**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

First Beyond God Tier Champ of 2020!

13»

Comments

• Options
    KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★

I think you guys seriously overestimate the "skill" needed to play him

Yeah, it's literally the old Ghost Rider's playstyle except you can't dex after throwing the sp3. I don't understand why some people say there's a high skill cap.
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,770 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020

Yeah, it's literally the old Ghost Rider's playstyle except you can't dex after throwing the sp3. I don't understand why some people say there's a high skill cap.
    It's nodes like Matador, Mix Master and Tunnel Vision that get me worried
    They're pretty common and will interrupt his rotation
    Can he still work around them? We've yet to know

Edit: yo @Karatemike415 any chance we can get some gameplay with CGR on tough nodes?
  • Options
    Warlord5386Warlord5386 Posts: 245 ★★
    No offense but the reasoning behind people saying that his rotation is hard and his damage is "hindered" outside of RoL. He literally has access to 8 buffs and due to the fact that his buffs are not tied to only specials or only certain actions. This makes his rotation really versatile. For example consider doctor Doom. He has a fixed rotation but once you play with him you can Modify his rotation as per the player's needs and still get the damage. CGR is similar. His variety of buffs and his different ways to access those buffs enables him to still get his rotation done.

Moreover the main thing that is enabling him to do such high amounts of damage is his armour breaks and precision. Fury and aptitude are very potent but I'd argue armour breaks are the main thing to look for here. As long as he can place those armour breaks his damage will be great. If you don't believe watch lagacy's abyss video with CGR. Even in non ideal matchups especially abyss killmonger he is still able to dish out incredible amounts of damage. With Medusa her autoblock is hindering him but still lagacy was able to adapt to the given fight due to his understanding of the character. His block proficiency is the main assist which enables him to do his variations like doom. Also you should see in normal ( not particularly difficult paths) in act 6 the fight was over in one sp2 makes him one of the best path and quest clearers in general. ( Corvus is still the best path clearer lol).

In my opinion the difficulty to this champion comes in understanding the character. If one would follow an approach similar to how one learnt doom then that guy could get an idea why he's so good as he is. Just like doom firstly you need to master his basic rotation which can be done in RoL. And slowly you would gain a basic understanding of the character which would help you in altering his playstyle to his needs. I get that he's quite hectic to play due to plenty of things to keep track off like his buff and debuff timers, number of judgements, power meters etc. But that is the skill you would require to get the best out of him and imo it would be worth it. He is balanced in the sense that he requires a certain skill level and time dedicated to this character to get the best out of him.

As one of my fellow summoner mentioned his immunity to bleed and incinerate makes him quite good for caltrops, biohazard , freezer burn , back blast etc. He may also has other uses which we may not know of as of now due to just how new he is. Yes he's not an evade counter. Yes he's not able to do anything in armour break immune matchups , tunnel vision etc. And mystic champions can easily be a nuisance to this guy including nodes which hinder his ability to gain buffs , but still he's awesome. He has insane damage , and bits of utility ( not crazy ,but not lacking either) so yes he's "beyond god tier" in my opinion due to these reasons.

I know it's a long post. But it's my own opinion about him and I am free to get any feedback from my fellow summoners.
  • Options

No offense but the reasoning behind people saying that his rotation is hard and his damage is "hindered" outside of RoL. He literally has access to 8 buffs and due to the fact that his buffs are not tied to only specials or only certain actions. This makes his rotation really versatile. For example consider doctor Doom. He has a fixed rotation but once you play with him you can Modify his rotation as per the player's needs and still get the damage. CGR is similar. His variety of buffs and his different ways to access those buffs enables him to still get his rotation done.

Moreover the main thing that is enabling him to do such high amounts of damage is his armour breaks and precision. Fury and aptitude are very potent but I'd argue armour breaks are the main thing to look for here. As long as he can place those armour breaks his damage will be great. If you don't believe watch lagacy's abyss video with CGR. Even in non ideal matchups especially abyss killmonger he is still able to dish out incredible amounts of damage. With Medusa her autoblock is hindering him but still lagacy was able to adapt to the given fight due to his understanding of the character. His block proficiency is the main assist which enables him to do his variations like doom. Also you should see in normal ( not particularly difficult paths) in act 6 the fight was over in one sp2 makes him one of the best path and quest clearers in general. ( Corvus is still the best path clearer lol).

In my opinion the difficulty to this champion comes in understanding the character. If one would follow an approach similar to how one learnt doom then that guy could get an idea why he's so good as he is. Just like doom firstly you need to master his basic rotation which can be done in RoL. And slowly you would gain a basic understanding of the character which would help you in altering his playstyle to his needs. I get that he's quite hectic to play due to plenty of things to keep track off like his buff and debuff timers, number of judgements, power meters etc. But that is the skill you would require to get the best out of him and imo it would be worth it. He is balanced in the sense that he requires a certain skill level and time dedicated to this character to get the best out of him.

As one of my fellow summoner mentioned his immunity to bleed and incinerate makes him quite good for caltrops, biohazard , freezer burn , back blast etc. He may also has other uses which we may not know of as of now due to just how new he is. Yes he's not an evade counter. Yes he's not able to do anything in armour break immune matchups , tunnel vision etc. And mystic champions can easily be a nuisance to this guy including nodes which hinder his ability to gain buffs , but still he's awesome. He has insane damage , and bits of utility ( not crazy ,but not lacking either) so yes he's "beyond god tier" in my opinion due to these reasons.

I know it's a long post. But it's my own opinion about him and I am free to get any feedback from my fellow summoners.

I like this one 🍻
  • Options
    Negative_100Negative_100 Posts: 1,650 ★★★★
    There have been lots of solid God champs this month though.
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

from the same people that say voodoo is high skill lol
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

Totally agree with hose first three paragraphs
  • Options
    Haji_Saab said:

Rookiie said:

Haji_Saab said:

The collective intellect of the masses is far greater than a handful.

That's an idealistic statement.
    Let me give you an example:
    The collective intellect of the masses also perceived Doom to be a noodle until somebody with intellect figured out his rotation.
    Factually incorrect. Dooms rotation was figured out before he was added to the basic crystal.
    I'm not sure what you're correcting.
    The masses still had access to him through the cavs, and word got out that he was a noodle.
    Then somebody figured out his rotation, and bang. Beyond God Tier champ.
    All it takes is one individual to figure it out.

Maybe Doom isn't the best example. What about Human Torch? He wasn't rated at all by the community until MSD adopted him as a Horseman of the Abyss. Please don't tell me otherwise.
  • Options
    TatteshwarTatteshwar Posts: 199 ★★★
    Rookiie said:

Haji_Saab said:

Rookiie said:

Haji_Saab said:

The collective intellect of the masses is far greater than a handful.

That's an idealistic statement.
    Let me give you an example:
    The collective intellect of the masses also perceived Doom to be a noodle until somebody with intellect figured out his rotation.
    Factually incorrect. Dooms rotation was figured out before he was added to the basic crystal.
    I'm not sure what you're correcting.
    The masses still had access to him through the cavs, and word got out that he was a noodle.
    Then somebody figured out his rotation, and bang. Beyond God Tier champ.
    All it takes is one individual to figure it out.

Maybe Doom isn't the best example. What about Human Torch? He wasn't rated at all by the community until MSD adopted him as a Horseman of the Abyss. Please don't tell me otherwise.
    I'm gonna correct you but on a different note

The credit for human torch gaining BGT recognition has to go to lagacy, he campained and ranked him up and also hyped him constantly even when the community considered him a noodle