**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

A who to awaken poll

2»

Comments

• Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Archangel
    @Aziz5253 I just read your reply before it disappeared.

About 6.3.1 Medusa, I did use AA to solo her in my act 6 first clear. I was so surprised by the results, and it was the prenerf as well! Didn't even have despair to reduce the buffet heal either, but was still a clean solo.

There's also 6.4.something Thor rags that AA ridicules!
  • Options
    Aziz5253Aziz5253 Posts: 495 ★★★
    CMM
    Kill_Grey said:

About 6.3.1 Medusa, I did use AA to solo her in my act 6 first clear. I was so surprised by the results, and it was the prenerf as well! Didn't even have despair to reduce the buffet heal either, but was still a clean solo.

Yeah I messed up the spoiler code so edited it, and then it went for approval.

Is there any specific pattern you used for Medusa with AA? Or do I just keep on hitting after a few Neuros?
  • Options
    Archangel
    Aziz5253 said:

Kill_Grey said:

Is there any specific pattern you used for Medusa with AA? Or do I just keep on hitting after a few Neuros?
    Well, she had explosive personality and can autoblock because she's herself; so parry-heavy is the way to go, and also to be careful with your buffet triggering unless you have despair.

Don't throw special 1 or 2 and save up for SP 3. I'm not sure if she still has counterstrike, but the one I fought did. When you trigger the unblockable, throw your SP 3. She'll be stunned after, them what you'd need to do is to push her all the way back with your heavies, so as to get some spacing. Make sure you stick to heavies, or parry-medium-heavy. After the SP 3 stun, go medium-heavy, or she could autoblock, remove the stun, and get armor from explosive personality.
  • Options
    Archangel
    Kill_Grey said:

Aziz5253 said:

Kill_Grey said:

Well, she had explosive personality and can autoblock because she's herself; so parry-heavy is the way to go, and also to be careful with your buffet triggering unless you have despair.

Don't throw special 1 or 2 and save up for SP 3. I'm not sure if she still has counterstrike, but the one I fought did. When you trigger the unblockable, throw your SP 3. She'll be stunned after, them what you'd need to do is to push her all the way back with your heavies, so as to get some spacing. Make sure you stick to heavies, or parry-medium-heavy. After the SP 3 stun, go medium-heavy, or she could autoblock, remove the stun, and get armor from explosive personality.
    I just found out that counter strike was removed. It's a pretty standard AA fight now. I guess the SP 3 could now be for when you might get cornered.
  • Options
    MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    Why isn't doom on here?
  • Options
    Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    Archangel
    Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

@Kill_Grey Thanks for the tag!
    OP,
    If you wanna do CMM, do CMM.
    But.. if you ever get a mutant AG.. and that AA is still unduped.

Here. Just some food for thought.
    With AA the first thing you wanna do is check your opponents immunity, whether its base or node. His damage comes from applying bleeds, poisons and neurotoxins. Neuros are passive effects and are a bleed&poison combined.

If they are not immune to bleed or poison, then parry- heavy - watch them die while you smile gleefully. As you get used to using him, it becomes easier to punish heavies with your own to save block damage/against stun immune.
    If poison immune he can still put in work, just takes longer. He can't apply neuros to poison immune champs.
    If bleed immune use someone else. He can only apply poisons to bleed immune via sp3 but if you're willing for a looooong slow fight, why not.
    If facing someone who can purify posions eg Red Hulk you can apply neuro via sp3. Try not to parry though as purified posions give rhulk more heat charges and when he has multiple bleeds, AA has a high chance to poison on block. Intercept only.
    If they're double immune then really really don't use him it's gonna be a boring boring long fight with a bunch of grey immunes popping up every half second. I mean, if you're crazy and wanna take him against Darkhawk, by all means go for it. It'll be loooooong so I don't see why you would but it's not like you can't. There are a few matchups he should absolutely not be taken to - Cable (you die from degen) and Omega Red (you make him bleed, he gets death field, you die from spores)
    Now about his damage, the neurotoxin damage is crazy. He's great for 5.3 with the attack reduction due to his damage output, the fights don't seem as long. He also works similarly in v3. As his playstyle is primarily parry-heavy and he is a medium champ, in v2 his heavy won't be glanced.

Damage isn't all the neurotoxins do on a duped AA though. It gets better.
    With enough neuros depending on sig level he can shut down so much at 100% AAR, both defensive and offensive abilities and even some nodes like no retreat, masochism, caltrops, spite, unblockable finale, biohazard and some less significant ones like special lock 1/2. I'm sure there are more but I don't know all he can shut down. Yet.
    Magik's limbo doesn't proc, Voids debuffs can fail, Hela's indestructible, DP's power gain, Modok's autoblock, Mojo's strange Mojo stuff, spiderverse evades - if buffet is there, Venom isn't reliable, AA is - he can turn that off too. I've recently just learnt he can shut off the debuff transfer from Mr Sinister's sp1. He can turn the most annoying champ into just a blob with high health and attack. Looking at you Mojo.
    Note: make sure either there is no Force of Will node (immunity to AAR) or the champ themselves aren't immune to it. Longshot is a strange one. He is immune to AAR except from debuffs. Neuros are passive, so they don't count, but since Longshot can be bled and posioned, well RIP Longshot. Kingpin and Mordo and AA himself are also immune to AAR. You can neuro another AA to death you can't shut down his nodes etc. While usually that isn't much of a problem, but if you have an AA on biohazard, and you try and use your own, you'll die.
    Note 2: Don't use AA for Guardian unless he's on a poison immune node. You'll get shocked when Guardian gets a neuro. Unless your AA is unduped.
    He is good for lifecycle too, the bleed and poison are DoT but neuros are passive and still do damage. When at low health, parry, heavy to knockdown then the neuros kill them at 1% health.
    Bypass Safeguard with DoT, he's good for Diss Track but careful not to turn all your debuffs into passive neuros. He works better for poison immune here with just bleeds but he works. Just less heavies.
    Also great for bleed, posion vulnerability since you'll be applying a lot of those.
    On the other hand, he also doesn't really care about bleed/posion resistance provided that they do not have an immunity to the other, since he converts them to passive effects.
    Duped sig 1 = shuts down regen with 1 neuro. Even undupe, keep up posion and they reduce healing by 30%. With despair mastery the amount of debuffs he applies should shut off regen anyway.
    Neuros expiry can give you an opening to push them to another special if thats easiet to evade or transfer bane as they stun on expiry but sometimes I've been trying to bait sp and they get stunned and bane is about to be transferred so don't push them to nearly an sp3 and bait.
    With some practise you can use him against Thing to control rock stacks, but be prepared for a long fight, and I wouldn't recommend it but it can be done.
    His heavy timed right can be used against Mordos astral evade even though mordo is immune to AAR.
    He's a mutant champ and can place bleeds on Elsa Bloodstone, she's a piece of cake with him.
    He doesn't need his special attacks. So if you're on a Plagued Mind or Power Struggle node, he doesn't care. He doesn't need them. I'm not sure if he can turn off Plagued Mind. I don't think so.
    Note 3: When facing a Matador node, his AAR can prevent you gaining any power at all.
    He also doesn't rely on synergies so only needs one spot on the team. He can work with or without suicides, while he has no immunity himself, except to AAR (unless he's a horseman !!! I NEED APOCALYPSE!) he doesn't rely on his specials to access his damage and utility. Often he might not be the best choice for the boss but he sure can clear the path leaving you with 4 other close to full health champs for your boss kill.
    He was my first 5/65 sig 110 before Domino, Cap IW, Sunspot and I absolutely love him, but like most champs he has his weaknesses. There's probably a lot more that I've missed but hope it helps.

The AA master himself.
    Teach me your ways, for I am but a noob 🙇🏼‍♂️
    *herself lol
    I'm sure there's people who know much more about him than me. I'm still learning all the smaller bits and pieces.
    Lol, another comment I just made went for approval, RIP

While that's happening, how do you counter Mordo with AA? Also, how does that red hulk stuff actually work? Because I noticed that the SP 3 seems to apply the debuffs separately 🤔
    It's not always gauranteed. I wouldn't recommend him as a great counter. But basically he evades but he gets clipped before he finishes his evade and dash in. There are some videos on YT. But I haven't got the timing down yet to do it all the time
    As for Red Hulk, I've always had the sp3 apply a neuro straight away, and on other champs too. I'm guessing since it's a purify and not an actual immunity, it doesn't kick in till after the sp3 animation, at which point it's already been converted.

• Options
    Archangel
    Aziz5253 said:

Kill_Grey said:

Poison immune. No neuros. He won't need to be duped for this fight. I haven't done it yet tho.
  • Options
    Archangel

Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

@Kill_Grey Thanks for the tag!
    OP,
    If you wanna do CMM, do CMM.
    But.. if you ever get a mutant AG.. and that AA is still unduped.

Here. Just some food for thought.
    With AA the first thing you wanna do is check your opponents immunity, whether its base or node. His damage comes from applying bleeds, poisons and neurotoxins. Neuros are passive effects and are a bleed&poison combined.

If they are not immune to bleed or poison, then parry- heavy - watch them die while you smile gleefully. As you get used to using him, it becomes easier to punish heavies with your own to save block damage/against stun immune.
    If poison immune he can still put in work, just takes longer. He can't apply neuros to poison immune champs.
    If bleed immune use someone else. He can only apply poisons to bleed immune via sp3 but if you're willing for a looooong slow fight, why not.
    If facing someone who can purify posions eg Red Hulk you can apply neuro via sp3. Try not to parry though as purified posions give rhulk more heat charges and when he has multiple bleeds, AA has a high chance to poison on block. Intercept only.
    If they're double immune then really really don't use him it's gonna be a boring boring long fight with a bunch of grey immunes popping up every half second. I mean, if you're crazy and wanna take him against Darkhawk, by all means go for it. It'll be loooooong so I don't see why you would but it's not like you can't. There are a few matchups he should absolutely not be taken to - Cable (you die from degen) and Omega Red (you make him bleed, he gets death field, you die from spores)
    Now about his damage, the neurotoxin damage is crazy. He's great for 5.3 with the attack reduction due to his damage output, the fights don't seem as long. He also works similarly in v3. As his playstyle is primarily parry-heavy and he is a medium champ, in v2 his heavy won't be glanced.

Damage isn't all the neurotoxins do on a duped AA though. It gets better.
    With enough neuros depending on sig level he can shut down so much at 100% AAR, both defensive and offensive abilities and even some nodes like no retreat, masochism, caltrops, spite, unblockable finale, biohazard and some less significant ones like special lock 1/2. I'm sure there are more but I don't know all he can shut down. Yet.
    Magik's limbo doesn't proc, Voids debuffs can fail, Hela's indestructible, DP's power gain, Modok's autoblock, Mojo's strange Mojo stuff, spiderverse evades - if buffet is there, Venom isn't reliable, AA is - he can turn that off too. I've recently just learnt he can shut off the debuff transfer from Mr Sinister's sp1. He can turn the most annoying champ into just a blob with high health and attack. Looking at you Mojo.
    Note: make sure either there is no Force of Will node (immunity to AAR) or the champ themselves aren't immune to it. Longshot is a strange one. He is immune to AAR except from debuffs. Neuros are passive, so they don't count, but since Longshot can be bled and posioned, well RIP Longshot. Kingpin and Mordo and AA himself are also immune to AAR. You can neuro another AA to death you can't shut down his nodes etc. While usually that isn't much of a problem, but if you have an AA on biohazard, and you try and use your own, you'll die.
    Note 2: Don't use AA for Guardian unless he's on a poison immune node. You'll get shocked when Guardian gets a neuro. Unless your AA is unduped.
    He is good for lifecycle too, the bleed and poison are DoT but neuros are passive and still do damage. When at low health, parry, heavy to knockdown then the neuros kill them at 1% health.
    Bypass Safeguard with DoT, he's good for Diss Track but careful not to turn all your debuffs into passive neuros. He works better for poison immune here with just bleeds but he works. Just less heavies.
    Also great for bleed, posion vulnerability since you'll be applying a lot of those.
    On the other hand, he also doesn't really care about bleed/posion resistance provided that they do not have an immunity to the other, since he converts them to passive effects.
    Duped sig 1 = shuts down regen with 1 neuro. Even undupe, keep up posion and they reduce healing by 30%. With despair mastery the amount of debuffs he applies should shut off regen anyway.
    Neuros expiry can give you an opening to push them to another special if thats easiet to evade or transfer bane as they stun on expiry but sometimes I've been trying to bait sp and they get stunned and bane is about to be transferred so don't push them to nearly an sp3 and bait.
    With some practise you can use him against Thing to control rock stacks, but be prepared for a long fight, and I wouldn't recommend it but it can be done.
    His heavy timed right can be used against Mordos astral evade even though mordo is immune to AAR.
    He's a mutant champ and can place bleeds on Elsa Bloodstone, she's a piece of cake with him.
    He doesn't need his special attacks. So if you're on a Plagued Mind or Power Struggle node, he doesn't care. He doesn't need them. I'm not sure if he can turn off Plagued Mind. I don't think so.
    Note 3: When facing a Matador node, his AAR can prevent you gaining any power at all.
    He also doesn't rely on synergies so only needs one spot on the team. He can work with or without suicides, while he has no immunity himself, except to AAR (unless he's a horseman !!! I NEED APOCALYPSE!) he doesn't rely on his specials to access his damage and utility. Often he might not be the best choice for the boss but he sure can clear the path leaving you with 4 other close to full health champs for your boss kill.
    He was my first 5/65 sig 110 before Domino, Cap IW, Sunspot and I absolutely love him, but like most champs he has his weaknesses. There's probably a lot more that I've missed but hope it helps.

The AA master himself.
    Teach me your ways, for I am but a noob 🙇🏼‍♂️
    *herself lol
    I'm sure there's people who know much more about him than me. I'm still learning all the smaller bits and pieces.
    Lol, another comment I just made went for approval, RIP

While that's happening, how do you counter Mordo with AA? Also, how does that red hulk stuff actually work? Because I noticed that the SP 3 seems to apply the debuffs separately 🤔
    It's not always gauranteed. I wouldn't recommend him as a great counter. But basically he evades but he gets clipped before he finishes his evade and dash in. There are some videos on YT. But I haven't got the timing down yet to do it all the time
    As for Red Hulk, I've always had the sp3 apply a neuro straight away, and on other champs too. I'm guessing since it's a purify and not an actual immunity, it doesn't kick in till after the sp3 animation, at which point it's already been converted.

Oh, I see
  • Options
    Archangel

@Kill_Grey, I didn't do a great job of explaining the Mordo thing. I wasn't very sure, so I went to duel him.
    AA can parry attack him pretty reliably actually. I got clipped once but I knew I was too slow as soon as I dropped the heavy. I also tried to slow it down a little and take screenshots.

Aa parries Mordo and stuns him

Mordo shrugs off the stun, evades and goes to counter

Mordo is no longer stunned, AA's heavy is faster and has good reach, he is clipped before he can go in.

https://youtu.be/rk97N4weH3U
    Hope that clears it up a bit more.
  • Options
    Archangel

@Kill_Grey, I didn't do a great job of explaining the Mordo thing. I wasn't very sure, so I went to duel him.
    AA can parry attack him pretty reliably actually. I got clipped once but I knew I was too slow as soon as I dropped the heavy. I also tried to slow it down a little and take screenshots.

Aa parries Mordo and stuns him

Mordo shrugs off the stun, evades and goes to counter

Mordo is no longer stunned, AA's heavy is faster and has good reach, he is clipped before he can go in.

https://youtu.be/rk97N4weH3U
    Hope that clears it up a bit more.

Ah, that's very useful info. Thanks! 🙂