**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Act 6.4.3 Antman micro reflect

Comments

• ThedancingkidThedancingkid Posts: 274 ★★
    You would normally (without glancing) inflict the total of what is reflected onto you and what is actually dealt on him. The damage reflected is a portion of that total.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Kabam are stupid. Not your fault. Also why does aa take damage from domino’s crit failure but old balls doesn’t even though both are immune to aar.

because AA has massive amount of abilitie triggers that are percetange based, many with 0 base chance to trigger. Crit failure in itself has nothing to do with AAR, anytime an ability triggers, if the effect of AAR OR just not rolling high enough will cause a crit failure
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

Kill_Grey said:

HI_guys said:

Kill_Grey said:

HI_guys said:

Kabam are stupid. Not your fault. Also why does aa take damage from domino’s crit failure but old balls doesn’t even though both are immune to aar.

No you're stupid. What does DOMINO'S abilities say? You take damage if an ability failed to trigger. So if you fail to place bleeds then that ability to place a bleed has failed and you'll take dmaage
    So how about the fact that old balls doesn't take crit failure when his passive bleeds fail to trigger? Or how about when he doesn't place bleed debuffs on his SP 2 due to chance?
    As for the AA bleed thing, it should be a bug. I tried against antman and the glancing hits would not place bleeds. It might be because I've heard that in this game glancing is greater than everything.like everything. So if you have guearenteed crit and you glnace , it won't crit.
    That interaction of glancing and crits is actually a separate entity, and it has been discussed extensively in the past. Apparently, cannot crit>guaranteed crits...weird stuff.

As for the ability accuracy interaction, I commend you for actually trying it out, and confirming with me that it's a bug, as I created a thread on this, but got criticized massively for no particular reason even though I was accurate. A champ that has absolute ability accuracy (immune to AAR) should not be affected by "-100% ability accuracy reduction". It's counterintuitive, and it goes against the principle of "cannot>guaranteed" which has been established in this game. My abilities CANNOT fail, so offensive ability accuracy reduction should have absolutely no effect! It is an immunity. It's like saying I'm bleed immune, which is explicitly stated in my abilities, but suddenly Morningstar can bleed me when I hit her. That's stupidity!

I've tested as against Ant-Man, beardo and pyramid X. Fought them countless times, but never did my abilities work as intended. In fact, I decided to confirm if archangel is still AAR immune by dueling one with Claire. I had a point in pacify, and with the way Claire's abilities function. An AAR immune champ would grant me power and Claire charges when I parry them (it's kind of an Easter egg). That aspect worked perfectly as intended, confirming without a doubt that archangel is immune to AAR. But suddenly not against glancing?

Guess what? I decided to try other AAR immune champs against glancing. I used old balls against Ant-Man, and my abilities never failed to trigger. I decided to pay very close attention, and my passive bleeds triggered on a glanced hit, even the bleeds from my SP 2 triggered as intended even when glanced by Ant-Man. Why should archangel be any different?

So many other bugs are underlying in different aspects of the game, not just with archangel. Kabam just decides to ignore these kind of things for whatever stupid reason.
    OML shouldn't place bleeds on glanced hits. If there's a bug present that's the bug not AAs interaction. They've said multiple times that basically glancing supercedes everything.
    That should be incorrect, in all honesty.

Matters on glancing in the past where with regards to guaranteed crits vs. cannot crit. That's not what we're talking about, we're talking about IMMUNITIES. Immunities should be absolute, no matter what they affect.

With regard to your analogy, then a bleed immune champ might as well get bleeds placed on caltrops. Human torch and Colossus should be weak against freezer burn. So many other situations and scenarios shouldn't be what they are, and immunities might as well not even exist.

If we're talking exclusively about ability accuracy reduction immunity, then according to your analogy, then Mysterio would not be a Domino counter; Quake should be able to place concussion on old man Logan; Force of will nodes would be useless; Longshot wouldn't be able to ever parry a black widow; and so many other things which are concerned in that kind of a matter.

Glancing states, among other things, that: the attacker has -100% reduced ability accuracy on a glanced hit. Archangel's description states that: his ability accuracy cannot be decreased by the opponent's abilities.

What does this mean? He is IMMUNE to ability accuracy reduction. That is, as a matter of fact, ABSOLUTE. An immunity should not be bypass-able, unless otherwise stated (like in the case of Blade versus dimensional beings). Glancing does not bypass AAR immunity because it is not stated in it. And it shouldn't be able to, because it makes no sense whatsoever.

Kill_Grey said:

HI_guys said:

Kill_Grey said:

HI_guys said:

No you're stupid. What does DOMINO'S abilities say? You take damage if an ability failed to trigger. So if you fail to place bleeds then that ability to place a bleed has failed and you'll take dmaage
    So how about the fact that old balls doesn't take crit failure when his passive bleeds fail to trigger? Or how about when he doesn't place bleed debuffs on his SP 2 due to chance?
    As for the AA bleed thing, it should be a bug. I tried against antman and the glancing hits would not place bleeds. It might be because I've heard that in this game glancing is greater than everything.like everything. So if you have guearenteed crit and you glnace , it won't crit.
    That interaction of glancing and crits is actually a separate entity, and it has been discussed extensively in the past. Apparently, cannot crit>guaranteed crits...weird stuff.

As for the ability accuracy interaction, I commend you for actually trying it out, and confirming with me that it's a bug, as I created a thread on this, but got criticized massively for no particular reason even though I was accurate. A champ that has absolute ability accuracy (immune to AAR) should not be affected by "-100% ability accuracy reduction". It's counterintuitive, and it goes against the principle of "cannot>guaranteed" which has been established in this game. My abilities CANNOT fail, so offensive ability accuracy reduction should have absolutely no effect! It is an immunity. It's like saying I'm bleed immune, which is explicitly stated in my abilities, but suddenly Morningstar can bleed me when I hit her. That's stupidity!

I've tested as against Ant-Man, beardo and pyramid X. Fought them countless times, but never did my abilities work as intended. In fact, I decided to confirm if archangel is still AAR immune by dueling one with Claire. I had a point in pacify, and with the way Claire's abilities function. An AAR immune champ would grant me power and Claire charges when I parry them (it's kind of an Easter egg). That aspect worked perfectly as intended, confirming without a doubt that archangel is immune to AAR. But suddenly not against glancing?

Guess what? I decided to try other AAR immune champs against glancing. I used old balls against Ant-Man, and my abilities never failed to trigger. I decided to pay very close attention, and my passive bleeds triggered on a glanced hit, even the bleeds from my SP 2 triggered as intended even when glanced by Ant-Man. Why should archangel be any different?

So many other bugs are underlying in different aspects of the game, not just with archangel. Kabam just decides to ignore these kind of things for whatever stupid reason.
    OML shouldn't place bleeds on glanced hits. If there's a bug present that's the bug not AAs interaction. They've said multiple times that basically glancing supercedes everything.
    So yes, following up on my above post. Old man Logan should be able to freely activate his abilities because he's immune to ability accuracy reduction, which is what glancing affects. It should be the same for AA.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    I get what you're saying but that's not how it works or how it's designed to work. They've basically said nothing gets around glancing. Does it make sense? Of course not but that doesn't mean it's a bug, it's just another nonsensical thing built into this game

I get what you're saying but that's not how it works or how it's designed to work. They've basically said nothing gets around glancing. Does it make sense? Of course not but that doesn't mean it's a bug, it's just another nonsensical thing built into this game

Damn it!
    So that means the only solution to that Ant-Man is expert quaking and/or unitman?
    Mysterio being a Domino counter isn't just about his immunity either, it's the fact that he doesn't have any percentage based abilities to begin with. You get crit failure even if the reason an ability doesn't trigger has absolutely nothing to do with Domino to begin with
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,060 ★★★★★
    this game is like a box of chocolates ... you never know what you're gonna get.
    Kill_Grey said:

Damn it!
    So that means the only solution to that Ant-Man is expert quaking and/or unitman?
    blade works, namor works REALLY WELL, because that can reflect that back.
    Kill_Grey said:

Damn it!
    Namor actually works. It probably has something to do with the reflection happening after the hit but he reflects the damage back and doesn't take any himself
    I was pretty sure that he worked but I went and tested on the beta just to be safe before I said so. I couldn't remember if that was who I used or not but thought it was
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    Namor does work. He’s who I used and is probably the best counter to the node overall.
    HI_guys said:

Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

HI_guys said:

Kill_Grey said:

HI_guys said:

That should be incorrect, in all honesty.

Matters on glancing in the past where with regards to guaranteed crits vs. cannot crit. That's not what we're talking about, we're talking about IMMUNITIES. Immunities should be absolute, no matter what they affect.

With regard to your analogy, then a bleed immune champ might as well get bleeds placed on caltrops. Human torch and Colossus should be weak against freezer burn. So many other situations and scenarios shouldn't be what they are, and immunities might as well not even exist.

If we're talking exclusively about ability accuracy reduction immunity, then according to your analogy, then Mysterio would not be a Domino counter; Quake should be able to place concussion on old man Logan; Force of will nodes would be useless; Longshot wouldn't be able to ever parry a black widow; and so many other things which are concerned in that kind of a matter.

Glancing states, among other things, that: the attacker has -100% reduced ability accuracy on a glanced hit. Archangel's description states that: his ability accuracy cannot be decreased by the opponent's abilities.

What does this mean? He is IMMUNE to ability accuracy reduction. That is, as a matter of fact, ABSOLUTE. An immunity should not be bypass-able, unless otherwise stated (like in the case of Blade versus dimensional beings). Glancing does not bypass AAR immunity because it is not stated in it. And it shouldn't be able to, because it makes no sense whatsoever.
    Actually blade can bypass immunities to AAR so immunities are not(especially AAR immunities ) absolute.

Okay I see you've mentioned that. But like wnp said let's just take glancing over everything
    in general immunities are absolute, the only exception currently being AAR immunities in some cases. There is nothing in the game that allows you to bleed or poison a robot for example.
    Lormif said:

Kill_Grey said:

Damn it!
    blade works, namor works REALLY WELL, because that can reflect that back.
    Now I feel happier about that 5* namor I got yesterday. Just that I have to awaken him (even though I've got no gem), and max sig him (no sig stones either).

Well, 2 more years to go, I guess...
  • WhaaaatWhaaaat Posts: 407 ★★★

Stellar said:

Hello Kabam,

I am exploring the act 6 and found something weird about the antman micro reflect node :
    The node that if glancing, antlan reflect a portion of the damage back to the attacker...
    a portion is a small bit, a part of something bigger... well at least this is the definition everybody would give !

I fought antman with voïd to control the power the spite node could give him and died miserably due to the reflected damages.
    I did a video on my second try just to understand how i could so much damage
    When i do 236 damage in its guard he reflects 472 damage !!! 200% of the damages
    When i hit him while fear of the is active he reflect 1856 damage of the 595 i did !! More than 300%

Where is the portion ?!? What is your definition of portion ?
    At least you could have the honesty to write down the reflected damage would equal 2 or 3 times the damages dealt !

I spent unnecessary units on this fight due to your bad explanation of the node

Use magneto he demolishes this fight!
    You have tried it?
    Or you think that it will work?

Because he doesn't work. Ant-Man has spite as well
    Don't say BS if you haven't tried them out first

Kill_Grey said:

Damn it!
    Namor actually works. It probably has something to do with the reflection happening after the hit but he reflects the damage back and doesn't take any himself
    It is because the damage reflected is not based on the hit itself, but based on the attack window for attacking.
    HI_guys said:

Lormif said:

Kill_Grey said:

Damn it!
    It is because the damage reflected is not based on the hit itself, but based on the attack window for attacking.
    But even if it didn't or if they change it in the future we would have to just accept the fact that it's becausebof glancing
    I dont understand this statement in any way. Glancing only affects triggers on attacks, not other abilities that happen around that same time.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    I used Quake for this fight, its a nasty one without her.

I used Quake for this fight

Color me shocked
    HI_guys said:

Lormif said:

HI_guys said:

Lormif said:

Kill_Grey said:

Damn it!
    But even if it didn't or if they change it in the future we would have to just accept the fact that it's becausebof glancing
    I dont understand this statement in any way. Glancing only affects triggers on attacks, not other abilities that happen around that same time.
    It makes as much as sense as how champs who are immune to AAR are affected by AAR
    champs who are immune to AAR are not affected by AAR unless the champs abilities says it can bypass it or it is a bug, so again I dont understand your statements.
    Lormif said:

HI_guys said:

Lormif said:

HI_guys said:

Lormif said:

Kill_Grey said:

Damn it!
    It makes as much as sense as how champs who are immune to AAR are affected by AAR
    champs who are immune to AAR are not affected by AAR unless the champs abilities says it can bypass it or it is a bug, so again I dont understand your statements.
    He's saying that glancing should work in the same way.
    Kill_Grey said:

Lormif said:

HI_guys said:

Lormif said:

HI_guys said:

Lormif said:

Kill_Grey said:

Damn it!
    im saying it does. Glancing has multiple components,
    1) prevent crits, This is NOT AAR, this is jsut a prevention thing
    2) lowers AAR

You can be affected by 1, without being affected by 2.
    Lormif said:

Kill_Grey said:

Lormif said:

HI_guys said:

Lormif said:

HI_guys said:

Lormif said:

Kill_Grey said:

Damn it!
    2) lowers AAR

That's exactly what I'm talking about. Archangel shouldn't be affected by no. 2, but he has been since this new update.
    HI_guys said:

Lormif said:

Kill_Grey said:

Lormif said:

HI_guys said:

Lormif said:

HI_guys said:

Lormif said:

Kill_Grey said:

Damn it!
    2) lowers AAR

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't someone say glancing can affect AAR of AAR immune champs?
    no. Someone is confusing a potential, but not confirmed bug with AA and glancing.
  • DemenXCDemenXC Posts: 41
    This Antman was terrible , I managed to solo him with Black Widow DO

https://youtu.be/LI31d3YY6lI