**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

October side quest bug or not [merged threads]

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    B00tblack said:

Kabam should start banning employees.
    Unreal that they continually release content with out doing a couple runs themselves to test it.

They don’t play their own game!

What other games have you played before? This isn't anything thats new in the gaming world. I bought the Avengers game when it came out. Want to know how many bugs and issues that were fixed in the first patch? Over 1000. Go google search EA's Madden 2020 or 2021, whichever is the latest version. Then report back and tell me who's doing a worse job.
  • BoCassBoCass Posts: 61
    I noticed that if I rerun a difficulty on this new Hades side quest I get the same rewards. Is this a bug like last month or legit? Thanks
  • Ironside47Ironside47 Posts: 460 ★★★
    I completed the Epic level earlier today in complete innocence. I came here to find out where the shards went. I’m glad that I didn’t do it twice, although the replay button did encourage me to. I genuinely don’t think I’ve done anything wrong.
  • Soviet_69Soviet_69 Posts: 1
    edited October 2020
    Did it three times... Didn’t know about there being a limit or anything until people in global started panicking, I checked forums and oh boy, I’m gonna get banned...
    Kabam please do something about upcoming Side quests...
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

helping2 said:

I will just quit and find another game to spend my thousands of dollars on. any game you recommend?

Get a lady of the night. Thats a fun game of wondering what you'll get from that.
    😳
  • SeraphSeraph Posts: 65
    Lormif said:

B00tblack said:

Unreal that they can’t release content with out doing a couple runs themselves.

I take it you have never programmed a complex set of code in your life. Bugs happen. Other than simple hello world scripts you would be hard pressed to find a piece of code that has no bugs.
    Bugs aren't the problem, its the lack of testing that's the issue ..... as a "programmer of complex code" you should know this
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    B00tblack said:

Lormif said:

B00tblack said:

Unreal that they can’t release content with out doing a couple runs themselves.

I take it you have never programmed a complex set of code in your life. Bugs happen. Other than simple hello world scripts you would be hard pressed to find a piece of code that has no bugs.
    Open up the game and run the path twice themselves. Bugged. Then stop/delay release of the content.

Derp
    Mistakes happen, even when they seem unbelievable, it still happens. We all tolerate and accept these mistakes due to our love for the game. If you don’t, I would recommend finding another game.
  • ZeflemelZeflemel Posts: 9
    This is not right! I just found out that i will get banned for doing a quest! I gathered 15k of those lame shards which will probably give me a 4* ABOMINATION!
    My story ? I was happily grinding a quest that KABAM introduced until i got bored and started surfing YouTube AS USUAL!
    Among recommended i got a video from Kt1 saying that i shout NOT grind because it is a bug?
    A bug you say? I started investigating and i reached this point where i find out that because I WAS A HARD WORKING player, i will get banned one WEEK!
    What does a one week ban mean for me? A LOT! Considering this shards will 99.9% have a LAME reword, That I will not be able to grind my content AND! My alliance will have to play with (probably) TWO bg's!
    That is the reword i get for KABAM screwing up and blaming ME! The player!
  • dirt13jrdirt13jr Posts: 177 ★★
    they should ban people who run in more than twice for a max of 3 days. It comes to a point where you should know that you aren’t supposed to get multiple keys but twice should not get a ban because it was literally impossible to know that you would get the rewards again
  • Urkel2Urkel2 Posts: 371 ★★

B00tblack said:

Unreal that they continually release content with out doing a couple runs themselves to test it.

What other games have you played before? This isn't anything thats new in the gaming world. I bought the Avengers game when it came out. Want to know how many bugs and issues that were fixed in the first patch? Over 1000. Go google search EA's Madden 2020 or 2021, whichever is the latest version. Then report back and tell me who's doing a worse job.
    Still kabam
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Zeflemel said:

This is not right! I just found out that i will get banned for doing a quest! I gathered 15k of those lame shards which will probably give me a 4* ABOMINATION!
    My story ? I was happily grinding a quest that KABAM introduced until i got bored and started surfing YouTube AS USUAL!
    Among recommended i got a video from Kt1 saying that i shout NOT grind because it is a bug?
    A bug you say? I started investigating and i reached this point where i find out that because I WAS A HARD WORKING player, i will get banned one WEEK!
    What does a one week ban mean for me? A LOT! Considering this shards will 99.9% have a LAME reword, That I will not be able to grind my content AND! My alliance will have to play with (probably) TWO bg's!

calm down, they have not said they are banning anyone (yet). More than likely they will just remove the shards.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    This is hilarious, don’t forget to breathe folks.
  • Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★
    I don't come on the forum much, I do prefer to just play the game and live. But after this update and being able to replay the side quest over and over, I thought I'd come on for some info.

So apparently there is a possibility of people getting banned if they have played the quests multiple times? Surely to the average player, who doesn't do homework about the events before they start, that is absolutely ridiculous to ban people for simple playing content that has been made available?

I'd fully understand them reversing rewards and reimbursing energy spent, but to ban people for playing content they have made available is absolutely ridiculous to me.

PS, I only did the quests once, but noticed there was nothing stopping me from re-doing it. I just assumed the rewards would be a one time thing anyway.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    This is sh*t - not everyone comes to the forums. Y'all need to fix your bugs. if someone did it again by accident that's understandable - shouldn't be banned. But those who do it 3-30 times..that's different.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    Zeflemel said:

Well...... The in-game message we all got said shards will only be given once a day. It was pretty clear.
  • What should I do if I have already run it again?? I won’t be doing it anymore but still
  • No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    YEETguy said:

I’m right there with you my man, got banned last month and if I get banned for running it twice This time it’ll be a month Long ban

Wait haha seriously, you got banned for exploiting eq last month, so this month you see the exact same exploit... And decide to do it again?! LOL
  • Jedi_HawkeJedi_Hawke Posts: 955 ★★★
    Dear Mods. If this thread gets deleted can I keep my insightfuls? This has been my most productive thread.
  • Urkel2Urkel2 Posts: 371 ★★
    I didnt exploit it but I think its pretty unfair that kabam throws out bans like there is no tomorrow because they cant seem to do their jobs right the first time! How about instead of handing out bans you start firing employees!
  • SwolemanderSwolemander Posts: 3
    I keep looking for updates and keep seeing the discussions disappear? why is this happening on the forum where people are supposed to go for info? This looks like Kayak wants people to run multiple times am
    nd gett banned which makes no sense.
  • CreatorZukoCreatorZuko Posts: 70 ★★

GarrettN said:

“If someone accidentally leaves their door unlocked, it’s their fault I broke in and stole! They were asking for it!”

this analogy would work if it weren't for the fact that Kabam literally told us to rerun the event, so you're wrong.
    Yes but the message we reviewed said shards were once per day. Reading comprehension is important.
    Now tell me this, how are you supposed to know that the event gives more shards unless you actually complete a second run? Like if they ban people for running it twice, that's just stupid because you couldn't possibly know. If you do like 10 runs then sure, but two is understandable.

I'm sorry you weren't taught to read well.
    LMAO this is actually laughable. Take a second to think about what you are saying. In fact let me lay it out for you.
    1) Kabam says you can only get shards once per day, HOWEVER you can grind it many times if you wish.
    2) I do a run, get my shards and keys, and then click replay in order to get more keys.
    3) Due to their glitch I get shards again. HOWEVER, it was impossible to know that I was going to get more shards on the second run, because like in the screenshot you sent, they said you would only get them once.

I don't expect another reply because this must be pretty embarassing.
    I'd be pretty embarrassed if I were you as well.
    Care to elaborate? Doubt it, since you're wrong and you're resorting to just saying random stuff now.
    Not really. It'd be like trying to convince a rock that it's not a rock.
    Love how your response is just completely supporting what I said. Didn't elaborate, saying random stuff. Checks out!
  • if the new side quest (Hades Invasion) is meant to be run multiple times, that is fine, if not, and KABAM are about to issue bans for people running it multiple times even though they haven't been told not to, either in the side quest description or an in game mail, i have a suggestion that could help. Perhaps instead of banning people for mistakes made by KABAM 2 months in a row, figure out who's been lacking and punish them. Punish the person who can't do their job properly instead of people who are just trying to relax and play a game to have some fun in their spare time. additionally, there isn't a lockout on the game mode after it has been played once on each difficulty and thus it doesn't hint the player to not do it again as it may not be intended to be rerun. the player isn't some psychic who will know what should and shouldn't be run multiple times if there's no clear indicator in place from the developer.
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    Maybe send an ingame message regarding this issue?
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Disappearing in 3