**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Act 6 Nerfs were terribly done, change my mind.

124»

Comments

• Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

Just want to hop in here and add a point to the discussions around restrictiveness

Obviously content needs some level of restrictions. Almost every fight has them. When done right, they make the game interesting. I really enjoy working out a tactical approach to a path and not just rushing in with Ghost or Omega

At they’re worst, they’re a solid gate that can potentially bar a player for months, if not years in extreme cases

But this has all been brought up before.

What I haven’t seen mentioned is how restrictions would be moving forward at their current level. In act 6, we have a ‘90% less damage unless X is true’ for almost every condition in the game. Not fun when it’s something like Power sting. Bleed, poison, sure, that’s general enough.

But the problem is that this is only Act 6. We’re already looking at Act 7, and the game shows no signs of slowing down. So if this is what restrictions look like just now, what would they look at come Act 8?

You have to have an incinerate immune champ, with a two hit medium animation, that gains a Fury and bleeds the opponent?

Obviously Kabam are (thankfully) going a different direction with Act 7, but I think this is something we really need to look at when considering the restrictiveness of any content. Where will this lead?

Maybe it’s just another one of my late night ramblings, but I thought this might be an important point to raise in the context of the current situation

So it's not just me. And it's actually obvious what comes after fights with only 2 or so counters. They just outright put a gate with a specific champion attached to it. A path w/ mutants and a Warlock gate. Something like that. Glad that WE changed the direction that Story Content is going. Kabam would've eventually vaporized the player base otherwise.
    While this is true, I keep going back to something @DNA3000 said about waiting and seeing. (Obviously much more was said than that 😂).

I look back at 5.4 a lot recently (my wife is working through exploration) and it’s incredible easy. I personally spent an odin on 5.4.6 Ultron boss the day 5.4 came out. Now years later the majority of 5.4 is itemless. Granted act 5 didn’t have the gates/restrictions that act 6 has currently. But champions available now weren’t available then (blade came out a month or two before).

So while making adjustments to act 6 is definitely required. I want to lean more towards the wait and see after these changes are made.
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,572 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Maybe they should just leave content how it is on release. Then y’all can’t whine about nerfs not being good enough.

Kabam did a bad job on release. They realized that and that's why it's being nerfed in the first place. Now they're making the same mistake twice tbh.
    What we have is a bunch of people who want the game to be easy and catered to their ability and roster. This game is RNG and skill dependent. If they nerf all content to the ground there will be no point in playing.
    Barely anyone wants 6.2.6 Champion level nerfs. Other than the stupid high block pen and No Retreat, the fight shouldn't have been changed imo. But some stuff is just utter BS that needs changed, and it's getting completely ignored. RNG has always been involved in needing to get through content, but needing 1 of 3 champs out of all the champs in the game as a 5 or 6* for a single fight in Act 6 is so stupid. Let's just take 6.2.5 Electro for example. 1% regen and 100% poison are just 2 of the nodes. Just stealing from Rocky here, how are you going to deal with that without a max sig Namor/OR with suicides? That's just one of the many awful, completely BS fights that Kabam chose to ignore.
    Champs that reverse regen like void and capIW can do this fight if you slow play. There are some champs that can outdamage it like fury or Corvus. Also you can use some aa reduction champs-like AA. If you have willpower you won’t die from the initial poison. You may have to use a revive but it is doable content.
    No, it's sh*tty content. You shouldn't need Willpower to get through a fight. And it's not just the one fight. Just another of the 50 examples, there's a whole freaking can't stop won't stop path. I can only think of 5 counters to that. Juggs, UC, Thing, The Champion, and CMM with Rogue. Sure you can use the 6.3 boost, but then you're screwed if you don't have Claire for HT. If this kind of BS gets nerfed and you think the game is too easy because of it, quit. No one will miss you and your god-awful attitude.
    FYI - updated Magneto can deal with *can’t stop, won’t stop* now with his Heavy attacks.

Technically it’s possible using Kingpins heavy but the damage is awful x awful.
  • Options
    SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Maybe they should just leave content how it is on release. Then y’all can’t whine about nerfs not being good enough.

Kabam did a bad job on release. They realized that and that's why it's being nerfed in the first place. Now they're making the same mistake twice tbh.
    What we have is a bunch of people who want the game to be easy and catered to their ability and roster. This game is RNG and skill dependent. If they nerf all content to the ground there will be no point in playing.
    Barely anyone wants 6.2.6 Champion level nerfs. Other than the stupid high block pen and No Retreat, the fight shouldn't have been changed imo. But some stuff is just utter BS that needs changed, and it's getting completely ignored. RNG has always been involved in needing to get through content, but needing 1 of 3 champs out of all the champs in the game as a 5 or 6* for a single fight in Act 6 is so stupid. Let's just take 6.2.5 Electro for example. 1% regen and 100% poison are just 2 of the nodes. Just stealing from Rocky here, how are you going to deal with that without a max sig Namor/OR with suicides? That's just one of the many awful, completely BS fights that Kabam chose to ignore.
    Warlock and blade are options for that electro.
    NF synergy opens up a couple extra counters for that fight, havok, cap IW with tech synergy, void as well. Think I've seen a takedown with ghost.
    That quest was ridiculous but the electro wasn't the most annoying fight imo
    Most of those champs will still die from damage back by Electro. I'm not saying it's the worst in 6.2.5, but it's just one of the many examples that Act 6 still has a ton of BS that hasn't even been slightly changed.
    No they won't, wouldn't bring them up if they couldn't one shot him.
    Ghost rider synergy with blade as well as Heimdall for do you go gentle lets him solo the electro.
    You don't have to hit electro with cap or void so no damage back. Can't remember how I saw ghost do it probably 200% tech boost and heimdall. Havok doesn't take any damage back on his medium and heavies.
    Needing Heimdall, NF, GR, or whoever as a synergy partner to make another champ viable is worse than needing 1 specific champ for the fight. The stupid high restriction is still there.
    You could replace NF synergy with willpower and get the same end result. Heimdall's only purpose there is to save you a revive. Don't think that electro has stupid high restrictions, especially with how much more niche act 6 gets. It's a difficult fight and that quest in particular is badly designed with its gated paths. Would've liked to see it revisited but it doesn't look like it'll be the case.
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    MikeHock said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Champs that reverse regen like void and capIW can do this fight if you slow play. There are some champs that can outdamage it like fury or Corvus. Also you can use some aa reduction champs-like AA. If you have willpower you won’t die from the initial poison. You may have to use a revive but it is doable content.
    No, it's sh*tty content. You shouldn't need Willpower to get through a fight. And it's not just the one fight. Just another of the 50 examples, there's a whole freaking can't stop won't stop path. I can only think of 5 counters to that. Juggs, UC, Thing, The Champion, and CMM with Rogue. Sure you can use the 6.3 boost, but then you're screwed if you don't have Claire for HT. If this kind of BS gets nerfed and you think the game is too easy because of it, quit. No one will miss you and your god-awful attitude.
    FYI - updated Magneto can deal with *can’t stop, won’t stop* now with his Heavy attacks.

It has to be a buff, no? So yes to Mags, but Kingpin won't work, will he?
  • Options

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Warlock and blade are options for that electro.
    NF synergy opens up a couple extra counters for that fight, havok, cap IW with tech synergy, void as well. Think I've seen a takedown with ghost.
    That quest was ridiculous but the electro wasn't the most annoying fight imo
    Most of those champs will still die from damage back by Electro. I'm not saying it's the worst in 6.2.5, but it's just one of the many examples that Act 6 still has a ton of BS that hasn't even been slightly changed.
    No they won't, wouldn't bring them up if they couldn't one shot him.
    Ghost rider synergy with blade as well as Heimdall for do you go gentle lets him solo the electro.
    You don't have to hit electro with cap or void so no damage back. Can't remember how I saw ghost do it probably 200% tech boost and heimdall. Havok doesn't take any damage back on his medium and heavies.
    Needing Heimdall, NF, GR, or whoever as a synergy partner to make another champ viable is worse than needing 1 specific champ for the fight. The stupid high restriction is still there.
    You could replace NF synergy with willpower and get the same end result. Heimdall's only purpose there is to save you a revive. Don't think that electro has stupid high restrictions, especially with how much more niche act 6 gets. It's a difficult fight and that quest in particular is badly designed with its gated paths. Would've liked to see it revisited but it doesn't look like it'll be the case.
    I'm not saying it's the most restrictive fight out there. The fact that Act 6 gets even more restrictive kind of proves my overall point. But it's still a very restrictive fight since only a select few champs can do it without 1 or more synergies/willpower.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

MikeHock said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Truthfully that lane sucks. Aegon can do it, doom can do it with mystic boosts for 6.3 and ht can still do Mephisto. It’s just a bit longer of a fight.
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,572 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

MikeHock said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

@&,! You’re prob right. I don’t remember, I tried with kingpin a while ago, so I’m prob wrong for suggesting him.

But I definitely tested updated Magneto and he’s usable.
  • Options
    MikeHock said:

Etjama said:

MikeHock said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

@&,! You’re prob right. I don’t remember, I tried with kingpin a while ago, so I’m prob wrong for suggesting him.

But I definitely tested updated Magneto and he’s usable.
    Woah, what happened to the @? 😂
  • Options
    ChikelChikel Posts: 2,059 ★★★★

I only did an initial run of 6.1, then ran away, so I'm not really in much of a position to talk about most of the fights.
    Only thing I am sad about is the Crossbones being changed from Biohazard to Poison. I intended on using AA as a horseman when I returned for exploration, provided I can pull Apocalypse since he would have 100% bleed resistance. Now that plan is out the window.

The plan worked out for me though. I don't have any bleed immune 5* but I have a Red Hulk. Can't wait to do this fight
  • Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020

The only change to 6.1 was changing the Biohazard Node on the Crossbones Boss into a 60 Second Poison Node, which makes Tons of counters like Omega Red, Colossus, and Domino now unusable or extremely less effective... The Poison on Bio Hazard was avoidable by simply not hitting into the Block so not many of the Current Counters focused on Bleed Immune over Poison Immune, but now half the counters will need to be completely flipped...
    That's an annoying as hell change...

I ranked 5 my Colossus just a few days ago to use him agianst Crossbones and now I woke up to this. I'm pissed! He's also my first R5.
  • Options
    Realm_Of_RahRealm_Of_Rah Posts: 430 ★★★
    Changes are fine honestly.

The only one that I can see being annoying is the Xbones fight since a lot of people (myself included) took advantage of the biohazard to get in extra damage. For example I used Ghost who gets the passive furies when she purifies the bleed debuffs. I know someone else who used Omega Red. That won't be possible anymore.
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Claire vs. nerfed crossbones is gonna be hell!
  • Options
    ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★
    edited October 2020
    Whooo said:

This change is one of the worst: They changed Rogue with Old Man Logan in 6.2.6, 'Do You Bleed' Path?
    OML has 95% bleed resistance.

Now this path will become a lot more difficult, if not impossible with a bleed champ.
    I am glad that I have already explored it 100%

Seems like rouge is easier, oml also has unblockable special. Though it’s very easy to evade but sometimes if you block accidentally , it will immediately kill you with one sp with those 7-10 furry. Nice move kabam, making it more harder. 95% bleed resistance OML.
    Also why haboc?? I find iceman more easier to play.
  • Options
    SoobeSoobe Posts: 13
    Are kabam not ment to be changing the att and health pools on nodes in 6.2 - 6.4? I'm still waiting to do it but not till it's been nerfed. Month after month still nothing. ????