**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Human Torch needs awakening?

dangarang122dangarang122 Posts: 416 ★★★
edited October 2020 in Strategy and Tips
So, after countless science and mystic dual crystals, I finally pulled one of the two champs I wanted, Human Torch, today. I have taken him to rank 4, and as soon as I get another t5bc, have full plans to make him my first 5 star rank 5. My question is does he need an awakening gem or high sigs? I think his awakened ability allows a chance to get the pre-fight ability back. Is it useful? Are there any other benefits, or can I use him without awakening and he is just as good?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Who was the other champ you were looking for? Just curious
  • RaviDaviRaviDavi Posts: 800 ★★★
    I'd say he doesn't need his awakened ability to be an awesome champ.
  • avenge_123avenge_123 Posts: 1,307 ★★★
    It is not necessary to awaken him.....believe me ...he is my first and only six star....and he is awesome unawakened.....if awakened(rekindle) he has 15% chance after each fight to activate his prefight if already consumed once...but you still have one prefight in one quest
  • dangarang122dangarang122 Posts: 416 ★★★

@SpideyFunko there were actually a total of 3 champs I was looking for: Human Torch, Doom(don't we all), and Sorcerer Supreme...
  • The_Blue_JaguarThe_Blue_Jaguar Posts: 249 ★★
    I used a gem on my 5* and regretted it. It doesn’t do much and I usually don’t use his charge before the final boss. If you tackle Abyss, it can be nice to use it again after Mephisto, but the chance is so small and it’s doable with other champs.
  • Charlie21540Charlie21540 Posts: 929 ★★★★
    I used an awakening gem on mine and dumped in some stones on him. He doesn't NEED it, I did it purely for my abyss run. Definitely nice to get that prefight ability back in the abyss
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    He does not need it, you rarely will need his prefight for more than 1 fight per quest.
  • GreanGrean Posts: 1,397 ★★★★

@SpideyFunko there were actually a total of 3 champs I was looking for: Human Torch, Doom(don't we all), and Sorcerer Supreme...
    Ive been hunting HT, Claire, and sorcerer supreme. got Claire from my first dual crystal
  • Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    He only needs it for abyss. He’s perfectly fine otherwise.
  • EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
    Only if u plan to quest a lot with him... and by this I mean long quests where you might wanna use him against at least more than one incinerate immune champ ( his pre fight ability bypasses Incinerate immunity).
  • He doesn't really need it, you still only have access to one fight with his prefight ability and to regain the charge you have to fight with him normally. It starts scaling at ±10% at sig 1. You'll find most people save the prefight for that one annoying mystic or the boss fight.

Sure it helps but there's only any point in awakening him if you're going to max sig him IMO. IF it was guaranteed at sig200 I'd say yeah go for it but it's a bit unreliable to invest IMO. I only awakened mine for AoL, because I had a spare gem and already had Cap and Void awakened.
  • WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,324 ★★★★

I used a gem on my 5* and regretted it. It doesn’t do much and I usually don’t use his charge before the final boss. If you tackle Abyss, it can be nice to use it again after Mephisto, but the chance is so small and it’s doable with other champs.

I duped him naturally (when he was in featured 5* I got him twice back to back) and while I agree that he does not need the dupe, I must disagree that the chance is so small and it‘s not useful to refresh his Nova. Mine at max Sig got 20% chance plus 40% more every time it fails.

1st fight = Nova activated
    2nd fight = 20% Chance to refresh
    3rd fight = 60% Chance to refresh
    4th fight = 100% Chance to refresh

In AW or Abyss it can be useful. And even on some missions. Worst case you can refresh his charge with revives.