**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Rank 5... for classic Ghost Rider?

Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
edited October 2020 in Strategy and Tips
I finally have the trinity after all these years. Since they’re still a fairly good trio, I’m thinking of taking my Classic Ghost Rider to Rank 5 because (1) he’d complete the trinity and (2) he’s now incinerate immune and I don’t have an incinerate immune champion at Rank 5.

Am I crazy to take up my Classic Ghost Rider?

Rank 5... for classic Ghost Rider? 42 votes

Certifiably insane - he’s weak and not worth it
23%
Lvernon15CliffordcanHammerbro_64TheHoodedDormammuKDSuperFlash10AleorKill_Grey-sixate-TRONG94Agent_X_zzz 10 votes
Slightly bonkers - it’s understandable but I wouldn’t do if
52%
Il_CuocozuffyJBC89MitriaxEtjamaMidnite93Iron_Patriot_is_litThicco_ModewalkerdogBuffBeastBlack_SwanudyedagainShenkIWCPuttPuttThēMandalorianCowabungaYodabolt21NuclearOrk[Deleted User] 22 votes
Not crazy at all - I have a Rank 5 Ghost Rider and he’s awesome
23%
SnizzbarxNigBaseballguy711Karatemike415DeaconXander_1_1SneakyWarriorSpideyFunkoJohnyBoyZan0 10 votes
Post edited by Kabam Habanero on

Comments

• Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    Not crazy at all - I have a Rank 5 Ghost Rider and he’s awesome
    He’s a pretty good Swiss Army knife when you put the trinity together.

Blade for villains or even without DS he’s pretty decent. What’s special about him is that besides the first 2 parries, you almost never need to parry the defender as you can cycle 2 combos into sp1 then bait specials to counter, keeping your chip damage low.

Spark as a heavy hitter. No need to say more.

GR for his utility and immunities, with bleed/incinerate immunity, fate seal, power drain, regen, he will likely be able to handle (and sustain) through the map.
  • Options
    MitriaxMitriax Posts: 215 ★★
    You can do it, but personally, I have always run the blade trinity with GR r4, Blade r5 and Spidey r5. I am not a big fan of GR's gameplay, he has his uses, but Blade and Spidey always did most of the job
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    I can't think of any fight where you'd need him at r5. Any rank works for synergies, and any fight where you'd use him, can be done with r4. His utility comes slow, you can't just power lock the opponent for example. You will have to use things you don't need first. I'd rather rank up some solid champ, who is usable without synergies. And gr without blade is very bad imo.
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

Unless you already have mojo, doom, Claire, and Longshot maxed, he is not worth the materials

It's amazing how you somehow forgot about sorcerer and symbiote supreme.
  • Options
    -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    There is no reason to take him to R5. There are so many great mystics now, and he isn't one of them.
  • Options
    IWCIWC Posts: 104 ★★
    Having incinerate + bleed immune may come in handy at some point & he has much utility with his toolkit if you are able to keep recycling his Sp3.

However, Mystic is one of the most stacked class now with Doom, BWCV, Symboiate/Sorcerer Supreme. I would take him up, but if only you haven't pulled one of the better Mystic.
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Outdated. Meh, low damage, ok immunities, but many better champs out there.
    In the words of the great @Lvernon15 "GR Sucks"
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Absolutely not, totally outdated champ, not useful in solo content past act 5, solid for map 6 and below aq but 1 you don’t need him at r5 there and 2 there are better options, he’s the only 5-65 that I truly regret