**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Mystery item

124»

Comments

• Options
    ApacheApache Posts: 558 ★★
    lol for a game that makes millions and overprices stuff they are cheap as hell with free prizes. by far the worse in the app store
  • Options
    Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    edited September 2017
    Hey guys,

They said they were making T4C "more available" to everyone... This **** mystery item will be what they point to when someone says they aren't seeing it.

In all honesty, I'm sure there are some people in this game that think any T4C frags are a huge bonus, so I guess this whole calendar is a gift to them. For anyone that's not languishing in the bottom half of the community, this calendar was garbage from beginning to end, and the only "bright spot" was the mystery item that turned out to me more trash.

Time for a separate UNCOLLECTED calendar, Kabam. The whole game is getting stagnant at the top 5-10%.
  • Options
    LewisTheLlamaLewisTheLlama Posts: 301 ★★★
    Well.. it gave me a good laugh? For free..
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    It is literally a Reward for turning the game on. As for the value, it still has a value. Perhaps not for people who have T4CC expiring, but that's a whole other issue. Either way, the Login Rewards with this game are better than just about any I've seen in terms of the In-Game Value. It's something for nothing. Which is why I don't start thinking about 5*s, or T2As, or 6* Shards, or anything really. It leads to disappointment with whatever comes. There could be no Calendar. It's not owed to us.
  • Options
    JuggerneyksJuggerneyks Posts: 275 ★★
    edited September 2017
    Yea i can see the top 5-20% having an issue with that reward but for me as a 200k + player they were useful, not game breaking but i added a few shards towards another rank 4* 5 or 3 5*, as a player who spends very little money on the game i need little gifts like this to continue to add to my counts. I have to agree with @GroundedWisdom on this 1 (crazy right?) this **** is free, we survived when calender's weren't a thing and we would survive without them again(allthough all the people **** about **** rewards would now be **** about how they dont get anything now)
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★
    It is literally a Reward for turning the game on. As for the value, it still has a value. Perhaps not for people who have T4CC expiring, but that's a whole other issue. Either way, the Login Rewards with this game are better than just about any I've seen in terms of the In-Game Value. It's something for nothing. Which is why I don't start thinking about 5*s, or T2As, or 6* Shards, or anything really. It leads to disappointment with whatever comes. There could be no Calendar. It's not owed to us.

Actually, it isn't something for nothing.

Two of the most important phone game metrics are revenue and user engagement. The calendar, along with things like daily crystals, 4 hour crystals, solo events, etc. are all ways to keep users active and engaged.

So when you do "nothing" by logging in, you are actually providing an input to the system that has value for the developer. (And of course, there's no way to generate revenue for the game unless you have done "nothing" by logging in.)

And for logging in, you get "something"--in this case, a set of pixels that the ToS are clear are not really "yours" in any legal, property-ownership sense. Which means, in reality, you receive "something" that is actually "nothing" for doing "something."

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    I think everybody is expecting the 5* shard calendar we had a few months back. Not sure that will happen again but anything less than that and just about everybody will complain.

@Kabam Miike A cool idea for a true mystery item could be a mystery crystal that has a bunch of possible items inside;

T4cc fragments
    Full T4cc
    T4b fragments
    Full T4b
    X amount of units
    3/4/5 champ
    etc

It would keep with the mystery item theme and not rile up so many people but it will be just like any other crystal spin.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    DrZola wrote: »

Actually, it isn't something for nothing.

Two of the most important phone game metrics are revenue and user engagement. The calendar, along with things like daily crystals, 4 hour crystals, solo events, etc. are all ways to keep users active and engaged.

So when you do "nothing" by logging in, you are actually providing an input to the system that has value for the developer. (And of course, there's no way to generate revenue for the game unless you have done "nothing" by logging in.)

And for logging in, you get "something"--in this case, a set of pixels that the ToS are clear are not really "yours" in any legal, property-ownership sense. Which means, in reality, you receive "something" that is actually "nothing" for doing "something."

Dr. Zola

It IS for nothing, actually. We receive Rewards for turning the game on. Now, yes. As per the TOS, it ALL remains property of Kabam. However, in terms of receiving it, we do nothing out of our own way to receive it. We log on. If we don't, we don't receive it. It's really that simple. I highly doubt that a significant number of people are logging on for those alone, or that they are vehemently dependent on those metrics.
    TL:DR - It's a Login Bonus. Not payment. We really have no room for reasonable expectations because it's not mandatory that they give it.