**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AW engineering AKA Cheating

2»

Comments

• Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★

Let's try to stay civil, please.

Why am I muted
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

Lvernon15 said:

Kaaldoot said:

Isn't having less defense better for your alliance?

If you read " far more superior" .. they are Cavs and above .. those defenders only on key boss nodes.. how this will be good for S2 Alliance of mine .. :(
    less defenders = good
    How so?

Kaaldoot said:

Isn't having less defense better for your alliance?

If you read " far more superior" .. they are Cavs and above .. those defenders only on key boss nodes.. how this will be good for S2 Alliance of mine .. :(
    less defenders = good
    How so?
    Hard to die to an empty node usually
    With your season I’m assuming that’s why you put usually...
    Woah! Only 2 deaths today buddy, back off
    Grats
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    Kaaldoot said:

To all the intellectuals of the game.. if leader and officer can call for attack he can very well call for defence too.. so apply your brain please. I've been playing game since launch and I know what is worth reporting and what is not.. above statement highlights 2 potential issues .. 1) Matchmaking 2) War engineering which is gradually becoming common. Boss nodes should be easy - this statement can only be made by a noob .. if you read node right and place absolut fit 6 star R2 duped Defender.. how your alliance players supposed to clear that .. where their PI is 4-5 K .
    Don't write to mock me here, instead don't write and follow community guidelines.
    I only need Kabam' attention here.
    And I am not whining about AW loss .. I am talking about " FAIRPLAY" ..

Matchmaking is a whole other subject, and I'm with you on that one. I'm just not getting into that at the moment because the conversation will never end. As for the second, I'm afraid that placing a strong Boss grouping and nothing else is within the rules of playing. Ambushing might be dirty, but it's not against any rules.
  • Options
    ABOMBABOMB Posts: 564 ★★★
    edited October 2020
    Kaaldoot said:

To all the intellectuals of the game.. if leader and officer can call for attack he can very well call for defence too.. so apply your brain please. I've been playing game since launch and I know what is worth reporting and what is not.. above statement highlights 2 potential issues .. 1) Matchmaking 2) War engineering which is gradually becoming common. Boss nodes should be easy - this statement can only be made by a noob .. if you read node right and place absolut fit 6 star R2 duped Defender.. how your alliance players supposed to clear that .. where their PI is 4-5 K .
    Don't write to mock me here, instead don't write and follow community guidelines.

I'm with you on the matchmaking grievance broham
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020
    Disregard this comment.
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    so are you saying that matchmaking is busted or that their strategy clearly and unrefutably shows how they are cheaters
  • Options
    DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    No defender on a tile is free attack bonus
    You don't have to fight for it.....
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,141 ★★★★★
    I assume OP is implying the alliance is tanking ... during the season? Becauuse for this specific war it only benefits OP alliance.
  • Options
    Charlie21540Charlie21540 Posts: 929 ★★★★
    Honestly. They may be aware that they're no longer gonna go up or down in ranking for the season at this point and are just putting minimal effort, knowing that they're pretty much locked in where they're at.
  • Options
    Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    The alliance you're facing is probably placing minimal defense to stay out of tier 5 so they can avoid defense tactics. It's really common for alliances to throw wars to keep they're war tier down.
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,941 ★★★★★
    So you think that the boss should be made easy for you to complete in war? What is the point of war then?
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Based on your description, I don’t think there is any cheating in your opponent alliance.
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,658 Guardian
    edited October 2020
    Kaaldoot said:

@Kaaldoot ,
    The possible reasoning could be (if you are all in low level War Rating), that opponents are maybe a NEWER but High Powered team that is still working their way up the War Rating Tiers.
    So in meantime climbing the ladder they know they will be facing many MUCH LOWER opponents. And so could be tossing your team some FREE Explore/Bonus POINTS (knowing they are strong enough to win anyways). Allowing you to walk thru most of the map, getting all those MAX 3x ATTACK BONUS (as well as Explore) points, as @Dr_Z01dberg previously detailed.
    Although that may actually cause problems for them, because now they will have missed a bunch of Diversity Points.

Or else they are doing it with the hopes that your side will see that and choose to not bring any decent champs for your attack (since most of map is empty). If that is the case, then that is on you guys, if you are ultimately not able to beat their Boss with “not your best” attackers.

As Zoidberg detailed, I had just outlined this exact same case for how Attack Bonus works regarding missing defenders in another thread yesterday. Other person there thought like you that somehow if you don’t have as many defenders to fight, that somehow you end up with less points. Wrong.
  • Options
    Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Kaaldoot said:

My alliance is currently engaged with far more superior alliance ( alliance matchmaking still questionable ), what concerns me is They have strategically placed only 4 player for defence and in attack they have all 10 players active to score maximum attack points.. Other alliance is active and they couldn't place defender ..that theory is not valid cause they had all 10 active when attack started like they been waiting and planned it that way.
    My question / concern is it fair play ? Should this be allowed ? Hope Kabam atleast notice this and put some thoughts on this.

Let me break it down really easy for you.

•With defenders on nodes•

Let’s say each node with a defender on it is worth 4 points. And each time said defender kills you you lose 1 point, up to 3 deaths.

So at Max you can score 4 points on it. Least is 1 point. So a full clear with defenders can be 200 point per BG. With all attack bonuses lost that would be 50 points per BG. Meaning a total of 600 for perfect play and 50 for everyone dying 3 times to a node.

But that’s not really how it goes. Some nodes you solo some you take 1-2 deaths to. So realistically you’re looking at 150-100 per BG.

Now let’s look at a near empty map.

•with 10 defenders on nodes•

Each node that would have had a defender on it now gets max points.
    4. Each node with a defender now gets least points possible 1, because let’s say you lose all your attack bonus.

That’s now 175 points per BG. This “strategy” you’re taking about doesn’t benefit them at all. In fact you’re now earning more points thus raising your score that you would have. Thus raising your ranking.

Now we aren’t even taking about diversity points either. If you manage to kill their boss island even giving up your full AB they have to play PERFECTLY to match and or beat your AB. But that won’t be the deciding factor. As long as you have 15 diverse champs in your BG’s you win if you take out their island. And they won’t have diversity numbers as they will only get points if they place champs.

In summary points across 3 BG’s with opponents placing all defenders will be in the neighborhood of 400-500. Points across 3 BG’s with a near empty map, around 525.

• Options
    KaaldootKaaldoot Posts: 8
    Thank you All... Some really meaningful suggestions and explanation there.. gives lot of insights.. you guys rock..!!
    Thank you again.
    Shall comeback if need more insight.
    Bless me with doom someone ... XD
  • Options
    daveyj_196_daveyj_196_ Posts: 437
    You also have to take into consideration that maybe war is optional for that alliance. We run 2 bg, bg1 has a permanent membership, bg2 is for whoever wants it and we regularly start a war with a less than full bg 2.