**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

My experience exploring cavalier difficulty (plus my thoughts on the rewards)

Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

After exploring variant 3, I got a little bored because AQ week was over, and war season hasn't started yet. There wasn't really much to do, because I had also achieved all the arena milestones that I usually go for. I had also explored uncollected and master mode (don't really care about heroic). And I still remain at a dead end at the Champion boss in act 6.
I'm addition to the above, I had done my first clear of cavalier difficulty (4* challenge), and I told myself I wasn't going to explore it because of how demoralizing and unit-diminishing it was! Nevertheless, in the spirit of boredom, I decided to go against my resolve and continue with cavalier difficulty! Fast forward to the present (about 3 days from when I started exploring), and I've already finished it!

It all started because I wanted tier 2 alpha frags to rank 5 my Claire, and also wanted somewhere with reasonable healthpools to test out my Guilly. Decided to go in the power technician quest to open her up. Before I knew it, I had the whole quest 100%! After that, I decided to continue on with the journey.

Here's the breakdown (not necessarily the order I explored). Also, I'm not going to talk about my completion run because it was all 4*s, and extremely stressful:

Chapter 1
Quest 1- polka dot power:
I didn't have a champ that could benefit from the class node, so I decided to wing it with Guilly and Ghost. Turns out that ghost's awakened ability allows her to gain power due to her phasing notwithstanding the node. I would ramp up Guilly on a path fight, and use her for the boss. No items spent in this one. By the way, I used my 4* Doom for the Aarkus fight because my Claire was in AQ at the time, and I was a little bit impatient, lol. The warlock boss was an easy solo for Guilly every time.

Quest 2- diss track:
I decided to cheese the whole quest with my 4* Torch. Used Claire for the boss. The Hyperion and mephisto fights I used my 5* Void to handle. A few potions spent here, no revives. Nick fury synergy involved

Chapter 2
Quest 1- kinetic transference (I think):
G2099 for the whole thing including the boss! She didn't benefit from the node because her prefight causes power burn not power drain. Wasn't remotely a problem as she demolished the whole thing without any revives! (Maybe 1?) Easy peasy. I believe I used Nick synergy here as well.

Quest 2- Buffed up:
Angela destroyed this quest! Used her for the paths toward the bottom, no items. For the upper paths that had spiked armor and turtling, I brought my CMM and my 4* hype. Spent revives on those 2 unfortunately (Mysterio and yondu were problematic). Throughout the whole quest, I used my 4* torch for the prof X boss. Easy solo everytime. Nick Fury synergy was utilised.

Chapter 3
Quest 1- Biohazard:
Team used was: Ghost, Claire, Guilly, 5* archangel and 4* archangel (yes, 2 AA's).
Didn't need to benefit from the global, Guilly ridiculed the whole thing! Ghost handled the evaders, and can't remember if I used Claire for any fight. The big, bad Magik boss was handled by AA, solo half of the time! When the 5* was unable, the 4* would finish up. No revives spent here.

Quest 2- Personal space:
Yup, the final quest. Claire decimated it! Used Guilly for the minibosses to ramp her up, then fought the final boss with her and soloed half of the time. Whenever she was unable due to my scrubbiness. My synergised ghost was there on backup to finish up.
The most problematic fight was Terrax, simply because I suck at fighting him. Died with Claire because I stupidly tried to counter his SP 1 with my heavy. Also stupidly went in with ghost and died again. Used a revive to beat him with Claire, then got to apocalypse and died with my Guilly (scrubbiness as I said). Had to revive Ghost to finish him up.
That was the only hitch, the other attempts were itemless. The last path I took was the power sting path, where I brought my archangel because I overestimated the damage (not too bad, just about 10% health for each sting). Soloed big boy apocalypse with Guilly to end the sweet run in a high note!

Thoughts: I feel the rewards are good overall. I know a lot have complained about them, but I feel they're worthwhile for the level of challenge it provides. Maybe I feel like this because of my relatively "low level" cavalier status, but I still like them.

Disclaimer: Full Suicides were used throughout. Every mention of Nick refers to my 3* (the only one I had at the time) and I paired him with xforce and my 4* quake for the evade charges (didn't use her).

Overall, I spent about 10 revives or less. The potions were the ones from farming RoL, and no energy refills were used (because I had literally none, and decided to take it slow).

The extra stuff will be posted below:

Comments

• Options
    Man, this took a really long time to get approved, lol
  • Options
    SneakyWarriorSneakyWarrior Posts: 853 ★★★★
    congrats on nick and thanks for the review.
  • Options

congrats on nick and thanks for the review.

Not a problem, bud. Basically to encourage newer cavs who might think it's too much of a challenge, and have the notion they need an ultra-wide roster for exploration.

Also, I am very happy about the Nick Fury 😁. I have all his synergies as 5*s and up, and I can finally take the X-force one into act 6 to counter Suicides!

Although, I kind of wish I got him just before I maxed coagulate yesterday...
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,180 ★★★★★
    The 6 Star is underwhelming to said alest shuld has ben 7.5k. In my eys the rest is okay I’m gouse
  • Options
    Gamer said:

The 6 Star is underwhelming to said alest shuld has ben 7.5k. In my eys the rest is okay I’m gouse

Actually quite satisfied with the amount of 6* shards. Between this, uncollected, war season, side quests. It all balances out.
  • Options
    Kill_Grey said:

Gamer said:

Actually quite satisfied with the amount of 6* shards. Between this, uncollected, war season, side quests. It all balances out.
    Yes im taking a break for war session. Not worth det headache but regardless it good u like it reaone I’m wil like it to be 7.5k is so u can get a 6 shard just from the EQ and don’t count the side because this month side event is crazy good
  • Options
    Gamer said:

Kill_Grey said:

Gamer said:

Yes im taking a break for war session. Not worth det headache but regardless it good u like it reaone I’m wil like it to be 7.5k is so u can get a 6 shard just from the EQ and don’t count the side because this month side event is crazy good
    Oh yeah, I see why you mean.
    I guess 7,500 units from cavalier and 2,500 from uncollected would count towards a fully formed at the end of the day.
    We just have to wait and see how the rewards will turn out later on.

Also yeah, war is pretty stressful.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Gamer said:

Kill_Grey said:

Gamer said:

Rewards were stated to be balanced between the Cav EQ and legendary side event. With that I'd expect 6* shards to be somewhat consistent in the side events
  • Options
    Very impressive.

I got around to doing cav difficulty myself this week, and found it really fun. Finished off the 4* challenge (one revive) and am one path away from full explore. Here are my teams:

Quest 1:
    4* challenge : modok path : Gwenpool, mags, void, AA, medusa. AA for modok, gwenpool reks the rest. Mags for boss, medusa s backup.
    Normal exploration: Nick for everything, fairly easy. Doom for aarkus, and r5 mags for boss.

Quest2:
    4* challenge: Void, KM (not r5), HT, Hyperion, heimdall. Took life transfer. HT and Void demolish it easily
    Normal exploration : Capiw, warlock, void, HT, Doom. Easy exploration with this team.

Quest3:
    4* challenge: Took the abomb lane. Sentinel, HT, Medusa Hyperion rulk. HT one shot SW boss.
    5* challenge : G99 warlock Namor, void hyperion. Venom switched for namor when needed. Korg was annoying but rest were easy, no revives.

QUest 4:
    4* challenge: Mags Hype venom HT Sentinel Took the mysterio lane. Hype was awesome for this, so was venom. Mags destroyed the annoying metal guys. HT one shot ProfX
    normal exploration : my r5 hype and venom destroyed everything. I used my r5 colo for that domino, he gets powergain if his AA is reduced which destroyed her quick. HT one shot ProfX everytime.

Quest5:
    4* challenge: Mags Sentinel Blade Spark AA
    Took a mixture of the bottom lanes which were the easiest. Magik was annoying. Used my first revive on magik to finish her with AA
    Normal exploration: Blade omega AA HT Colo. Omega and colo make the lanes a joke. Blade usually one shotted magik.

Quest6:
    4* challenge: DS Voodoo Sentinel IMIW Vision AOU.
    Took the nebula lane. DS had long fights ( messed up with voodoo early), but reached apoc boss with 3 members living (the three techs). Vision AOU did great! Took out 75% with him alone, over 400ish hits. IMIW killed the rest to finish off the 4* challenge with one revive.
    5* challenge : G99 Doom SorcSup Namor warlock.
    Been using g99 ( on one fight to build her up) and remaianing with doom. G99 one shots boss everytime, has been fairly easy, im surprised.

Overall, fun piece of content, but the fights do take a while. Wish rewards felt a little more meaty, but its alright. Fun content though.
  • Options

Very impressive.

I got around to doing cav difficulty myself this week, and found it really fun. Finished off the 4* challenge (one revive) and am one path away from full explore. Here are my teams:

Quest 1:
    4* challenge : modok path : Gwenpool, mags, void, AA, medusa. AA for modok, gwenpool reks the rest. Mags for boss, medusa s backup.
    Normal exploration: Nick for everything, fairly easy. Doom for aarkus, and r5 mags for boss.

Quest2:
    4* challenge: Void, KM (not r5), HT, Hyperion, heimdall. Took life transfer. HT and Void demolish it easily
    Normal exploration : Capiw, warlock, void, HT, Doom. Easy exploration with this team.

Quest3:
    4* challenge: Took the abomb lane. Sentinel, HT, Medusa Hyperion rulk. HT one shot SW boss.
    5* challenge : G99 warlock Namor, void hyperion. Venom switched for namor when needed. Korg was annoying but rest were easy, no revives.

QUest 4:
    4* challenge: Mags Hype venom HT Sentinel Took the mysterio lane. Hype was awesome for this, so was venom. Mags destroyed the annoying metal guys. HT one shot ProfX
    normal exploration : my r5 hype and venom destroyed everything. I used my r5 colo for that domino, he gets powergain if his AA is reduced which destroyed her quick. HT one shot ProfX everytime.

Quest5:
    Took a mixture of the bottom lanes which were the easiest. Magik was annoying. Used my first revive on magik to finish her with AA
    Normal exploration: Blade omega AA HT Colo. Omega and colo make the lanes a joke. Blade usually one shotted magik.

Quest6:
    Took the nebula lane. DS had long fights ( messed up with voodoo early), but reached apoc boss with 3 members living (the three techs). Vision AOU did great! Took out 75% with him alone, over 400ish hits. IMIW killed the rest to finish off the 4* challenge with one revive.
    Been using g99 ( on one fight to build her up) and remaianing with doom. G99 one shots boss everytime, has been fairly easy, im surprised.

Overall, fun piece of content, but the fights do take a while. Wish rewards felt a little more meaty, but its alright. Fun content though.

Nice! My 4* challenge was extremely expensive unfortunately. That's why I didn't even mention it, lol. But exploration really made everything worthwhile. Good thing it wasn't as much of a slugfest as first clear. Not even close!

I also forgot to add something. I forgot about that modok in quest 1. I actually used my archangel for him.
  • Options
    Kill_Grey said:

Very impressive.

Quest 1:

Quest2:

Quest3:

QUest 4:

Quest5:

Quest6:

Nice! My 4* challenge was extremely expensive unfortunately. That's why I didn't even mention it, lol. But exploration really made everything worthwhile. Good thing it wasn't as much of a slugfest as first clear. Not even close!

I also forgot to add something. I forgot about that modok in quest 1. I actually used my archangel for him.
    i have about 20 r5 4*, luckily they did great for the cav difficulty. When i was unlucky and had bad pulls, i used for 4* to clear variants. Glad they came of use here. Only 2 r5 4* rankups were recent, mags ( to play around with him before ranking the 5*) and HT ( was planning on doing my last abyss path with him, before i luckily got the 5*).
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

Gamer said:

Kill_Grey said:

Gamer said:

Rewards were stated to be balanced between the Cav EQ and legendary side event. With that I'd expect 6* shards to be somewhat consistent in the side events
    I am waiting for the Labs like side-event with treasure island rewards and then all hell will break loose on the forums :D
    Oh God. There's so few of us that actually like the lab events already. I can't imagine how bad the next one will be here
  • Options
    Speaking of taking Claire to rank 5...

Many thanks to cavalier difficulty, treasure island, AQ glory and the last little bit of t2 alpha fragments from these new, amazing solo event rewards!
  • Options
    But the cav over is definitely not bad at all I’m just hopeful if the side event keep the 6 star shard to if not I’m wil be bom one it. Haven’t Hav time to do the uc this mouch so wil lose out one 2.5k simepl the time. Is just got less for me