**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Gambit buff release notes are out!

2»

Comments

• Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

hes also gonna be great for suicides and the only bad thing i see so far is the reduction of stun chance on sp1 from 100% to 85%. would have been cool to see him get some new synergies but its fine.

Isn’t this same as the old Gambit stun chance?

Dr. Zola
    He gets 20% ability accuracy when they don’t have an armor buff
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

This man is gonna be insane on biohazard. His regen will be beyond absurd.

Regen ?
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020
    Texas_11 said:

This man is gonna be insane on biohazard. His regen will be beyond absurd.

Regen ?
    He has 150% resistance to bleed, so idk if that means he regens 50% of the damage others would have taken or what.

Edit: at the very least it would have willpower like OR and Magneto with 1 point in coagulate
  • DarkKnight646DarkKnight646 Posts: 84
    Im delighted, this is just what I needed, a good electro counter
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    He looks great. Maybe I’ll take my six star one up to r2. It’ll be nice to have another bleed resistant champ
  • Doctor_Strange19Doctor_Strange19 Posts: 252 ★★★
    Gambit’s a Magik counter too
  • Why aren’t these 2 Updated SPOTLIGHT's (Gambit and Falcon) showing as new (or on top of) on the main MCOC site where they’re located ?

Still shows Showdown Qualifiers, 28.2, and Roblin / CGR as most recent.

Are they final yet, or maybe not “bumped” yet if they are still working on them ?
  • Ok, so new Spotlights just got put up here officially on Forum posts.

(wonder if them updating Spotlight in main MCOC doesn’t automatically trigger a Bump over there)
  • Bsweezy0821Bsweezy0821 Posts: 213 ★★
    Looks like my 5* gambit will now have uses
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★
    I have a 6* r2 gambit. Had t5b expiring and thought he might be a good option to do. And I'm not very impressed. His bleed immunity sounds good for cav mutant path, but overall... he should've been like that when he was released first, expected something more spicy. Also

>>Blocking
    Gambit charges his weapons while holding Block, gaining a Kinetic Charge every 0.40 seconds. Kinetic Charges build up more slowly as Gambit accumulates more of them. Max Charges: 10.
    Dev Note: Gambit has the same base timer for building his Kinetic Charges, but they do not slow down nearly as much and he should be able to hit the cap of 10 much faster now!

Is it that difficult to put exact numbers there?
  • BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,547 ★★★★
    Isn’t it just wonderful to get the great news that your duped sig 20 6* Gambit will finally now be a worthwhile champ
  • BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,547 ★★★★
    Best news I have read today...

• Psychic_2002Psychic_2002 Posts: 195
    Etjama said:

Surprise Seatin hasn’t done a video about them.

Lol, give him a minute, dude.
    Still hasn’t lol

• WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★
    Aleor said:

I have a 6* r2 gambit. Had t5b expiring and thought he might be a good option to do. And I'm not very impressed. His bleed immunity sounds good for cav mutant path, but overall... he should've been like that when he was released first, expected something more spicy. Also

>>Blocking
    Gambit charges his weapons while holding Block, gaining a Kinetic Charge every 0.40 seconds. Kinetic Charges build up more slowly as Gambit accumulates more of them. Max Charges: 10.
    Dev Note: Gambit has the same base timer for building his Kinetic Charges, but they do not slow down nearly as much and he should be able to hit the cap of 10 much faster now!

Is it that difficult to put exact numbers there?

.... So, Omega red's thorn counter, 400% Prowess, and 150% bleed resist is not spicy enough? Idk man sounds pretty spicy to me
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,346 ★★★★★

https://playcontestofchampions.com/champion-spotlight-gambit/
    a new ability called Flax Jacket and what i think is a namor like sig ability.

Sorry to disappoint, mate:
    Flak jacket is something he's always had; although it's significantly improved upon with this buff.

His jacket breaks when he's taken a certain amount of damage. Currently his Sig allows it to break when he's taken a bit more damage.

I'm pretty sure that it works basically the same (but better); not that it literally 'absorbs' the damage like Invisible Woman's force field.

Also (@Black_Swan) : 150% Bleed resistance doesn't mean that he's going to spontaneously regenerate when bleeding (except via Willpower). Resistance can't turn damage negative.

However, what it will do is show him to cope with 'Enhanced Bleed' nodes which could otherwise cause him damage - Kabam generally codes these as additive; so (for example) Silver Surfer takes Incinerate damage on 'Enhanced Incinerate' nodes despite being 100% resistant. Gambit will now be totally resistant to bleeding, but won't be 'punished' for this immunity by champs like Clare Voyant, Yondu and X-23.