**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Making the case for Vision Aarkus

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,442 ★★★★★

Now he isn't the best cosmic, that goes to hype or corvus depending on what you like or even CMM, but this guy...

Aarkus is by far my favorite evade counter. One combo and stop evasion, it's just too easy, like seriously. His ramp-up is difficult, but once executed, he just hits so hard. My favorite thing to do with him is to use his oml synergy and spam 10K special ones constantly. I learned a while after that he had a fury from an armor shattered special 3, and it changed so much for me. Mans was hitting 5K mediums like it was absolutely nothing and did a 20K special ones at r5 4*. Also, he is one of the best robot counters, considering he can shut them down and their power gain, which means champs like awakened OG vision are in the bin. Not to mention that his animations are just so much fun, and sometimes laggy, but when it isn't laggy, he's a blast to play. I know he isn't the best cosmic and did not do as well as claire voyant who came (got released) with him, but he is still damn good

@SpideyFunko lucky dude

Thanks for reading, Mcdonalds
P.S. before automatically clicking the disagree button, I said he isn't the best cosmic in the game

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    how do you play him? I tend to go Sp3, sp2, then sp3 if they’re somehow still alive.

Dudes great. Not like Hyperion, but still amazing.
  • FRITO_ManFRITO_Man Posts: 716 ★★★
    I personally just use him for alliance war defense
    But honestly, this dude is def a god tier cosmic. He like Medusa, but easier. The coldsnap is great, the armor breaks are effective, and the sp3 fury is awesome, particularly when armor shattered.

Great counter for Emma Frost, and is just fun to play.

8/10, he just lacks immunities.
  • I love playing Aarkus. He may not hit the hardest but he does some good work
    Mcdonalds said:

how do you play him? I tend to go Sp3, sp2, then sp3 if they’re somehow still alive.

Dudes great. Not like Hyperion, but still amazing.

Sp2 - Sp3 - Sp3 and repeat
    sometimes, if it's a short fight, I Sp2 and sp1 spam
    How bout u?
    I tend to go Sp3, sp2, then sp3

Like I said. Sp3 helps to really stack those armor breaks, then sp2 for the shatter
  • 10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    My 6* will be a likely candidate for R3 whenever I eventually form a Cosmic T5CC. He may not be the absolute best Cosmic, but he brings plenty to the table and, as others have pointed out, he's quite fun to play.
    I just want to dupe him maybe for his sig so I can place him on a good node. For now, he just sits on the bench unused. I've probably only used him 5 times ish?
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    He's too underrated. More than half the videos that initially showcased him didn't use the proper rotation and his damage looked underwhelming because of it.
    6* R2 hits 11k medium crits and 6.7k lights after ramp up without suicides
    Easily counters evade
    80% power drain resistance
    Passive power gain
    Shuts down robots (tech champs as well with synergy)
    Shrugs off non-damaging debuffs so void and encroaching stun counter
    Easily accessible armour breaks
    Actually usable in Abyss
    I'd take him over venom,medusa, vtd and the rest of the God tier cosmics
  • mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 995 ★★★★
    I have a 5/65. Don't use him a ton anymore, but man did he put in some awesome work in Act 6.2 where you have the class gated lanes, and all the enemies are tech. I would carry OG Vision to make the armor shatter benefits apply to any tech champ with a metal tag, expanding it beyond just robots.

He wrecked those lanes.
    Mcdonalds said:

He's too underrated. More than half the videos that initially showcased him didn't use the proper rotation and his damage looked underwhelming because of it.
    Easily counters evade
    Passive power gain
    Actually usable in Abyss

To add on with his vision synergy - he shuts down champs like Iron Man Infinity War, Darkhawk, Warlock, and also Sentinel Aka the champ before cav, as well as the Ultron boss on 6.1.2.
    this guy is a powerhouse

Okay, that theoretically could happen, but is basically impossible. Sentinel has biohazard which makes it almost impossible you will get to an s2 before you die. Darkhawk Warlock seems doable but would be a bit annoying. Lastly, you can't shut down ultron in 6.1.2 because spite + emp mod with Vision Aarkus's power gain will melt you alive. He's a decent robot counter and I used to use him for evade counters.
    edited October 2020
    Mcdonalds said:

Easily counters evade
    Passive power gain
    Actually usable in Abyss

To add on with his vision synergy - he shuts down champs like Iron Man Infinity War, Darkhawk, Warlock, and also Sentinel Aka the champ before cav, as well as the Ultron boss on 6.1.2.
    this guy is a powerhouse
    Doesnt need the vision synergy for Darkhawk, warlock, sentinel and Ultron.
    It's helpful for 6.3 Mysterio and a couple tricky IMIWs but it's quite niche
    Underdogg said:

Disagree with Aarkus being favorite evade counter. For me it's Mole man (true accuracy from the start) then it's Corvus w/ Proxima. Plus Mole Man is suicide friendly unlike Aarkus.

You generally only ever need 1 sp2 with aarkus' rotation for most matchups. Stick to sp3 and you're only taking recoil once a fight
  • JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
    Vision Aarkus is great. Only reason I don't use him is because he destroys my phone when I'm on android. Literally crashes the game sometimes.