**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The cgr deep dive should be taken down

Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
So I’m sure quite a few of us are aware that cgr has received some pre release nerfs, and I’m perfectly fine with that, I’d much rather that occur before anyone has spent time or money to get him, but the deep dive video in my opinion should be taken down, since it showcases the champion in a much stronger form that what he will be on release, and this could easily misguide people, or alternatively an in game message should be sent out stating that he has been toned down, so that the people who don’t use places like the forums know what they’re getting

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    He's not even released yet.
  • Options
    Care to explain what you mean by nerfed? He's not released yet, and the Spotlight is up and edited. Also, this is something you would have to talk to Dave about, to address in his own video. Not Kabam.
  • Options
    ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,145 ★★★★★

Care to explain what you mean by nerfed? He's not released yet, and the Spotlight is up and edited. Also, this is something you would have to talk to Dave about, to address in his own video. Not Kabam.

The Deep Dive is on Kabam's channel not Dave's. They call the shots.
  • Options

The Deep Dive is on Kabam's channel not Dave's. They call the shots.
    Ah. I don't watch much YT on the game. Lol.
  • Options
    In any case, how is he nerfed?
  • Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020

In any case, how is he nerfed?

The armour break potency, cruelty, precision and power lock duration has all been reduced since the deep dive was published. This means he’s outputting MUCH more damage in the deep dive than will be possible in game when he is released
  • Options
    The numbers were updated on the Forum 2 days before the Deep Dive went live, same day they were posted.
  • Options

The numbers were updated on the Forum 2 days before the Deep Dive went live, same day they were posted.

No, the deep dive has the unaltered numbers, it’s quite obvious if you watch that and then a ccp vid, he still hits like a truck but he’s not that insane
  • Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★

The deep dive is recorded at least 2 weeks in advance. We know this from dave’s Twitter as he normally tweets when the deep dives for the next month are complete

So we know it’s using the non updated CGR in the deep dive
  • Options
    Isn't there a Spotlight Email sent out when the Champ is released?
  • Options

Isn't there a Spotlight Email sent out when the Champ is released?

Dude, can you please stop trying to argue that it shouldn’t be taken down, it’s not like removing a video or sending a mail specifically stating he’s been toned down is a big deal, both can be done in a few seconds
  • Options
    I highly doubt they're going to take the video down.
  • Options
    OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★

I don’t think the OP is trying to argue the probabilistic likelihood of the video being taken down. He’s merely presenting his case for why he personally thinks it would be prudent to do so.
  • Options

I don’t think the OP is trying to argue the probabilistic likelihood of the video being taken down. He’s merely presenting his case for why he personally thinks it would be prudent to do so.
    Yeah, I know it’s quite unlikely, but it is something that should be done, or at the minimum my other suggestion of send an in game mail specifying the changes
  • Options

The OP is implying that people are somehow being misguided when the Champion isn't even in circulation yet. Doesn't matter to me. It could easily be a matter of making an update note in the Description on YouTube. In any event, there's a couple weeks between now and when he's released, and I personally think it makes no sense to take the whole video down because there were adjustments before release.
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    The video is fun to watch.No need to take it down.Maybe a disclaimer could be put up in the video.
  • Options

The OP is implying that people are somehow being misguided when the Champion isn't even in circulation yet. Doesn't matter to me. It could easily be a matter of making an update note in the Description on YouTube. In any event, there's a couple weeks between now and when he's released, and I personally think it makes no sense to take the whole video down because there were adjustments before release.
    I’m not really here to pitch in my opinion, or be convinced one way or another. Just though I’d clarify the OP’s position for you in case there was any misunderstanding.
    No, I understood what the OP wanted. I just thought it was reactionary. I don't think it's necessary to take the whole thing down.
  • Options
    OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★

I’m not really here to pitch in my opinion, or be convinced one way or another. Just though I’d clarify the OP’s position for you in case there was any misunderstanding.
    No, I understood what the OP wanted. I just thought it was reactionary. I don't think it's necessary to take the whole thing down.
    All good, no harm done.
  • Options

I think with the ccp vids being so early there’s gonna be an early access offer, though tbh I reckon people buying that will likely be aware of the nerf
  • Options
    KerayZKerayZ Posts: 220 ★★★
    Hi. Kabam are basically false advertising. Thousands of people have seen false numbers and won't bother to check back and see if anything is changed. That's literally what's going on. Definitely send an IN-GAME mail apologizing to all the summoners for officially putting false numbers on the main marvel contest of champions page. If you sell something for monetary value it needs to be accurate and unfortunately this was just lazy. DEEP DIVE more like DEEP FAKE. We all appreciate Grounded Wisdoms usual responses(please quit the game again) but people with half a brain know better.
  • Options
    DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    CGR's Deep Dive video is post nerf actually.
    You can compare the video to the spotlight.
    I think Kabam devs tweaked some numbers in-game but forgot to update the spotlight info.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★
    KerayZ said:

Hi. Kabam are basically false advertising. Thousands of people have seen false numbers and won't bother to check back and see if anything is changed. That's literally what's going on. Definitely send an IN-GAME mail apologizing to all the summoners for officially putting false numbers on the main marvel contest of champions page. If you sell something for monetary value it needs to be accurate and unfortunately this was just lazy. DEEP DIVE more like DEEP FAKE. We all appreciate Grounded Wisdoms usual responses(please quit the game again) but people with half a brain know better.

They aren't false numbers. There were changes made which makes them altered numbers. Kabam should either put a disclaimer in the deep dive or redo the video. It's looks as if the changes were recent as well.

They don't need to apologize, although communication about the changes in game would be good. Though editing the spotlight us good.
  • Options

The OP is right since the champ they are advertising in the Deep Dive , the official channel of Kabam, no longer performs as such, and is misleading. Keeping such a video is unethical, as the product they will now sell is not as strong.
  • Options

KerayZ said:

They aren't false numbers. There were changes made which makes them altered numbers. Kabam should either put a disclaimer in the deep dive or redo the video. It's looks as if the changes were recent as well.

They don't need to apologize, although communication about the changes in game would be good. Though editing the spotlight us good.
    They aren't true numbers.... which makes them, you guessed it... false.