**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

6.1.6 CAUSTIC TEMPER, SHE HULK FURY NOT COUNTING ... WHY?

DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,060 ★★★★★
edited September 2020 in Bugs and Known Issues
Please explain this to me. I've attached images of what her damage is on the node and what her damage is without the node which is what it SHOULD be as her Fury is active.

I also included Hyperion's fury damage that is just fine. But when I bring a Science champion in whose damage is not capped and has Fury you'd think it would at least be comparable but NOPE .. she's registering NO DAMAGE with or without Fury.

I took her on this fight specifically to counter this node but it is NOT behaving the way the node suggests it should.

Can I please find an answer to why this is the case for She Hulk? @Kabam Miike

Comments

• OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★
    She Hulk’s furies are passive, Caustic Temper requires fury buffs
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    passives are not buffs.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,060 ★★★★★
    BRUHHHHHHH!!!! GET THE HELL OUT WITH THIS GAME MAN.
    Lormif said:

passives are not buffs.

listen i enjoy this game lol but this kind of BS is just ... it's ridiculous man. passives, debuffs, buffs, but not when it's AAR etc or whatever ...

thanks guys ... but that's a bunch of poop man. it really is.
  • There’s a difference in an active buff/debuff and a passive buff/debuff.

The easiest way to tell whether a buff is active/passive is by the icon itself - passives tend to be a bit brighter and don’t have an outline. Look at the icon of Namor/CapIW/SheHulk’s fury buffs and compare them to regular CMM/Hulk/Aegon’s furies and you’ll see they look different. It’s the same sea with all different types of buff/debuff.

Gulk activates his Face Me when on the receiving end of a passive bleed for example, but not from a regular bleed.

It’s an important nuance when you get deeper into exploring the more niche elements of the game. If you need a fury buff and don’t have the usual counters, Heimdall and Angela/Hela (I think) have a synergy to give you a permanent fury buff.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    Is something that is in the game since it's beginning.
    Buffs and debuffs are active abilities, and therefore they can't be passive abilities. Additionally, "passive buffs/debuffs" are not a thing, so it's better not to think about it that way, in order to avoid misunderstandings in the future
    Mauled said:

There’s a difference in an active buff/debuff and a passive buff/debuff.

The easiest way to tell whether a buff is active/passive is by the icon itself - passives tend to be a bit brighter and don’t have an outline. Look at the icon of Namor/CapIW/SheHulk’s fury buffs and compare them to regular CMM/Hulk/Aegon’s furies and you’ll see they look different. It’s the same sea with all different types of buff/debuff.

Gulk activates his Face Me when on the receiving end of a passive bleed for example, but not from a regular bleed.

It’s an important nuance when you get deeper into exploring the more niche elements of the game. If you need a fury buff and don’t have the usual counters, Heimdall and Angela/Hela (I think) have a synergy to give you a permanent fury buff.

ahhhh very good info man ... never gave much attention to colors. appreciate the insight.
  • CiciliatoCiciliato Posts: 302
    She-Hulk can work too with Man-Thing synergy and parry heavy or others like Warlock/Ultron
    Ciciliato said:

She-Hulk can work too with Man-Thing synergy and parry heavy or others like Warlock/Ultron

i just caked it with Heimdall and Hela. but it's still just a stupid, stupid fine print thing with all this passive, non passive stuff that you have to make note of.