**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Christmas Gifting Event NOT RETURNING??!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    arksarks Posts: 25
    it will be gifting but with ticketing system , so like 99.99 usd youll have 15 tickets that you may use to send gift for 15 times
  • Options
    DarkSoulDLXDarkSoulDLX Posts: 676 ★★★
    edited October 2020
    I don't think they are making any speculations so cheaters may not prepare
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    I'll bet you the gifting event itself will stay since it's been around so long and makes Kabam a lot of cash. But I have a feeling the reward structure itself will change due to the problems the event's had in recent years.
  • Options
    Hope it still happens. Still would like a Kang or Thanos for the collection.
  • Options
    relliKraDrelliKraD Posts: 43
    I think the easiest solution would just be to remove the ranked rewards. If the top alliances aren't fighting over that top spot that will curb alot of the fraudulent purchases/shady tactics they always pull on each other
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★

I just wish we could get some clarification from Kabam, just a yes that the Gifting badge will return in Dec would be enough for me tbh!!

They probably will, it makes them tons of money.
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

Crcrcrc said:

I just wish we could get some clarification from Kabam, just a yes that the Gifting badge will return in Dec would be enough for me tbh!!

It doesn't make them enough to be worth it with the amount of fraud they have to deal with.
    That's why several YouTubers and ccp members have said its not coming back in the last fea weeks in vids and on livestreams.
    Oh it's enough to be worth it. The amount of money they make is ridiculous. Either way, I think the best solution would be to remove ranked rewards to stop the frauds. Gifting itself has been around since the beginning, and I don't think it's going to be removed when there are clear and simple solutions.
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

Crcrcrc said:

It doesn't make them enough to be worth it with the amount of fraud they have to deal with.
    That's why several YouTubers and ccp members have said its not coming back in the last fea weeks in vids and on livestreams.
    Oh it's enough to be worth it. The amount of money they make is ridiculous. Either way, I think the best solution would be to remove ranked rewards to stop the frauds. Gifting itself has been around since the beginning, and I don't think it's going to be removed when there are clear and simple solutions.
    Ranked is the main way it makes money. Insane rewards for limitless spending. Otherwise, they only spend until the milestones end. They got like a million bucks in 2 weeks. It will come back, exactly the same
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

I'm also curious about how you're sticking around for one Event a year, that lasts a few weeks.

I have farmed units on my alt all year for the last 3 years running, the Gifting Event has always been my favourite time of the mcoc year. What kept me around in 2019 was Silver Surfer coming (my fav Marvel creation) and that was a disappointing result overall. Gifting gave me FOUR 5* mutant gems from a 4 A.gem crystal pop (I was not happy at the time as had no mutants but pulled 3 decent ones this year thankfully!) I just love the event and season, I don't care who wins as I am not a spender these days (maybe a unit card at Christmas lol) I just like the unit hoarding target at years end and that everyone has equal chance at Kang/Thanos and some tasty rewards :)
    So you look forward to boosting your Main all year? Is that what you're saying? Lol.
    whats there to LOL about? a player other than you has a different set of motivations. that's his/her choice. no need to laugh at why someone else may or may not play the game. geez
    Well, it's laughable because the OP indicated the only reason they play is to look forward to the Event, and that they prepare on their Alts all year long. That energy would be much better served just working on their Main. The argument doesn't add up.
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Calculate rank rewards by removing all withdrawn members. Doesn’t this solve 90% of issues?
  • Options
    GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    Still would really like to know this. If it happens I`m going to ask for Googleplay cards for christmas. If not. I`m going to ask for something else. Really hope we can get a confirmation.
  • Options
    GardenerGardener Posts: 1,601 ★★★
    I don't care if theres a gifting event or not but i want a fun christmas event
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I got a bunch of good champions with the gifting event last year so I would like it to stay. My alliances are always in the 1% anyways but certainly no where close to the top 10 so it could only help my account.
  • Options
    If gifting is the only reason you're playing, why're you playing?
  • Options
    Wildblue333Wildblue333 Posts: 403 ★★
    I got my first 2 six stars (Aegon and Colossus) out of Last years gifting. I would like to see it remain but I understand that there was fraud and wrong doing with it. I think we will still see something and hopefully won't be able to abused like the gifting event was.