**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The Punisher 2099 Buff is AWESOME

Comments

• Options
    KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★

With the Reed Richard's pre fight can he pseudo power lock the opponent? Don't have him in any rarity so can't test it.

That is a fantastic idea! I didn't think of that, wow that is genius! I have a 6 star Mister Fantastic and I'll test it out soon because I also have a 6* Punisher 2099.
  • Options
    Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    i have a R2 5* and a R1 6* P2099, both unawakened. All i care about is if he is worth R5 or R2 respectively. I already have Ghost , WL, Starrky, G2099 all awakened and r5.

Pls let me know
  • Options

i have a R2 5* and a R1 6* P2099, both unawakened. All i care about is if he is worth R5 or R2 respectively. I already have Ghost , WL, Starrky, G2099 all awakened and r5.

Pls let me know

I would say it's a matter of whether you think he will be useful for content in the future. I am of the opinion that he is worth r2/r5 but again it's about the content you're trying to do. If you want to explore Variants 2 or 5 then no way in hell should you rank him up. If you want to 100% Variant 3 or you have some tough paths in Act 6 to do that he would be good for, then rank him up. Keep in mind that he will always be a beast on defense, especially on kinetic transference nodes.
  • Options
    -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    I dunno. I've only used my 6* in the arena. Don't see any reason why I would use him for any end game content. Maybe if I had no better option, but that's not the case.
  • Options
    Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,724 ★★★★

He is completely wasted time. I did some lol with him. Punisher is terrible.

Even after update.

My punisher is 6*

My 5* r3 arch angel does more damage and has more utility,
    My 5* r3 colossus does more damage.

His synergies are with champs who are total trash
    Thor , cap, and punisher ...who uses them?

Another total miss by kabam.

Between my 5* and six stars. I have over. 50 champs I would play before punisher 2099.

yeah they're some of the highest damage champs in the game and some of the best mutants. I don't know what to say if you expect every buff to create a champ that's top 3 in their class
    If every buff creates a new top 3, then soon Ghost will be at the bottom 3 😁
  • Options
    Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    I have A duped 6* I'll tell you where he do shine :smile: in the Meme tier

The changes are minimal he should trigger all of his abilities without The battery and battery should enhance them ( the drain is still crazy to manage anything with ) the power lock at 90% is meh and it should trigger many times not one time

his sig ability should make his sp1 give more battery and make his battery drain slowly (A disappointement that's what he is )
  • Options

Even after update.

My punisher is 6*

Between my 5* and six stars. I have over. 50 champs I would play before punisher 2099.

Breaking from Spicyslicer is grumpy news:
    Punisher 2099 isn’t as good as some of the best mutants in the game, which means he’s terrible
    He is Terrible and has no point to be put on a team ( yondu is way better )
  • Options
    Mike192 said:

I think he is like Gamora's buff, much better but not worth anything more than R4 5*. It will surely help newer players though as they wont just look him over

I like your thinking but I would place him a bit above Gamora. Gamora has nearly no utility and a lot of damage. Punisher 2099 has nice utility and nice damage, so he is better overall imo.
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    It’s up to you man.
  • Options

I have A duped 6* I'll tell you where he do shine :smile: in the Meme tier

The changes are minimal he should trigger all of his abilities without The battery and battery should enhance them ( the drain is still crazy to manage anything with ) the power lock at 90% is meh and it should trigger many times not one time

his sig ability should make his sp1 give more battery and make his battery drain slowly (A disappointement that's what he is )

Even after update.

My punisher is 6*

Breaking from Spicyslicer is grumpy news:
    Punisher 2099 isn’t as good as some of the best mutants in the game, which means he’s terrible
    He is Terrible and has no point to be put on a team ( yondu is way better )
    Nah you're just flat out wrong. I'm surprised you have a duped 6 star in the first place and don't understand how champs work and that they can get better. You're probably so used to use your stupid 6r3 Ghost and 6r3 Doom that anyone below them is considered trash and meme tier. Well let me tell you something, there are WORLDS of differences between a meme tier champion and an OP champion. If you think Punisher 2099 is meme tier then you're placing him in the same tier as champions like Iron Patriot and Groot. That opinion is not very strange, it's flat out wrong. Punisher 2099 has a lot of useful abilities and can dish out a hell of a lot of damage once fully ramped up, which takes less than 30 seconds. If you can't see that then this game ain't for you. Punisher 2099 is an above average champion now (high demi god to god tier), which is miles better than he was before his buff. Not everyone is gonna have a Colossus-esque rework or be as powerful as Ghost.
    i didn't really meant he belong in the meme tier i was joking And i don't have those champions neither .
    i'm sorry if u have him but he s not good still many tech champs are better and easy to play and manage and u don't even have control over those battery abilities i played him like hell before the nerf and after it i have a habbit of taking champs to do full rol whenever i get them and i did so today right after the update
    he is way better but like i said the battery drains fast and having no control on it makes it Rng dependent

like an ex when ur fighting a damn healing champ like wolverine the heal block would trigger more and more and he do not recharge it as fast as it drains and now with the buff mechanique it is worse since heal block is supposed to stop a regenerating buff which will slow the battery too !!!!! wthk

you can't use your heavy bcz you will spend the battery / armor break waste too much in sp2 and that heal block ain't even stopping all forms of healing only regenration buffs

so ?

Iron patriot ?! meme Go read His synergy with Red goblin
  • Options
    LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★
    Lol he’s a r4/r1 max champion which is way better then he was before so kudos...

I honestly don’t get the hype, yea he’s better, but whose still going to use him and why? He’s one of those champions you either use for fun or because you don’t have any better opitions yet so you keep him at r4 to save those resources for when you do pull one of the r5 worthy champions. Is he going to get used anymore then Rulk or Luke Cage who are great champions, but the player base has largely forgotten? What’s the hype?

My biggest gripe with him is yea he has utility, but it comes at the expense of his damage which is a sacrifice other champions don’t have to make.

TLDR Still just an entry level champion for beginning players and now less of a burn when you pull him as 6*.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★

With the Reed Richard's pre fight can he pseudo power lock the opponent? Don't have him in any rarity so can't test it.

Would that work though? Since you would have to use heavies to refresh the debuffs but that will drain battery.
    Can anyone try that and tell me?
  • Options
    xandersrevengexandersrevenge Posts: 267
    Kabam can't make everyone good. It's a tweak my guys. Magneto, colossus, and hulkbuster were the major updates. Don't expect every month to have characters like these. Kabam wouldn't be able to make revenue if they make every character a beyond god tier or god tier.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Mcdonalds said:

Lvernon15 said:

P99 > domehno

Groot > domehno
    I agree, at least he has proper bleed immunity
  • Options
    ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    Freaking LOVE this update — I had extensively tested the kit before they announced it was getting updated and was going to write a too-long post about how the kit was SO CLOSE to being good

They took care of that bit of business

I am definitely gonna R4 and really want to R5, but that’s dependent on resources — the T5B and T2A is just so freaking slow to come sometimes, as a solo player
  • Options
    odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,379 ★★★★★
    Mcdonalds said:

Lvernon15 said:

P99 > domehno

Groot > domehno
    Karnak>>>>domehno
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Mcdonalds said:

Mcdonalds said:

Lvernon15 said:

P99 > domehno

Groot > domehno
    Karnak>>>>domehno
    True strike guarantees no evasion and auto block which I think is really good
    Yeah, much better than just aar
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★

Screw the hate, I'm taking my Punisher 2099 to 6r3. I love him! Good damage and good utility

Where's the utility?
    Heal Block, Reduced power on opponents, armor break, power lock and power drain with sig ability