**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Mutant Treasure Island Weapon X

WrathbertWrathbert Posts: 96
edited October 2020 in Strategy and Tips
So I've done a lot of paths in the Mutant Treasure Island quest under all difficulties except Legendary. I'm at lvl 47 and my top Champs are 2 maxed out 4* and one R3 5*. The rest are R2 5* or R4 4 *. I was able to clear the three initial fights without much of an issue but the "random" boss always ends up being Weapon X, no matter how much I quit and try again. First of all, there's no way in Satan's kingdom I can beat this guy and second of all, how come I'm not getting a "random" mutant every time? Do I need to beat Weapon X or something to prove myself?

I've watched videos where people with a stacked as h*ll roster go through for the first time and end up fighting regular old Wolverine. Wth?

Comments

• FunkyGorillaFunkyGorilla Posts: 50
    1) Don't complain, cause you are not supposed to be doing legendary difficulty in the first place.
    2) Yes, you need to beat the boss for it to reset. However, there's a chance the same boss pops up again after beating too.
    3) Best counter is She hulk since she can pin him in the corner. Magik also works well since she can power lock him and keep intercepting.
    4) Don't have any counters? Then only option is to git gud with intercepting.
  • Random gets re-rolled ONLY after you actually beat the current boss.
    (although not guaranteed to change, RNG could actually give same one again, but without beating boss it will stay same boss each time you quit and go back in).

You can at least NOT turn onto an actual path and just keep center lane straight to boss, at least you’ll have all 5 champs full health to try and beat him.
  • WrathbertWrathbert Posts: 96

1) Don't complain, cause you are not supposed to be doing legendary difficulty in the first place.

Haha I'm fully aware that I am understacked for Legendary. I just thought that I could push through since I cleared the first three fights w/out potions or revives. So I was just a little bummed that the boss happened to be the hardest one.

Thanks for the insight!