**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What is summer of pain?

I keep seeing posts about it and i'm assuming it's just gonna be a very hard set of fights (which is why it is called summer of PAIN) as some sort of event, but i haven't heard of it except for on the forums, does anyone know hat it actually is or just that it is called summer of pain?

Comments

• Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,184 ★★★★★

It's going to introduce a new global node where everytime you finish a hard fight, the game says your network is down and quits out before sending the fight status to the servers. As a result, you will have to redo the same fight, but your champs will have half life and the enemy will be back to full health. It will be RNG based though so it will happen either every time or the RNG (.06% chance to not occur) will kick in so you can move to the next fight.

If you don't already know, they've secretly been testing this global node on Android devices for several months now and are just trying to perfect it before announcing it as a new event where it is a globally applied node. It truly will be painful, but those who can push through will get a 4* Nexus crystal that only has Antman, red and blue cyclops.

Seriously though...I'm sure Kabam will provide more info before it comes out. How would anyone in the forums know if they haven't provided this information to at least the CCPs and allowed them to start sharing it, or directly released more info on the forums or in the game yet? Sorry to be snooty, but I hate these questions, cause no one knows. Just be patient and it will come out when Kabam is ready to release it.

i only asked cause I don't know where they announced anything, i didn't know jack squat besides the title so that's why i asked, just to see what everyone knew, it wasn't me knowing this and thinking there was more somewhere else.
    Overreaction is the hallmark of social media. You get that a lot on this forum, sadly.
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    Summer of pain is putting all your resources into the dual class crystals and continually pulling trash.

On a serious note, it’s supposed to be a set of incredibly hard fights that are designed for the whales of the game.
  • manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★

haven't heard much info besides that it is no longer the summer of pain. maybe fall of pain. or winter of pain. late June of pain

its probably going to come soon
  • InfiniteAbe17InfiniteAbe17 Posts: 165

haven't heard much info besides that it is no longer the summer of pain. maybe fall of pain. or winter of pain. late June of pain

its probably going to come soon
    hopefully
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Winter of woe
  • Its the connection issues we have had all summer. Even throwing money at it doesnt solve it, hence "Summer of Pain"
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    Where is the Summer of Pain?
  • DarkSoulDLXDarkSoulDLX Posts: 676 ★★★
    Kabam really needs to clarify the further on the release date of summer of pain!
  • It's already been clarified by Kabam that it will get pushed to after the actual "summer" due to how much content has been released recently.