**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

So I am stuck in masochism- 5.2.4

Midnite93Midnite93 Posts: 4,180 ★★★★★
I hate to say it but I got brutally destroyed in 5.2.4 lines of the sand chapter. Add to that I got ambushed by cable and Yellow jacket many times. What kind of champs are the best counters to masochism? I only have a proxima but her parries eat her health quite a lot. I will be here for a while as a rite of passage that we all go through.

Comments

• Options
    manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    its harder than bane so yeah i was stuck too but i got sunspot he carried me
  • Options
    Midnite93 said:

its harder than bane so yeah i was stuck too but i got sunspot he carried me

Healing is crazy here @manveerthereal sunspot deals a lot of damage yes but also the debuffs heal the opponents like crazy. Would he be able to outdamage the healing? I don't have him but if I get him as 5 or 6 star I will surely take him up here.
    yes my 4 star sunspot got me though it he also did a lot of work for the rest of uncollected
  • Options
    and can i see your roster?
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Midnite93 said:

and can i see your roster?

Yes I will I am short on isos though so rankups are slow for now
    yeah getting iso sucked at your level but 4 star dupes are the way
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    There isn’t a real counter. Just use someone who doesn’t give a lot of debuffs like hyperion with only sp2. The fights will be long but that is just how it is
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    Midnite93 said:

Crcrcrc said:

There isn’t a real counter. Just use someone who doesn’t give a lot of debuffs like hyperion with only sp2. The fights will be long but that is just how it is

I understand @Crcrcrc if I explore act 5 this is the last place I will be in
    Same. I will not be exploring that for a long time
  • Options
    @Midnite93 For the Villains you have a solid answer, the Blade Trinity. I still to this day utilize Blade in AQ Map 5 section 2 for the 1st Masochism nodes when Dorm, Morningstar, Magik, and Ghost Rider reside there (I don't bring GR or Dorm as my 3rd though because I run the Poison path thereafter). Masochism is the 1st hard noggin knocker you experience in Act 5. 5.2.4 was a massive thorn in my side when I 1st encountered it.

So, you can either rely on AAR from Danger Sense when it's doable with Blade and Unit-man the rest where it's not doable, OR there's the other way. Intercepts. Avoid Parry like the Plague and champs that naturally deal Debuffs. It takes time to learn, but it'll eventually become a necessity down the road. No time better to learn than the present! Passives are your best friends when dealing with Buffet & Masochism. Passive Damage or Stuns > Debuffs for Masochism, Passive Abilities > Buffs when dealing with Buffet.

Remember, energy is essentially free if you're patient. Exit out if you get rolled too early and try again. Don't push your way through with resources if you can avoid it. Practice Intercepts in Arena til your timing is razor sharp, then try 5.2.4 again using solely intercepts. You can also try turning off Parry for 5.2.4 if your block timing is too ingrained. That way you don't accidentally Stun them and give them Health.
  • Options
    Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    Sentinel, Hulk Rags, Mysterio, and Warlock can counter healing. Just note that you need to reset the Masochism timer with a parry or something before firing Sentinel/Hulk Rag’s sp1 or it’ll get eaten.
  • Options
    UnidentifiedCreatureUnidentifiedCreature Posts: 589 ★★★
    You can use Blade with the Ghost Rider synergy, Warlock, and I think you can bring in either Sentinel, Corvus Glaive or Sorcerer Supreme, depending on which one you can play better.
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Rank up warlock man
  • Options
    Shamir51Shamir51 Posts: 849 ★★★★
    I remember when I first encountered masochism in act 5, I brute force my way through it with corvus. Yes the parry will give some healing, but he hits hard enough that you can play around it. If you don’t have missions, just chuck a couple of boosts on.

As for counters, AA with neurotoxins shuts masochism down.

As you don’t have AA, just play around it using high damage dealing champions.