Is nightcrawler way too underrated?

The title, answers please?

Comments

• AzKicker316AzKicker316 Member Posts: 2,401 ★★★★★
    He's fun to play, good damage against those who bleed. But he's a middle of the pack, so many mutants that are just better for harder content.
  • AlexAvalonAlexAvalon Member Posts: 655 ★★★
    This is about as hard as I could get him to hit, only sig20 though so can def get a little better

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=eDM4Wca5pJQ
  • EtjamaEtjama Member Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

This is about as hard as I could get him to hit, only sig20 though so can def get a little better

Very nice! Would've loved to see that WS Sp2 dodge.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Member Posts: 21,936 ★★★★★

Etjama said:

I did Sp2 dodge at 2:44.
    I'll do you a solid though. Keep the volume at 0. Don't know what i was thinking with the music lol
    https://youtu.be/h416MrdZHCA
    oh that’s beautiful
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Member Posts: 4,155 ★★★★★
    I have also maxed out my 4* nightcrawler over wolverine just because of his dex mechanic
  • EtjamaEtjama Member Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

Etjama said:

I did Sp2 dodge at 2:44.
    I'll do you a solid though. Keep the volume at 0. Don't know what i was thinking with the music lol
    https://youtu.be/h416MrdZHCA
    oh that’s beautiful
    I'm with Spidey.
  • ABOMBABOMB Member Posts: 564 ★★★
    edited September 2020
    As a defender for AW, he always seems to give people trouble.
    Hes a fun champ to play IMO
  • GreekhitGreekhit Member Posts: 2,820 ★★★★★
    Very fun to play and the top evader in game.
    He can literally evade all champions sp1/sp2 (except of course those who by definition can’t be evaded like Heimdal sp2), without even needed to time your dex perfectly.
    Duped does descent damage, especially if the opponent not bleed immune.
    Also at AW (especially unduped) he can still give people nightmares. On a stun immune/limber node and without an evade counter, if you are not extremely skilled and lucky to switch him to swashbuckling mode, you are pretty much guaranteed KO.
    In most tier lists he is lower than he deserves, at least in my opinion 🙂
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Member Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Greekhit said:

He can literally evade all champions sp1/sp2 (except of course those who by definition can’t be evaded like Heimdal sp2), without even needed to time your dex perfectly.
    Also at AW (especially unduped) he can still give people nightmares. On a stun immune/limber node and without an evade counter, if you are not extremely skilled and lucky to switch him to swashbuckling mode, you are pretty much guaranteed KO.

Actually, I discovered this a long time ago.

Greekhit said:

Actually, I discovered this a long time ago.

IT EVEN SAYS BAMF OH MY GOD
  • FR33_HUG5FR33_HUG5 Member Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    0din said:

Trash champ

Nightcrawler was and still is a high tier champion. He was a pain to deal with when placed as a defender in AW back in the day.

The gall of you lumping NC with the likes of Kamala and Iron Patriot. 😤

Spend time learning his fighting style. Both fight styles.

• FRITO_ManFRITO_Man Member Posts: 716 ★★★
    FR33_HUG5 said:

0din said:

Trash champ

Nightcrawler was and still is a high tier champion. He was a pain to deal with when placed as a defender in AW back in the day.

High tier? I am laughing right now. Sure he's not iron patriot. But high tier is where ghost and all of the top mutants are. You are comparing NC to those?
  • SneakyWarriorSneakyWarrior Member Posts: 853 ★★★★
    0din said:

Why do u want to use him if he’s not great? Lol

ik its crazy but some people actually like using champs that they find fun to play instead of the usual god tiers. crazy right?

0din said:

Why do u want to use him if he’s not great? Lol

ik its crazy but some people actually like using champs that they find fun to play instead of the usual god tiers. crazy right?
    really crazy.
    FR33_HUG5 said:

0din said:

Trash champ

The gall of you lumping Kamala with Iron Patriot.

Have some respect. Kamala has some damage.
  • GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Member, Guardian Posts: 6,479 Guardian
    I hate playing against him
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,858 ★★★★★
    NC isn't a great or god-tier champ; particularly given the amazing mutants released later than him.

However, he is a playable champ. He's got pretty decent damage, particularly if he's Awakened and in Swashbuckling mode.

As well as his easy access to a decent Evade mechanic, he's got a couple of pieces of unique utility:
    • As demonstrated above, he can BAMF otherwise unavoidable SPs like Heimdall's (or Domino's if you're unlucky).
    • BAMFing makes difficult-to-avoid SPs much easier to avoid, such as Winter Soldiers SP2.
    • He inflicts passive instant bleed damage; which works on champs immune to bleed debuffs, like Corvus; and which bypasses Masochism. This got me past that debuff-immune/Safeguard Rhino in RTTL back in the day...
    • He's also got great synergies with Ronin and Havok
    He was my first ever six-star; and I still play with him occasionally - he's my favourite Thing counter, for example.
  • Ryze90Ryze90 Member Posts: 13
    I just got NC as my first 6*....And I'm clueless about using him
  • DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Member Posts: 727 ★★★
    He's in mid tier limbo. He's not weak enough for an overhaul, but not strong enough to be useful. He's just...there