**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Corvus can bypass Black Panther's Reflective Stun???

SazedSazed Posts: 304 ★★
So I was doing some testing with my 5* Corvus Glaive. I was practicing against the Black Panther Civil War duel target and noticed that when I parried him, he wasn't reflecting the stun back at me. At first this was an accident, but then I checked Black Panther's abilities and realized that the Refelctive Stun only triggers when he has an armor up buff on. So I did another test. I waited until he had like 4 or 5 armor up buffs, then parried. And I didn't get stunned. My conclusion is that this happens because Corvus inflicts armor break on parry. But I also didn't get stunned when he had more armor up buffs then armor break. Did you guys notice this and is this the reason it happens?

Comments

• Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Corvus armor breaks each buff. Fight a red skull and you can drop like 8 at the start of the match.
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Sazed said:

So I was doing some testing with my 5* Corvus Glaive. I was practicing against the Black Panther Civil War duel target and noticed that when I parried him, he wasn't reflecting the stun back at me. At first this was an accident, but then I checked Black Panther's abilities and realized that the Refelctive Stun only triggers when he has an armor up buff on. So I did another test. I waited until he had like 4 or 5 armor up buffs, then parried. And I didn't get stunned. My conclusion is that this happens because Corvus inflicts armor break on parry. But I also didn't get stunned when he had more armor up buffs then armor break. Did you guys notice this and is this the reason it happens?

Inflicts an Armor Break, reducing the opponents Armor Rating by 352 for 4 seconds. Additional Armor Breaks are inflicted for each active Armor Up effect on the opponent.

He gets all the armor buffs on a parry, so none there to stun you.
  • Options
    Thanks guys. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't hallucinating or anything. This is going to come in handy, because I always end up dying to Black Panther Civil war some way or another
  • Options
    Sazed said:

Thanks guys. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't hallucinating or anything. This is going to come in handy, because I always end up dying to Black Panther Civil war some way or another

If you never knew that it was OK to parry stun him when he DIDN'T have that blue (Armor) buff, then no wonder you had problems against him.

(also hint, when he does have Armor, easy to bait him into a Heavy and you can easily counter it either after both parts or even inbetween the 2 parts of his Heavy too).
  • Options
    Ya I am still a noob at times. At least I know now rather than ever.