**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why isn't GR immune to coldsnap?

GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,199 ★★★★★
I mean he can really like melt iceman. What gives???

I got you :P

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    So, he lacks that ability. I think that must be it, because unless he has that ability he won't be able to counter coldsnap
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,199 ★★★★★
    No 1 Read the Spoiler? @Rockypantherx
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★

No 1 Read the Spoiler? @Rockypantherx

Oh no, I read it, I jus know that while this one might be having a go, the 100 subsequent ones won’t be
  • Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    We just got him immune to incinerate, now you want more?
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    WRIR said:

Honestly what GR needs for meta relavence is probably just easier or reliable access to damage, say something like giving him incinerates on sp2 or something, rather than more utility because he has a TON of utility already.

Indeed, I've a good idea.

ShoNuff29 said:

Now just add an incinerate debuff on his Sp2 and all will be right with the world

I had the idea that he would deal a passive Incinerate burst damage with a fixed amount of damage dealt per Judgement on the opponent, similar to Red Hulk. Like, deals an additional 20% of the damage as Incinerate damage per Judgement, with a base amount of 20%. So with each Judgement you lose utility but you gain damage, which is a way better trade-off than "goes progressively worse until reset with SP3". Of course Damnation counts as the amount of Judgements spend. You could save the Fury buff as the last Judgement and deal a huge amount of damage!

I wouldn't have made him immune to Incinerate, but rather have the Incinerate debuffs deal no damage, nor suffer any adverse effect from it, and every Incinerate effect fuels his burst damage by an extra 20%.

Description would be:
    "As a flaming skeleton from Hell, each hit of Ghost Rider deals 20% of damage dealt as a burst of Incinerate damage. With every Judgement, Ghost Rider burns hotter, dealing an extra 20% of damage dealt as a burst of Incinerate damage to the opponent per Judgement.

Ghost Rider suffer no adverse effect from Incinerate effects, Incinerate effects do not deal any damage and do not alter the abilities or statistics of Ghost Rider. While under the effect of an Incinerate effect, he deals an extra 20% of damage dealt as a burst of Incinerate damage to the opponent per Incinerate effect."

A player can dream!
  • Faseeh said:

In the comics also i think the devil inside ghost rider cant stand low temperatures. When ghost rider was trapped inside another dimension and it was freezing the spirit just left him and went to another person in the real world

Not 100% sure but im pretty sure this is the reason
    Know which comic that is? I'd like to partake
  • Faseeh said:

Faseeh said:

In the comics also i think the devil inside ghost rider cant stand low temperatures. When ghost rider was trapped inside another dimension and it was freezing the spirit just left him and went to another person in the real world

Not 100% sure but im pretty sure this is the reason
    Know which comic that is? I'd like to partake
    @GinjabredMonsta Nope, not even a little. In ghost rider in the series ( not the animated one) that whole freezing happened. I meant that "I think in comics also he can't stand low temperatures" :(
    Oh! Ok thank you haha
  • InfiniteAbe17InfiniteAbe17 Posts: 165
    War_Bird said:

In game reasoning, is for balance. But even from a comics standpoint, it makes sense. Just because he can’t die from being frozen, doesn’t mean it won’t hinder him. Sure, he could melt right through it... but it’ll still be an annoyance (albeit a minor one).

Unrelated, but I’ve heard the question about poison immunity too. In comics, there are WAYYY more poisons in the universe than just the typical stuff from the real world. Sure, he wouldn’t die from drinking a jug of bleach, but other, more “mystical” poisons can hurt him. Even Dr. Voodoos poison is known as “Spirit Venom”.

yeah even though it is completely uneeded and wont be added if it was added in some way ti would be a sort of resistance so the duration of all coldsnaps are reduced not actually just immune. But i agree we don't need it at all
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,199 ★★★★★
    I was posting this as a joke and now everyone is going deep into the comics xD