**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Some champs not being released as 5*s

bufc3guis2hl.jpg

So buried at the bottom of the 5* crystal changes post was the above piece of info. Could it be clarified a little? Does it mean that Strange, Widow, other, etc will eventually be released? Or does it mean that they simply will never have a 5* version?

Comments

• JSnookJSnook Posts: 219
    That's the best you're going to get, unfortunately. It covers them, if in the future they do decide to release them.
  • StavelotXoteStavelotXote Posts: 231
    Basically I read it as the latter. They don't want to risk possibly having more overpowered (in their eyes) champs as 5* variants. You'd think after this prior "tuning", they'd be fine with it. But I think they won't because they do not want to risk having the same thing occur again.

One could argue most of these changes made them shells of their former selves, but Kabam probably doesn't want to take the chance. Hopefully this may result in a slight rollback to some of the changes that made DS so underwhelming.
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    It's funny sw, bw, dr (although not op) thor.

It's funny because hyperion, voodoo, mordo and dormammu are way op compared to them.
  • JSnookJSnook Posts: 219
    Draco2199 wrote: »
    It's funny sw, bw, dr (although not op) thor.

It's funny because hyperion, voodoo, mordo and dormammu are way op compared to them.

Agreed, since V12.0, there are several champions I would rate over SW, BW, DS and Thor at this point. You mentioned only a select few. So that is funny they won't put them in the 5* crystal.
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    Scarlet Witch, Thor, Dr. Strange, Black Widow, Wolverine, Vision AoU, Cap WW2

Who else is missing? Those are some pretty decent champs.
  • Hi, just another point... Since 5* can be dup until the 200... Maybe their habilities as 5* might been able to bypass some of the high end challenges
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    Ww2 cap will be included same with AoU vision. Og vision is a def no. Bw sux compared to pre 12.0 version but the others I agree. Oh and red dp....never will be included.
  • ImmortalImmortal Posts: 323 ★★
    ★ MS MARVEL ★

She's missing from the announcement... She's definitely much nicer to look at! Since cap and ms. are exactly the same, hopefully they release some sort of glamour /outfit system for us to choose between the two reskin......❤

• SkyRattlersSkyRattlers Posts: 56
    Any chance we can get an official statement on this from the mods?
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    They will never release a 5* SW. A 4/55 SW wouldn't get killed by challenger rating and she would actually regen again.
  • NebulaNebula Posts: 163
    Also means no abomination so I'm happy
  • Time_to_clobberTime_to_clobber Posts: 119
    I posted this in a different thread but here is the full list of chars not getting 5* version:

Abomination
    Black Bolt
    Black Widow
    Captain America WWII
    Daredevil (Netflix)
    Dr. Strange
    Electro
    Joe Fix-it
    Magneto Marvel Now
    Ms. Marvel
    Scarlet Witch
    Thor
    The Vision
    War Machine
    Wolverine

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/298/list-of-champs-that-wont-get-5-version#latest
  • GohmaGohma Posts: 32
    Go figure that Kabam wont give us these champs but are sure to put them in AQ and quests as 5/65s.
  • FalseOracleFalseOracle Posts: 148
    It's really not fair that the game can use 5/65 champions but we can't.

Since we can only cap out at 4/55, the game shouldn't be able to go any higher than that either.