**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Arena scoring suggestion

So the arena is a constant grind for most players, although it is a core feature of the game it is not the most exciting. And let's admit, bigger rosters equates to higher scores in a game where skill should matter a bit.

So what if the scoring system changed a little in arenas:
- 50% of your victory score is set off your champions PI stats and rank level as normal;
- The other 50% is based on the remaining health of the champion (thus 100% health equates to the full score, or 25% health equates to 25% of the second 50% of points awarded).

This hopefully adding some value to skill and importance to all the arena fights?

Any thoughts?

Comments

• HuluhulaHuluhula Posts: 263
    I think arenas are meant to be super super easy and repetitive so that you get a feel for different champs by fighting them repetitively. I don't think the arena has anything to do with skill it's more or less a training ground.
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    This would actually make the arenas worse and harder for so many players to compete in.
    I don't know where you're at in the game or how well you do in the arenas. But consider who is winning the arenas now. People with high PI champs, and no one is losing health in these arena fights. It would just create more distance for those trying to keep up.
  • EL_Rojo44EL_Rojo44 Posts: 18
    R4GE wrote: »
    I don't know where you're at in the game or how well you do in the arenas. But consider who is winning the arenas now. People with high PI champs, and no one is losing health in these arena fights. It would just create more distance for those trying to keep up.

How about giving bonus points for a perfect fight? Not health lost because we know most folks catch blocking damage. I`m suggesting a simpler 20% extra points if the AI fails to land a clean hit. A summoner of any level can manage that if he/she has any skill.
    EL_Rojo44 wrote: »
    R4GE wrote: »

How about giving bonus points for a perfect fight? Not health lost because we know most folks catch blocking damage. I`m suggesting a simpler 20% extra points if the AI fails to land a clean hit. A summoner of any level can manage that if he/she has any skill.

Most players go on an infinite streak and all fights are easy, no losses taken. Just increasing the spread still for those of us still killing it in the arenas
  • I have a thought: you think your skill will help you to score more than most of the rest of us. Chances are, that would not be the case. Not dogging you, but telling you that we're skilled as well.

This is the system. If you are not getting the rank rewards you want, then you have to patiently build your roster. That's what the rest of us did.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    edited September 2017
    I would prefer not fighting the same Summoners with the same threesome over and over again. That would be an improvement. Talk about repetition and mindlessness.

Dr. Zola