Options

Resource Arenas Badly Need a Reward Buff

It has to have been nearly 2 years now since these were buffed, and the game has significantly passed these rewards by. To be honest, the Class Catalyst Clash rewards were out of date when they were released. Only the Top 25 in the whole game get a fully formed T4CC, which is now attainable DAILY in the 22 hour event. I'm not gonna get too much into how outdated they are, most of us are aware. I'd suggest something like this:

Alpha Arena Buffed Milestone Rewards - Five T1 Alphas throughout. 9,000 - 18,000 T2 Alpha fragments (Total) on the top two tiers.

T1 Alphas are becoming the new T2 Class Catalyst, in that we're now emphasizing greater catalysts in rewards (As we should) so much that we're not able to get these anymore. That's one rank up for one five star per 9 days. Not that much to ask for End Game players.

T2 Alphas are becoming relatively easy to earn. You get one every month for free. You'll get one and a half in November's side quest. You get almost 90,000 fragments just running Master/Uncollected/Cavalier EQ every month. 9,000 is a drop in the bucket.

Alpha Arena Buffed Rank Rewards - Top Tier gets a fully formed T2 Alpha. Second Tier gets 18,000 fragments. Remaining percentages either get a couple T1 Alphas or 9,000 shards.

Consider the Top Two tiers right now only account for something like the Top 25 in the game, so a fully formed isn't too bad. I would do the 9,000 T2 Alpha shards for rank rewards if you did only 9,000 for Milestone Rewards. If you did 18,000 in Milestone Rewards then give out T1 Alphas for the Rank Rewards.

Basic Catalyst Arena Buffed Milestone Rewards - Three T4 Basics throughout. 4,500 - 9,000 T5 Basic Fragments (Total) on the top two tiers.

Relatively same logic here as with the Alpha arena, although I think T4 Basics are easier to obtain right now than T1 Alphas, which is why I didn't buff them as much. Adds a small amount of T5 Basic, as the game has moved toward this.

Basic Catalyst Arena Buffed Rank Rewards - Top Tier gets 22,500 T5 Basic fragments. Second Tier gets 11,250 fragments. Remaining tiers get 1-2 Fully Formed T4 catalysts and 4,500 - 9,000 T5 Basic fragments.

Same logic still. Again, the top two tiers are an incredibly exclusive group. The number of T5 Basic fragments would depend on how much they give you in milestone rewards.

Class Catalyst Arena Buffed Milestone Rewards - Two fully formed T4 Class Catalysts. Three 2% T5 Class Catalyst Crystals on the top tiers.

This is the worst of the three arenas by far. It requires the most points and gives you a pathetic amount of T4 Class Catalyst Fragments plus two Ascendant Crystals for your troubles. Going into 2021, this arena isn't even worth playing for most, if not any player. As was already noted, you can get a fully formed T4 Class Catalyst daily on the 22 hour event, now. Three 2% T5 Class Catalysts Fragments isn't that much, when you consider they're randomized Crystals.

Class Catalyst Arena Buffed Rank Rewards - Top Tier gets 10% T5 Class Catalyst selector. Second Tier gets 10% T5 Class Catalyst Crystal. Remaining tiers gets 1-2 2% T5 Class Catalyst Crystals.

Again, the Top 2 tiers are a very exclusive group, and I assume they wouldn't hand out 25% on the arena, so I did a selector to differentiate the Top tier. The 2% crystals for the remaining tiers are again, minor, considering they're crystals.

Open for suggestion, the overall point of the thread is to highlight how behind these rewards are from the rest of the game, currently. My suggestions are just what I came up with on the fly, so I'd love to hear other ideas. Keep in mind, you've gotta be reasonable with reward suggestions, considering these arenas cycle every nine days.

Comments

• Options
    AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,295 ★★★★★
    The only one that hasn't been touched is the Class Catalyst Arena, and they really shouldn't call it that if you can't even get shards from milestones! They need to add a full crystal in lower rankings, and at least glory or greater glory crystals in milestones. That will at least guarantee t4cc shards rather than a pathetic ascendant crystal.

They did buff the t2a and t4b awhile ago, but increasing the milestones +1 or +2 at minimum would be nice considering where the game is now.
  • Options

The only one that hasn't been touched is the Class Catalyst Arena, and they really shouldn't call it that if you can't even get shards from milestones! They need to add a full crystal in lower rankings, and at least glory or greater glory crystals in milestones. That will at least guarantee t4cc shards rather than a pathetic ascendant crystal.

They did buff the t2a and t4b awhile ago, but increasing the milestones +1 or +2 at minimum would be nice considering where the game is now.

Agreed, I can hit the final milestone in less than one run with only my 5*, I actually see no point in pushing for rank rewards either unless you’re really bored but even then every other arena is more rewarding.
  • Options
    GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    I think you have pretty much nailed it. Nothing too greedy, and very representative of the current meta.
    The only think I think they would change is the 3x 2%. Because even uncollected players can get to those milestone rewards. And that is way to early to gain t5cc.

Perhaps they should make these arena's title based. Uncollected and below get the 'old' arena's. With maybe just a tweek in the t4cc to actually give a t4cc. And Cavalier and above get the arena's like you suggested. And the rewards are gotten with 4/5/6 * champs 5* featured arena style.
    I think that would be the most fitting. And representative of the progression level of players.