**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How is Defender Rating Calculated?

PaperPaper Posts: 40
edited September 2017 in General Discussion
Could someone clear up whether or not defender rating is calculated similar to prestige (doesn't consider mastery points or synergies that inflate PI) and only base PI+signature levels when it comes to war points. Thanks!

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,239 ★★★★★
    edited September 2017
    It's not based on PI or Prestige. It's 125 Points per unique Defender.
  • beaupoembeaupoem Posts: 443
    @GroundedWisdom that's diversity, not defender rating
    beaupoem wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom that's diversity, not defender rating

Ah. My bad. Defender Rating is 0.002 Points per PI placed. Thanks for pointing that out. I read too fast. Diversity is the biggest question lately.
  • PaperPaper Posts: 40
    @GroundedWisdom Do you know if that applies to inflated PI through synergies and/or masteries?
    edited September 2017
    Paper wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom Do you know if that applies to inflated PI through synergies and/or masteries?

I believe it's calculated from the total placed after the Node Boosts, so I think so. Basically, 0.002 Points for every PI after the Champs are placed. I have yet to do the math, but next War I'll add them up and calculate it. If the Boosts from Nodes apply, Boosts from Masteries and Boosts would as well. I'll let you know, unless we get an official response.
  • beaupoembeaupoem Posts: 443
    i think it does consider masteries, since someone was talking about an alliance winning because they ran full suicides and got a higher defender rating
  • BCdiscmanBCdiscman Posts: 348
    edited September 2017
    It shouldn't if it were fair but KABAM never has been fair. G.W. we will need to wait until you or someone else can get the data because I highly doubt the Moderators have a clue. AW is broken and almost unplayable IMHO. It no longer matters if you are good or not. Skill has been completely taken out of the system. How diverse your Champs are and if you are willing to rank them up is all that matters. This is just another money grab. 'Let's force players to spend to rank up the horrible champs as well as the useful ones'.
  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    BCdiscman wrote: »
    It shouldn't if it were fair but KABAM never has been fair. G.W. we will need to wait until you or someone else can get the data because I highly doubt the Moderators have a clue. AW is broken and almost unplayable IMHO. It no longer matters if you are good or not. Skill has been completely taken out of the system. How diverse your Champs are and if you are willing to rank them up is all that matters. This is just another money grab. 'Let's force players to spend to rank up the horrible champs as well as the useful ones'.

That is not completely true. It depends on the tier you are at. It is based off of the collective PI of all the defenders that you place. That is why many members of alliances are now running a suicide mastery setup to increase their PI for the champs that they place. Because once you maximize your defender diversity points you have to start trying to maximize your points in other areas like defender rating.
  • beaupoem wrote: »
    i think it does consider masteries, since someone was talking about an alliance winning because they ran full suicides and got a higher defender rating

Yeah I confirmed yesterday. It takes Masteries and synergies into account.
  • That is not completely true. It depends on the tier you are at. It is based off of the collective PI of all the defenders that you place. That is why many members of alliances are now running a suicide mastery setup to increase their PI for the champs that they place. Because once you maximize your defender diversity points you have to start trying to maximize your points in other areas like defender rating.

That is my exact point. Skill is now completely gone. Players now are needing to make their Champs even easier to beat by running suicides. Any good player knows you can make an opponent KO itself if it is running suicides. Just bait it's L1 recoil will KO it. Why even play AW any longer it KABAM has so ruined it? AW is the new Duel Skirmish (players moan, groan and complain when it is time to play). This is ****!!!
    Just to update this for anyone else looking over it later, I did the math this round of AW and defender rating definitely takes all PI, even inflated via synergies and mastery points, into consideration when granting points. So yes, everyone should be running suicides and maximizing synergies for AW defense under this system.
  • StrStr Posts: 547 ★★
    edited October 2017
    Would it be possible to post some screen shots or evidence of this? The debate is still ongoing in our alliance and leaders are looking for some proof. Thanks.
  • Str wrote: »
    Would it be possible to post some screen shots or evidence of this? The debate is still ongoing in our alliance and leaders are looking for some proof. Thanks.

Just do the math, add up your defender ratings once every 30 members have placed, and then compare that # to the # displayed as defender rating in your war info.

It’s not a debate.

You want to win in tier 1, you have to put on full suicide+30% boosts (from the 1400 unit questing bundle).

It’s only costing us 700 units per war...smh kabam...
    edited October 2017
    @Str Yea, Randomly Generated is completely right. Suicides, boosts, and synergies all count and match defender rating points when the bloated PI is multiplied by the 0.002 point system. So basically everything about AW right now is terrible.