**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How To Build Suicides Mastery Setup

So I'm like 40% new to the game and have the the concept more or less on what to do in this game. I've heard of people running this "Suicides" mastery setup and it seems to really come in handy. So I was wondering exactly how I can run an efficient Suicides setup and what to unlock and upgrade in masteries to get it where I need it to be.

Comments

• Options
    ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    Valkyrion5 wrote: »
    So I'm like 40% new to the game and have the the concept more or less on what to do in this game. I've heard of people running this "Suicides" mastery setup and it seems to really come in handy. So I was wondering exactly how I can run an efficient Suicides setup and what to unlock and upgrade in masteries to get it where I need it to be.

Start with willpower on defense. Before adding suicides you have to have willpower to gain back some of what you lose with poison or bleed.
  • Options
    Valkyrion5Valkyrion5 Posts: 12
    After that then what other masteries do I get
  • Options
    Get Recovery to help out to. Maybe salve.
  • Options
    Anything in Attack?
  • Options
    Offense I mean, not attack
  • Options
    NDK13NDK13 Posts: 620 ★★
    after defence go to offence and unlock double edge and the poison one
  • Options
    Is Deep Wounds a good option? I like to use my 4* Gwenpool so it seemed like a good option
  • Options
    ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    Valkyrion5 wrote: »
    Is Deep Wounds a good option? I like to use my 4* Gwenpool so it seemed like a good option

It is, but thought you were asking about suicides.
  • Options
    Yea, but I just meant like as an extra added bonus mastery
  • Options
    Yea, but I just meant like as an extra added bonus mastery

Is your team mostly filled with bleed champs?
  • Options
    Not really
  • Options
    I run double edge day to day. You lose 20% health at beginning of fight but as suggested willpower salve etc helps minimize damage or having a bleed immune champ. I toyed with liquid courage but that damage never stops and on a health block node like facing dormammu in aq boss i am dying during the fight as i cant recover health. At least the bleed stops
  • Options
    The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    With Masteries, depending on what level you are, has anyone looked into whether suicides or higher crit dmg and rate are better?
    I mean for some suicides you get a % higher attack and loose % health. But you can also gain percentage higher attack technically with Crit rate and dmg or adding attack points or % right?
    You can have both but is better to focus in one particular area or has anyone actually graphed the results of using certain attack enhancing masteries over others?
  • Options
    The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    Also, I use MD and spam those sick SP1 and sp2 of my mystics which I have in spades! That is a big boost in attack as well as I hit those more often in fights.
  • Options
    With Masteries, depending on what level you are, has anyone looked into whether suicides or higher crit dmg and rate are better?
    I mean for some suicides you get a % higher attack and loose % health. But you can also gain percentage higher attack technically with Crit rate and dmg or adding attack points or % right?
    You can have both but is better to focus in one particular area or has anyone actually graphed the results of using certain attack enhancing masteries over others?
    Brian Grant (aka Contest Champion) has run tests on his Youtube channel comparing a full suicides build verses a very aggressive non-suicides build. He did arena, various solo quests, and other activities.

The results showed he was consistently faster with suicides.

But it depends what you are after. For me, speed is king. I can get through most content I need to, but doing it faster means more content cleared, means more rewards.

However, if something was really difficult I may drop the suicides and put the points back into mystic dispersion and use my sig 99 rank 5 Voodoo, as well as all my duped Dormammu with his special 2 to power lock. That team with MD would be easier to get through the difficult content with. But as soon as I was done with that quest I would go straight back to suicides. The problem with running suicides is that once you're used to playing with them, playing without them feels like a tremendous waste of time.

Yea BG is the reason I wanted to actually try out suicides
  • Options
    xoRIVALoxxoRIVALox Posts: 247
    edited October 2017
    Sigh I watched a YouTube video once blah blah

Well tonight you would have regretted suicides
    It all really depends what you are doing in game

I have MD 5 unlocked but don't use because kabam hates me and I have no great mystic champs

So here's the keys

1) they are expensive, so whether you pay real money, or event and arena grind.. Be prepared. I actually ran the exp masteries and within 2.5 months of playing I was level 60.

2) what Champs do you have? If it's a mixed bag than yes suicides may be for you. But make sure you have regen'ers

3) what are you working on? Are you cheap with potions? Do you like to advance through fights quickly? Or are you a team guy with few regen Champs and are relied heavily upon in

I do arenas, so suicides are wonderful. Short burst fights and I don't concern myself with arena suicide squads, I stomp them. Suicides also wonderful for those life transfer nodes

If you are going to do bit by bit upgrading don't, if you can't stockpile cores and need ro spend units on crystals, don't. There's other more useful masteries. However if you have 8520 units to play with.. Suicides are a good time

Check me in that one video site that I can't name here in self promotion, but that we all already mentioned
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    My recommendation is not to use a suicide build...
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    The best offense is a good defence!
  • Options
    Reevesy01Reevesy01 Posts: 79
    Rap wrote: »
    The best offense is a good defence!

The best defence ia a good offence

works both ways