**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Best Tech champion

Comments

• Options
    NumanNuman Posts: 276 ★★
    edited October 2020
    Will3808 said:

Will3808 said:

First of all, I can’t argue the g2099 vs warlock fight because I don’t have a warlock but I do have a g2099 and she’s very underwhelming. I also really like starky even though my ghost pulls me through everything

Just curious as to how you find her underwhelming?
    She has okay base damage which significantly improves after 100 but it’s such a pain to get there. She can only crit once ever 20 hits and only when a prefight is activated. This has one practical use and that’s against hulkbuster to prevent getting shocked from your crits but normally it’s a huge downside. Her other two prefight abilities do practically nothing because the health steal is minuscule and power drain does pretty much nothing also. So all in all, her only use that is worth your time is super long fights and even then you have to worry about ending with a sp 3 to start the next fight without a massive ramp up. And even in cases that she is useful aegon is a far better option.
    Totally disagree with you
    She has really high block prof with 2 Digi souls for one and her dmg is not that bad after 50 hits considering all other fights are gonna be a breeze
    Next up her ability to not crit has more uses than against Hulkbuster (corvus cmm or any armour break champion is far better in this scenario) it's a blessing against nodes like thorns rage and energy dmg bypasses safeguard and other dmg caps
    Now prefights
    Life steal -agreed it's miniscule but that thing adds up with intercepting and backdrafts
    Crit one - probably the worst one of all three but I could see it being used for the ramp up fight
    Power drain - such a godly prefight really useful in fights like prenerfed act 6 sinister(she is one of those champs who can solo that fight with Heimdall) also useful while facing champs with difficult spls to dodge or punishing spls just block after each combo reparry mlllm and you are good no spls to worry abt
    Personally I don't use her prefights much I rather have that 40% regen and higher block prof
    Now you can't just go on comparing Aegon with every champ this poll is suppose to discuss abt tech class
    She does have some drawbacks like ending fights with sp3 and yeah too much dmg is a thing with her she gets punished from nodes which drain your power or lock your power
    Also one of her drawbacks is against final bosses if you mess up then she is no good
    Overall she is really a great champ probably tied with warlock for second place from what I have heard (don't have a warlock)
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Sentinel
    Where's the Sentinel love? The dude is hands down just as good as Warlock.
  • Options
    shield456shield456 Posts: 1,979 ★★★
    Iron Man Infinity War
    So according to the poll, warlock is the 2nd
    Strongest tech in the game followed by Guilly 2099
  • Options
    UnidentifiedCreatureUnidentifiedCreature Posts: 589 ★★★
    Guillone 2099
    @Mcdonalds waiting for your 5000 wrod long essay about Hulkbuster
  • Options
    shield456shield456 Posts: 1,979 ★★★
    Iron Man Infinity War
    Korg said:

Oh no boi.
    It's a tie between hulkbuster and Starky dude don't be mad at me @Mcdonalds
  • Options
    SneakyWarriorSneakyWarrior Posts: 853 ★★★★
    Warlock
    Mcdonalds said:

Korg said:

Still writing it to this day
    as long as its not like MaxGaming's overhyped taskmaster appreciation thread, take as long as you need.
  • Options
    SneakyWarriorSneakyWarrior Posts: 853 ★★★★
    Warlock
    Mcdonalds said:

Mcdonalds said:

Korg said:

Still writing it to this day
    as long as its not like MaxGaming's overhyped taskmaster appreciation thread, take as long as you need.
    Pls link. Need to filter mine for any mistakes
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/224019/taskmaster-appreciation-thread#latest
    my dude literally hyped a 2 paragraph appreciation thread.
  • Options
    Sentinel
    Mcdonalds said:

Werewrym said:

I like him too in V3
    He’s not just good in V3. I bring him to every game mode. I have videos of him soloing Doom and Thing bosses in AW. And people still want to argue that Warlock is better, lol.
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020
    Warlock
    Werewrym said:

Mcdonalds said:

Werewrym said:

I like him too in V3
    He’s not just good in V3. I bring him to every game mode. I have videos of him soloing Doom and Thing bosses in AW. And people still want to argue that Warlock is better, lol.
    https://youtu.be/6nGCjsxkKIw
    Oh man, there's a video of Abomination soloing a T1 Thing boss! And people still want to argue that Quake is better, lol.
  • Options
    Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020
    I knew who wrote this thread before I even clicked it. This is like a song on auto-repeat
  • Options
    Sentinel
    Etjama said:

Werewrym said:

Mcdonalds said:

Werewrym said:

I like him too in V3
    Oh man, there's a video of Abomination soloing a T1 Thing boss! And people still want to argue that Quake is better, lol.
    You’re comparing apples and papaya, so not really a valid argument.
  • Options
    Warlock
    Werewrym said:

Etjama said:

Werewrym said:

Mcdonalds said:

Werewrym said:

I like him too in V3
    Saying that someone is better because you've solo'd war bosses with them isn't a valid argument either.
  • Options
    Sentinel
    Etjama said:

Werewrym said:

Etjama said:

Werewrym said:

Mcdonalds said:

Werewrym said:

I like him too in V3
    Saying that someone is better because you've solo'd war bosses with them isn't a valid argument either.
    Yeah fair, but I have much more proof than just a couple boss kills. However, these are some of the more noteable fights which is why I use them as examples. Sentinel being a viable boss killer in war is a big difference between him and Warlock so it is one of the better ways of showing off how good he is.

I'm not looking for people to agree with me that Sentinel is better than Warlock, I just want people to stop claiming that he is a lesser Warlock, hes very different than Warlock and does a lot of things that Warlock doesn't do.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,805 ★★★★★
    Mcdonalds said:

Werewrym said:

Etjama said:

Werewrym said:

Etjama said:

Werewrym said:

Mcdonalds said:

Werewrym said:

I like him too in V3
    Yeah fair, but I have much more proof than just a couple boss kills. However, these are some of the more noteable fights which is why I use them as examples. Sentinel being a viable boss killer in war is a big difference between him and Warlock so it is one of the better ways of showing off how good he is.

I'm not looking for people to agree with me that Sentinel is better than Warlock, I just want people to stop claiming that he is a lesser Warlock, hes very different than Warlock and does a lot of things that Warlock doesn't do.
    And warlock can do A LOT of things sentinel can’t do
    like?
  • Options
    Warlock

Mcdonalds said:

Werewrym said:

Etjama said:

Werewrym said:

Etjama said:

Werewrym said:

Mcdonalds said:

Werewrym said:

I like him too in V3

like?
    Power control, more easily accessible regen, passive heal block which counters any possible kind of healing rather than a debuff, armor up which means he's a Havok counter, frostbite and coldsnap immunity counters Iceman and other coldsnap nodes, and offensive AAR is very useful.

Meanwhile, Sentinel has slightly better damage and incinerate. He literally does nothing else that Warlock can't.
  • Options
    Sentinel
    Etjama said:

Mcdonalds said:

Werewrym said:

Etjama said:

Werewrym said:

Etjama said:

Werewrym said:

Mcdonalds said:

Werewrym said:

I like him too in V3

like?
    Power control, more easily accessible regen, passive heal block which counters any possible kind of healing rather than a debuff, armor up which means he's a Havok counter, frostbite and coldsnap immunity counters Iceman and other coldsnap nodes, and offensive AAR is very useful.

Meanwhile, Sentinel has slightly better damage and incinerate. He literally does nothing else that Warlock can't.
    You really want to sell Sentinel short don’t you...? At this point I have to assume you have not read sentinels abilities because you clearly don’t understand the differences between Sentinel and Warlock.
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Warlock
    Werewrym said:

Etjama said:

Mcdonalds said:

Werewrym said:

Etjama said:

Werewrym said:

Etjama said:

Werewrym said:

Mcdonalds said:

Werewrym said:

I like him too in V3

like?

You really want to sell Sentinel short don’t you...? At this point I have to assume you have not read sentinels abilities because you clearly don’t understand the differences between Sentinel and Warlock.
    Armor breaks and heal block on sp1.As said by @Etjama only incinerate is unique to sentinel.
  • Options
    Warlock
    Werewrym said:

Etjama said:

Mcdonalds said:

Werewrym said:

Etjama said:

Werewrym said:

Etjama said:

Werewrym said:

Mcdonalds said:

Werewrym said:

I like him too in V3

like?

Please explain to me how anything I said is wrong. Everything I stated is a fact. And I'm not trying to sell Sentinel short, he's just not better than Warlock.