Summoners, due to a technical issue, this week's series of Alliance Quests will be cancelled at 4pm PT. There will not be any Rewards for this series. The next series of Alliance Quests will start on April 18 at 12pm PT. We will be assessing the impact on Alliances and compensating accordingly, as well as returning Alliance Tickets.

About Supreme Solo Crystal (subjective view)

ReferenceReference Posts: 1,786 ★★★★
After a week of pulling over 30s Supreme Solo Crystal, my thoughts are:

- Kabam respond to the community’s complain about XP boost after level 60 by offering alternative solo crystal, at significantly higher cost (2,000 greater solo vs 10,000 supreme solo);
- Instead of XP boost, now there is an overflow of health/power boost (eg 10% health boost);
- For those saying it’s great to have T5B and T2A shards, please notice the drop rate is 1%. You better hope for rain in desert;
- Display for number of crystal available is ruined after such update, although I know it means the crystal shards are now interchangeable among 3 solo crystals. The number now means “max number of basic solo crystal available” instead of number of different crystals available;
- Sometimes I don’t quite understand the word “improvement” means, especially from Kabam perspectives. Whenever they give up something, they raise the cost, and use RNG, so as to minimise those “ favours” as much as possible. I’m really confused. Why not simply improve the greater solo crystal?

Comments

  • AztecAztec Posts: 266 ★★
    already got t5b several times lol, les than 100 supreme crystal
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 1,786 ★★★★
    edited September 2020

    I like them. Hard to complain about an upgrade. And those of us that do high tier alliance war, those boosts are HUGE. Don’t even get me started. And the t5b and t2a drops are small but it’s okay. The numbers thing means nothing.

    I have a lot of them, but haven’t opened them, I’ll be saving them for the aw season.

    By offering new crystal, players forget about their original request: reform the greater solo crystal.

    That’s president Trup’s favourite deal tactic: if you are low in a game set, quit and create your own set.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 1,786 ★★★★


    Pre-condition: I don’t have any T4CC trade-in crystal.

    What’s that “9” means?
    - you can pull 9 crystals in total?
    - you can pull 9 solo crystals?
    - how’s that “9” came up?
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 1,786 ★★★★
    Aztec said:

    already got t5b several times lol, les than 100 supreme crystal

    Not strange and I congratulate your good luck on standalone basis. Just like I also got T1A from Greater Solo, after uncountable pulls. It’s only strange if many players come to say they got T5b several times.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 6,703 ★★★★★
    Reference said:

    I like them. Hard to complain about an upgrade. And those of us that do high tier alliance war, those boosts are HUGE. Don’t even get me started. And the t5b and t2a drops are small but it’s okay. The numbers thing means nothing.

    I have a lot of them, but haven’t opened them, I’ll be saving them for the aw season.

    By offering new crystal, players forget about their original request: reform the greater solo crystal.

    That’s president Trup’s favourite deal tactic: if you are low in a game set, quit and create your own set.
    Would you rather Apple updated the iPhone 6 forever or created a new better iPhone yearly?
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 1,786 ★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

    Reference said:

    I like them. Hard to complain about an upgrade. And those of us that do high tier alliance war, those boosts are HUGE. Don’t even get me started. And the t5b and t2a drops are small but it’s okay. The numbers thing means nothing.

    I have a lot of them, but haven’t opened them, I’ll be saving them for the aw season.

    By offering new crystal, players forget about their original request: reform the greater solo crystal.

    That’s president Trup’s favourite deal tactic: if you are low in a game set, quit and create your own set.
    Would you rather Apple updated the iPhone 6 forever or created a new better iPhone yearly?
    So would you rather Apple created a new iPhone shortly after launching a new iOS that drag down your existing iPhone performance? Or fix the iOS instead?
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 6,703 ★★★★★
    Reference said:

    Crcrcrc said:

    Reference said:

    I like them. Hard to complain about an upgrade. And those of us that do high tier alliance war, those boosts are HUGE. Don’t even get me started. And the t5b and t2a drops are small but it’s okay. The numbers thing means nothing.

    I have a lot of them, but haven’t opened them, I’ll be saving them for the aw season.

    By offering new crystal, players forget about their original request: reform the greater solo crystal.

    That’s president Trup’s favourite deal tactic: if you are low in a game set, quit and create your own set.
    Would you rather Apple updated the iPhone 6 forever or created a new better iPhone yearly?
    So would you rather Apple created a new iPhone shortly after launching a new iOS that drag down your existing iPhone performance? Or fix the iOS instead?
    That isn’t what is happening. The greater crystals got a slight update and Kabam came out with the newer, better supreme ones which actually give good rewards for barely any effort to get them. I played for maybe an hour on hero use with a 6* in beginner event quest, and got 3 of them. That wasn’t even why I was doing beginner! It is easy free rewards
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 1,786 ★★★★
    edited September 2020
    Crcrcrc said:

    Reference said:

    Crcrcrc said:

    Reference said:

    I like them. Hard to complain about an upgrade. And those of us that do high tier alliance war, those boosts are HUGE. Don’t even get me started. And the t5b and t2a drops are small but it’s okay. The numbers thing means nothing.

    I have a lot of them, but haven’t opened them, I’ll be saving them for the aw season.

    By offering new crystal, players forget about their original request: reform the greater solo crystal.

    That’s president Trup’s favourite deal tactic: if you are low in a game set, quit and create your own set.
    Would you rather Apple updated the iPhone 6 forever or created a new better iPhone yearly?
    So would you rather Apple created a new iPhone shortly after launching a new iOS that drag down your existing iPhone performance? Or fix the iOS instead?
    That isn’t what is happening. The greater crystals got a slight update and Kabam came out with the newer, better supreme ones which actually give good rewards for barely any effort to get them. I played for maybe an hour on hero use with a 6* in beginner event quest, and got 3 of them. That wasn’t even why I was doing beginner! It is easy free rewards
    I suppose you’re not new to the forum and I think you forget the discussion in General Feedback Forum. One of the discussions there were talking about reform greater solo crystals and replace the XP boost with something better. That isn’t what you mentioning.

    Free rewards? That’s definitely wrong as you are getting shards from meeting milestones.

    Besides, I’m not talking about whether it is easy to get shards or not. Getting shards is not an issue for me. Two separate concepts.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 1,786 ★★★★
    Reference said:



    Pre-condition: I don’t have any T4CC trade-in crystal.

    What’s that “9” means?
    - you can pull 9 crystals in total?
    - you can pull 9 solo crystals?
    - how’s that “9” came up?

    Instead of hitting disagree on a question, let’s provide explanation if you really disagree, otherwise I dunno what you are disagreeing about a question. Do you mean I shouldn’t ask a question?
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 1,786 ★★★★

    Reference said:

    Reference said:



    Pre-condition: I don’t have any T4CC trade-in crystal.

    What’s that “9” means?
    - you can pull 9 crystals in total?
    - you can pull 9 solo crystals?
    - how’s that “9” came up?

    Instead of hitting disagree on a question, let’s provide explanation if you really disagree, otherwise I dunno what you are disagreeing about a question. Do you mean I shouldn’t ask a question?
    You can open six solo crystals or three greater solo crystals, but for some reason or the other the game is adding it up and displaying it as 9 as in 6+3=9, I have no idea whether it's intended or it's another bug, either way it's not really a huge concern
    Thanks. Obviously a bug if your explanation is correct, as Greater Solo and Solo shards are two separate shard before the “upgrade”, now they are interchangeable yet Kabam didn’t alter the crystal count logic.
  • Shamir51Shamir51 Posts: 612 ★★★
    Reference said:



    Pre-condition: I don’t have any T4CC trade-in crystal.

    What’s that “9” means?
    - you can pull 9 crystals in total?
    - you can pull 9 solo crystals?
    - how’s that “9” came up?

    Post a pic of your T4CC please.

    6 of the 9 is due to the fact that you can, if you wish to do so, open 6 solo crystals. My guess is that you have 3 classes where you have a minimum of 3 T4CC and this is counted in “theoretical” crystals available in that tab. You may also have 1 class with 9 catalysts- same difference.

    All irrelevant if you have no T4CC at all though.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 1,941 ★★★★
    Dude not sure why you are complaining. These crystals are pretty good.

    The update to the solo event was great. You can now finish hero use, level up and arena wins so much faster. The rewards are great. 2/3/4/5 sig stones, t2a and t5b. More gold and still getting potions revives and units. What more can you ask for??? Real money? Smfh

    The supreme crystal has good drop rates. You need boosts for war? They drop, you need arena boosts to finish faster? They drop, need XP boosts? They still drop in the lower crystals. I opened 30 and pulled a good amount of things I wanted. Much better than when I had to open my hoarded 500+ lesser and greater ones.

    Stop finding everything to complain about and let them know they did a good job with the crystal and the update.
  • Petusko2811Petusko2811 Posts: 36
    Reference said:

    Crcrcrc said:

    Reference said:

    Crcrcrc said:

    Reference said:

    I like them. Hard to complain about an upgrade. And those of us that do high tier alliance war, those boosts are HUGE. Don’t even get me started. And the t5b and t2a drops are small but it’s okay. The numbers thing means nothing.

    I have a lot of them, but haven’t opened them, I’ll be saving them for the aw season.

    By offering new crystal, players forget about their original request: reform the greater solo crystal.

    That’s president Trup’s favourite deal tactic: if you are low in a game set, quit and create your own set.
    Would you rather Apple updated the iPhone 6 forever or created a new better iPhone yearly?
    So would you rather Apple created a new iPhone shortly after launching a new iOS that drag down your existing iPhone performance? Or fix the iOS instead?
    That isn’t what is happening. The greater crystals got a slight update and Kabam came out with the newer, better supreme ones which actually give good rewards for barely any effort to get them. I played for maybe an hour on hero use with a 6* in beginner event quest, and got 3 of them. That wasn’t even why I was doing beginner! It is easy free rewards
    I suppose you’re not new to the forum and I think you forget the discussion in General Feedback Forum. One of the discussions there were talking about reform greater solo crystals and replace the XP boost with something better. That isn’t what you mentioning.

    Free rewards? That’s definitely wrong as you are getting shards from meeting milestones.

    Besides, I’m not talking about whether it is easy to get shards or not. Getting shards is not an issue for me. Two separate concepts.
    What u saying makes 0 sense. Its only to complain about something. From old crystals i have nothing for 2 years. These give me in 1 week 20 boosts which is perfect. And you point about confusing number is total BS. It absolutely doesnt matter. Its complain on level i want to have 5* crystal blue because red is too offensive
  • OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 865 ★★★★
    Personally I think they were a great addition. I run through a lot of boosts every season playing Tier 1 wars, and the generous drop rates for boosts are going to be a huge help for keeping my stash healthy. I’m not fussed about the T2A and T5B, since they’re so easily found these days.
  • udyedagainudyedagain Posts: 559 ★★★
    Reference said:

    After a week of pulling over 30s Supreme Solo Crystal, my thoughts are:

    - Kabam respond to the community’s complain about XP boost after level 60 by offering alternative solo crystal, at significantly higher cost (2,000 greater solo vs 10,000 supreme solo);
    - Instead of XP boost, now there is an overflow of health/power boost (eg 10% health boost);
    - For those saying it’s great to have T5B and T2A shards, please notice the drop rate is 1%. You better hope for rain in desert;
    - Display for number of crystal available is ruined after such update, although I know it means the crystal shards are now interchangeable among 3 solo crystals. The number now means “max number of basic solo crystal available” instead of number of different crystals available;
    - Sometimes I don’t quite understand the word “improvement” means, especially from Kabam perspectives. Whenever they give up something, they raise the cost, and use RNG, so as to minimise those “ favours” as much as possible. I’m really confused. Why not simply improve the greater solo crystal?

    Well i have been having success, so far 7200 T2A and awakening gem. I would just hoard and open when you need something.
  • udyedagainudyedagain Posts: 559 ★★★
    Plus those boost can help in arena to boost score because of higher PI. item use, they are very useful
Sign In or Register to comment.