantled. We have plenty of different scenarios coming up, and options to "every" scenario coming in now.
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Akumaccb said:

ItsDamien said:

I can't get over the fact that magneto is finally buffed. Should I rank him up? Is he good now?

R5 Magneto against Map 5 Doom.

14 hits.

You decide.
    Doesn’t count, cos you got hit 😂
    Yeah, I tanked a hit because I got greedy and thought that Magnetism might bypass his heavy resist when Aura was up. I learned the hard way ;(
  • Options
    DarkSoulDLXDarkSoulDLX Posts: 676 ★★★

TSR6225 said:

TSR6225 said:

TSR6225 said:

TSR6225 said:

TSR6225 said:

TSR6225 said:

I dont really follow "godtiers" and that sort, but we have had some really good useful champs come in this year.
    Guardian, RG being really special champs
    X, Apo being mutant synergy gods
    Sorc Sup being a utility machine.
    Honorable mentions to Mojo, StormX and few others ( ive lost track).

THink this whole godtier meta is being dismantled. We have plenty of different scenarios coming up, and options to "every" scenario coming in now.
    Your not alone in that respect -
  • Options
    odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,379 ★★★★★
    There is still hope