**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How does a perfect fight turn into a death from a single last second L3??

JabbawokkyJabbawokky Posts: 139
edited September 2017 in General Discussion
ng7ib07lcfx6.png

Comments

• Options
    AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    What?
  • Options
    I fought a perfect fight and got hit with a last second L3. How did it kill me?
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    Doesn't sound like a perfect fight to me

Its very obvious the picture was taken after the fight is over
  • Options
    AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★

Yep
  • Options
    Appleisgod wrote: »

Yep

Look if you not giving insight then get off the thread. The picture was taken after the fight ended to show the 2 champs involved. I had fought taking no hits until she use an L3 right before she was about to die. How did 1 single L3 kill a full health 5/5 wolvie?
  • Options
    How can pushing your opponent to their L3 be considered a "perfect" fight?

Still doesnt explain how a single L3 killed me. She was under bleed so I shot for it. I fight that route aq in aq out and never died before.
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★

He probs though his last hit would get him the win, or the timer ran out before they could do a l3.

Turns out neither of those happened, meaning it is far from the perfect fight.
  • Options

He probs though his last hit would get him the win, or the timer ran out before they could do a l3.

Still doesnt explain how a single L3 killed me
  • Options

Still doesnt explain how a single L3 killed me
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I know my R4 Thor can take out 10k+ with his S2 if it crits on both hits.

Getting a S3 from Psylocke that generates any damage is rather strange because it's horribly soft.

I also agree that running your opponent to their S3 is not considered a perfect fight...
  • Options
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    I know my R4 Thor can take out 10k+ with his S2 if it crits on both hits.

Getting a S3 from Psylocke that generates any damage is rather strange because it's horribly soft.

I also agree that running your opponent to their S3 is not considered a perfect fight...

A single L3 shouldnt have generated enough direct damage to kill a full health 5/5 wolvie. The fight was perfect up until that point.
  • Options
    Negative nonhelpful people always have the most and something to say.
  • Options
    Raa wrote: »
    You're overlooking the fact that it's not a normal psylocke. You made the error of not baiting and got punished for it. Just revive and push through, we all make mistakes, sometimes we die when our champs don't perform the way the should (then and only then can we say that a perfect fight went wrong)

It still shouldnt have killed me. Period
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    edited September 2017

It can still be perfect, i use that as a strategy with iceman sometimes. I usually don't with wolvie though as he only has 12k health and no ice armor
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    We have no proof it's just from a level 3 though...

Although if it wasn't and you have done all this, it's kind of strange as what's the point.

AQ is like that though, AI have daft amount of power, just don't let champs get to a l3
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    danielmath wrote: »

It can still be perfect, i use that as a strategy with iceman sometimes. I usually don't with wolvie though so he only has 12k health and no ice armor

I feel you. I pressed the issue because I knew I would heal up next fight. Ive taken an L3 on day 5 and didnt die. Thats how I know she shouldnt have generated enough direct damage for a kill. Plus I wasnt under debuffs
  • Options
    We have no proof it's just from a level 3 though...

Although if it wasn't and you have done all this, it's kind of strange as what's the point.

AQ is like that though, AI have daft amount of power, just don't let champs get to a l3

No reason to lie. If you can answer the question, why are you commenting?
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I think you're working under the impression that just because you survived it once, that you should be able to survive them all. I have survived hits I shouldn't have, but doesn't mean I should expect to survive them.

Psylocke's SP3 is a multi-hit special, and each hit has the chance to crit. Usually, they don't and her SP3 hits like a feather pillow, but sometimes they do and she can hit damn hard. Like others have said, she's an R4 5* champ and should be treated as such (regardless of PI).
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    I think you're working under the impression that just because you survived it once, that you should be able to survive them all. I have survived hits I shouldn't have, but doesn't mean I should expect to survive them.

Psylocke's SP3 is a multi-hit special, and each hit has the chance to crit. Usually, they don't and her SP3 hits like a feather pillow, but sometimes they do and she can hit damn hard. Like others have said, she's an R4 5* champ and should be treated as such (regardless of PI).

You can crit on sp3?
  • Options
    The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    danielmath wrote: »

You can crit on sp3?

I was about to say the same.
    I don't think you can