**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

I used a soul boost. No, really.

So I was finishing up the Legendary side quest last night, and I actually used an actual soul boost like for realsies. I couldn't believe it. I've been basically trying to complete Legendary without revives, which would otherwisemake it a bit too easy for me, and some paths ere somewhat difficult for me to do that, cold snap Sasquatch for example. For those paths I've been bringing two champs for the path and one path for the boss. However, the poison path seemed easy enough that I decided to bring one champ - Omega - for the path and two champs for the boss, just in case. So I had Omega for the path, Sym Supreme for The Champion, and I brought Sorcerer Supreme as insurance in case I made a boo boo on the Champion.

It all went fine until I slipped up on Red Guardian and took an SP1 to the face. I finished the fight with just a sliver of health. But I thought since Diablo wasn't a super hard fight, I should give it a try. I got him to about one third health and then I slipped up again and died. No more poison immune, so time to exit and just try again.

Then I thought about the soul boosts. They always looked stupid to me, but I decided to give them another glance.

Soul of Envy: The Attacker is Immune to Poison. Whenever a Poison fails to apply to the Attacker due to an Immunity, the Defender gains an Unstoppable Buff for 7 seconds. This Boost can only be used in the "Hades Invasions" Quest.

Well that's worthless. Who wants the defender to be going unstoppable all the time? I mean, if I had some counter to unstoppable buffs...

Huh. Well that's worth a try, since I'm overflowing with the soul currency anyway. I slap Soul of Envy on, go in with Sorcerer Supreme, and well what do you know, spamming SP1 and just nullifying the unstoppables was a piece of cake.

So yes, the Soul Boosts are not totally worthless. I found *one* use for them. Now if only there were 131 other uses for Soul Boosts, I would have something to do with all this Lost Soul currency.

Comments

• HavocGamer49HavocGamer49 Posts: 408 ★★★
    Understandable, i was forced to use soul boosts for the bwcv on the bleed - incinerate path
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

disgusting. imagine playing the event the way it was designed. normie

They should have had a bonus objective for clearing every path *with* soul boosts.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Geez, what's with all the troll posting lately? Wait... you're serious...
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Am I the only person who thought it was either @SpideyFunko or @will-o-wisp that did this post?
  • Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    Ngl I actually thought it was Spideyfunko who made this post and used the boost as some kind of joke
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Kabam, the gift that keeps on giving.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

disgusting. imagine playing the event the way it was designed. normie

They should have had a bonus objective for clearing every path *with* soul boosts.
    I'm shivering
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    I’ve used one! There are a couple paths in which my roster has better answers for the downside of the boost than the debuff. I think there’s actually, potentially, some fun to be had in deciding which one you had better answers for. But it just didn’t play out that way
  • DNA3000 said:

Etjama said:

Geez, what's with all the troll posting lately? Wait... you're serious...

I'm always serious. And don't call me Geez.

Found you, alliance leader. I’m Pinheadious in game. This whole post made me laugh. Also, I’m not usually on the forums anyway, so if you respond to my comment and I get pinged, I won’t know until the next time I visit the forums.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,904 ★★★★★
    That side quest was extremely easy
  • DariusYiDariusYi Posts: 171
    I played epic. I used the coldsnap and bleed immune boosts on the last stage. Made it easier i think. Did a few runs and had problem with sasquatch and masacre prior to the boost. Immune roster ain't good enough.
  • pete8388pete8388 Posts: 142 ★★
    Not having a shock immune, I used that soul boost every time. Warlock and his infections took care of the rest.
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

So I was finishing up the Legendary side quest last night, and I actually used an actual soul boost like for realsies. I couldn't believe it. I've been basically trying to complete Legendary without revives, which would otherwisemake it a bit too easy for me, and some paths ere somewhat difficult for me to do that, cold snap Sasquatch for example. For those paths I've been bringing two champs for the path and one path for the boss. However, the poison path seemed easy enough that I decided to bring one champ - Omega - for the path and two champs for the boss, just in case. So I had Omega for the path, Sym Supreme for The Champion, and I brought Sorcerer Supreme as insurance in case I made a boo boo on the Champion.

It all went fine until I slipped up on Red Guardian and took an SP1 to the face. I finished the fight with just a sliver of health. But I thought since Diablo wasn't a super hard fight, I should give it a try. I got him to about one third health and then I slipped up again and died. No more poison immune, so time to exit and just try again.

Then I thought about the soul boosts. They always looked stupid to me, but I decided to give them another glance.

Soul of Envy: The Attacker is Immune to Poison. Whenever a Poison fails to apply to the Attacker due to an Immunity, the Defender gains an Unstoppable Buff for 7 seconds. This Boost can only be used in the "Hades Invasions" Quest.

Well that's worthless. Who wants the defender to be going unstoppable all the time? I mean, if I had some counter to unstoppable buffs...

Huh. Well that's worth a try, since I'm overflowing with the soul currency anyway. I slap Soul of Envy on, go in with Sorcerer Supreme, and well what do you know, spamming SP1 and just nullifying the unstoppables was a piece of cake.

So yes, the Soul Boosts are not totally worthless. I found *one* use for them. Now if only there were 131 other uses for Soul Boosts, I would have something to do with all this Lost Soul currency.

This is what I did to 100% the Side Quest too! I used the Poison Immune Soul Boost with Sorcerer Supreme to spam specials.

You can also use the Shock Immune Boost with a reverse heal champion. I used Torch and Void and I had fun cheesing those paths.