**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

A missed opportunity to make Platinumpool the best ‘Pool’ in the game

BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,532 ★★★★
I have him at R4 and at sig lvl 7 and I find him to be fun to play with. How well the play is depends on the random card drop he gets. Now there are few things that could have made him a really great champ. But before I note my suggestions Kabam need to include him in the Nick Fury ‘Restoration Kit’ synergy with the other "pools." This is a given.

Now IMO what would have made him super - I would have had an extra 3 blue Epic cards to draw - one that like provides him with an extra 1,000 critical buff, another that adds 1,000 Armor up buff and a final buff that adds 1,000 to his block proficiency.

To give those 3 extra blue cards a higher % rate of being dealt, I'd have included Corvus for Critical buff, Hulkbuster for the Armor up buff and Guardian for the Block Proficiency buff. Make the synergy with them provide a 30% chance to draw the cards

Platinumpool would then be hands down the best 'Pool' in the game.

As he stands now he is IMO more like a ‘Silverpool.’

Comments

• BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,532 ★★★★
    Anyone run a team with Platinumpool and Heimdall and seen what happens while Platinumpool's Payback card it active???

Meaning have Payback active, let the opponent KO you and have Heimdall prevent your death and just watch 75% of the damage be reflected while getting back 100% of the damage as regen?
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    Which pool is better then?

Kerneas said:

Which pool is better then?

I don't own a Goldpool so i can't make a proper comparison.

Deadpool OG has pretty good regen
    Deadpool X-Force is terrible
    Platinumpool if the right cards are dealt is not too shabby
  • JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
    Gwenpool exists, remember? Or are we not counting her?

I forgot about her...I was just talking in general terms about 'Deadpool' and not derivative versions like Gwenpool
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★

I forgot her as well. She is arguably better than Platypool
  • Got to be careful making a champ that is only fully accessible through cash/mad RNG too powerful
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,577 ★★★★
    I think Platpools RNG dependency is actually a good thing. Like a really good thing. It’s meant to be a subtle nod to how the game is based on RNG.
  • WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,322 ★★★★
    edited October 2020
    Bulmkt said:

Now IMO what would have made him super - I would have had an extra 3 blue Epic cards to draw - one that like provides him with an extra 1,000 critical buff, another that adds 1,000 Armor up buff and a final buff that adds 1,000 to his block proficiency.

To give those 3 extra blue cards a higher % rate of being dealt, I'd have included Corvus for Critical buff, Hulkbuster for the Armor up buff and Guardian for the Block Proficiency buff. Make the synergy with them provide a 30% chance to draw the cards

Makes me remember Venom the Duck. Stacking Crit/Fury buffs or Block ones.

You want a Mutant Venom T Duck?
  • Jazzy011Jazzy011 Posts: 81
    Adding him to the Nick Fury synergy would actually make me want to buy him lol
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    Reality check, he's an expensive trophy champ, he's not meant to be that good. He's nothing more than a flex.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Trophy champs shouldn’t be super strong imo, they should be a trophy
    WOLF_LINK said:

Bulmkt said:

Makes me remember Venom the Duck. Stacking Crit/Fury buffs or Block ones.

You want a Mutant Venom T Duck?
    It wouldn’t be the worst thing to happen...plus keep the other cards PP can deal up
    Lvernon15 said:

Punisher OG isn’t too shabby...I especially like his open bleed debuff and he has a wicked SP2
    Bulmkt said:

Lvernon15 said:

Punisher OG isn’t too shabby...I especially like his open bleed debuff and he has a wicked SP2
    100% agree with you here mate..
    Can platinum pool pls be included in with the other pools re Nick Fury synergies?

@Kabam Miike
  • JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
    Bulmkt said:

Bulmkt said:

Lvernon15 said:

Subtly reviving your own post I see...

Bulmkt said:

Bulmkt said:

Lvernon15 said:

Subtly reviving your own post I see...
    Yep...
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,936 ★★★★★
    Last I checked platpool was the best pool
  • WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,322 ★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Platpool became even better with the Spider-Ham Synergy.
    WOLF_LINK said:

Crcrcrc said:

Platpool became even better with the Spider-Ham Synergy.
    Yes that is 100% true
    Crcrcrc said:

It would be nice to have him included with the other pools who provide synergy benefits. For example Nick Fury
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,259 ★★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Sad, since he still sucks.

(Venompool is the best 'Pool)