**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Oh lord, rank down tickets...not what you think

2»

Comments

• Options
    mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Here's the shortest horror story ever: The last person in the world heard a knock a the door...
  • Options
    The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    In a nutshell, it contradicts the design of the game. The game is built on cumulative progression. Everything from Rating to Events is based on metrics that are progressive, and at the very least stable. There is really no such thing as useless Ranking. It's a part of the overall building, for both us and our Ally. For example, Prestige. I have never been a proponent of Prestige being the only focus (Prestige Race), but the AQ System is dependent on it. Constant shifts and fluxes would have an effect. S.A. would be affected as well, along with other Events. The game is not designed for "takes-backsies", for lack of a better term.
    Then there's the financial aspect. The In-Game Value of the Resources far outweighs any cost you could charge for Tickets. Consider the value of the Cats and the revenue generated from working towards getting them. The entire game is built on working towards, or buying, Resources. It's actually quite high. In the thousands, is my estimate. Offering Tickets for sale would counteract that entire process.
    There's also a decision-making component. Using our Resources as we choose is a part of the overall game strategy. The other part is living with those choices and making different decisions when we Ranked next. It all goes into the overall progression. Nothing is really wasted. The way we advance is cumulative. The more we Rank, the more we grow. Unfortunately, as some have focused on the Prestige Race for so long as I mentioned, the process became confused, for some. The game is actually geared towards us Ranking as much as we can, but people are also free to play however they like.
    Basically, they weren't designed for mainstream consumption because they contradict pretty much everything about the game. They were only designed because of major changes to Champs.

Metrics that are stable? no.

A champ having an ability is only useful FOR something. Everyone wants SL for his damage output so that they can beat......whatever. Everyone wants Magik for her Limbo and nullify FOR certain content. The list goes on. It is part of player strategy. This whole freakin game is all about collecting and ranking champs actually.

Changing the dynamics of any parts of the game makes a HUGE difference in the usefulness of champs abilities.
    That is the argument that dominates the threads on RDT's
    Players need to realize the truth about this game. The metrics are NOT stable AT ALL so rank accordingly.
    Everyone knows that a nerf CAN likely happen to any champs and that current "useful ability" champs that were ranked up and sought after can easily be made less useful at the next game update.

People also seem to miss that this "feels" like a bait and switch to MOST people playing the game. It would be like buying peanuts at a baseball game and then the stadium who sold them to you said they don't allow peanuts to be eaten in the stadium any more. Sure you can wait and take them elsewhere to eat but you bought them for eating at the stadium or you would not have bought them at all. The stadium knew that and mislead you anyways.

People feel tricked and they don't like it.

The metrics I'm referring to are Rating and Prestige.
    People Rank who they want for what they want. The Champs function the same as they did before. Even if people Ranked for War alone, the Champ still behaves the same. The whole idea that a Champ is useless outside of War and that Ranking outside of that is useless, is a part of the whole problem.

You have to agree that outside of War nodes are not the same and therefore the champ does not behave the same outside of war. In AW I'm dealing with a stun immune Nightcrawler for instance. He does not have this ability outside of war and therefore does not function the same.
    I suppose I'm neutral on the subject but I do see the other side and realize that I haven't lost what others have either.

My only point honestly is that no one that I have heard of so far upgrades champs just for the champ itself but FOR a mechanic of the game that the champ gives them an advantage over. The game mechanics CAN change at the prerogative of the devs but with no prior notice and when real money and a LOT of time are involved from peoples lives they do feel cheated to an extent. That is obvious I think.